List Mgmt. Trade Targets 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't kid yourself that recruiting is only done in trade week or even in the same season. Clubs are into players for years even from the time they're drafted. Just because there's talk now of some contact doesn't mean this hasn't been going on for a long time. Doesn't mean there's anything to this Nicholls talk but don't discount anything because you think you know a timeframe.

I think people underestimate how much players talk to the opposition as well. I've been told that you can 100% guarantee that every player in a starting/fringe 22 has talked to opposition list managers at least once - if not because they're curious about their worth. The media doesn't catch on to an incredibly large majority of it.

I certainly don't want the first to be traded again.

I do, GWS have two first round picks and with their Academy, bidding system and points allocation, they dont need two firat round selections. trade our 1st, 3rd, 5th and 6th round picks for their two First round selecetions please. Then give up Matthew Lobbe for a Second rounder and have 2 First round Selections, a Second and a Fourth.

I do, GWS have two first round picks and with their Academy, bidding system and points allocation, they dont need two firat round selections. trade our 1st, 3rd, 5th and 6th round picks for their two First round selecetions please. Then give up Matthew Lobbe for a Second rounder and have 2 First round Selections, a Second and a Fourth.
Your hired.

This would be great if we could convince someone to do it, but the main thing I'm against is trading for a player who may or may not be what we need and entering the draft in the 3rd round.

Sam Colquhoun for Callum Mills

Does O'Shea have any trade value or is he a straightforward delist?

If we can't work a trade for him we should retain him.

I would think his trade value is minimal, plenty of players around like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A big yes from me. One of my favourite non Port players and he's Kenny's cousin
yes please. As Janus said he would slot in perfectly.

Sydney got Rohan with pick 6 and Lewis Jetta with pick 14 (from Jolly trade) in 2009 and went from slow to bloody quick in one draft. First time I saw him play I though this guy is bloody blisteringly quick and him and Jetta played about 8 games together in 2010 before he did a hammy. I remember thinking why can't we find/draft blokes with this sort of speed, instead we went for Moore at 9, had to take Butcher at 8. Jasper has come good using pick 16 but he has only displayed his genuine pace since 2014 when he finally got on top of his injuries.

When Rohan broke his leg in 2012 I thought that might be the end of him and his blistering speed. His injury reminded me of another swan's speedster, Jamie Lawson who along with Paul Kelly were the only shining lights in that pre Lockett and Roos period in the early/mid 90's. Lawson broke his leg at the MCG and never played again. He had played 60 or 70 games and was only 23. It was a crying shame.

But luckily Rohan hasn't lost his speed, and he has bulked up over the years and is a decent size at 189cms/88kgs.

yes please. As Janus said he would slot in perfectly.

Sydney got Rohan with pick 6 and Lewis Jetta with pick 14 (from Jolly trade) in 2009 and went from slow to bloody quick in one draft. First time I saw him play I though this guy is bloody blisteringly quick and him and Jetta played about 8 games together in 2010 before he did a hammy. I remember thinking why can't we find/draft blokes with this sort of speed, instead we went for Moore at 9, had to take Butcher at 8. Jasper has come good using pick 16 but he has only displayed his genuine pace since 2014 when he finally got on top of his injuries.

When Rohan broke his leg in 2012 I thought that might be the end of him and his blistering speed. His injury reminded me of another swan's speedster, Jamie Lawson who along with Paul Kelly were the only shining lights in that pre Lockett and Roos period in the early/mid 90's. Lawson broke his leg at the MCG and never played again. He had played 60 or 70 games and was only 23. It was a crying shame.

But luckily Rohan hasn't lost his speed, and he has bulked up over the years and is a decent size at 189cms/88kgs.

Remember how quick Lawson was? Wow!

Remember how quick Lawson was? Wow!
As quick as he looked on TV, I can tell you from experience watching regularly at the SCG, he was as quick as anyone I have seen play live in the flesh, including Judd - and I was there that day at the Gabba in 2003 that Judd carved thru Brisbane defence and kicked 5 before half time.

Does O'Shea have any trade value or is he a straightforward delist?

I would think his trade value is minimal, plenty of players around like him.

Has trade value. If you think he is delist material you have rocks in your head. Richmond probably has one defender on their 40 man list I would pick before Oshea and that's about it.

i really, really don't get the Rohan love.

blokes 25, 26 next year. averages 10 disposals, 3 marks and 1 goal a game. Despite winning a stack of games their list is thin and self admitted they are still playing a stack of kids. He's still contracted and an ex-top-pick playing for a top side, he ain't coming cheap and he's not worth it IMO.

Has trade value. If you think he is delist material you have rocks in your head. Richmond probably has one defender on their 40 man list I would pick before Oshea and that's about it.

The only reason you'd keep him is for depth.

i really, really don't get the Rohan love.

blokes 25, 26 next year. averages 10 disposals, 3 marks and 1 goal a game. Despite winning a stack of games their list is thin and self admitted they are still playing a stack of kids. He's still contracted and an ex-top-pick playing for a top side, he ain't coming cheap and he's not worth it IMO.

Yea it's a funny one with Rohan. Huge amount of talent and potential. You can see him charging down the opposite wing to Polec and lacing out Dixon on a lead. But you are right, the reality is an inconsistent, injury cruelled player who manages a couple feats a game to keep everyone excited. The fact he is in his prime and is an ex top pick, ensure that his value is high despite limited impact.

Contrast him with Matt White's performance and what he paid for him.

I'd take Rohan but not at the high price I suspect we would have to pay.

I've heard it mentioned in media, and on the Swans board that Nankervis is gettable. Lines up with what I imagine.

Good list fit for Port. A bruiser of a ruck/fwd. And a beauty of a set shot.

Handles like a mack truck however

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back