Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What mature age player are they going to attract with pick 2 and 3?

I will tell you. None as no one will want to go there

If no one wants to go there they will just go to the draft with 2 and 3 and draft absolute elite talent. They won't deal for a myriad of middle first round picks, they already have a ton of that type of player on their list. What they don't have is elite A grade talent. And you know what spots you're more likely to find that in the draft? Picks 2 and 3.

If we are serious on Jack or Issac then McGovern is out the door, have to get Carlton a priority pick then they are more likely to give up pick 1 or 2
Gov + ours and Melbourne’s first round pick, for 1 or 2.
To me that’s paying overs but it’s what it’s going to take IMO.

I agree with the bolded part. I don't think he is that big a liability for the type of player that you have described. I just think you only have room for one of those types of players. You have to have a balance. I don't think there is room for him in the team with Matt Crouch and Greenwood. But I will be most grateful to know that we have him running around in the SANFL ready to step in and take that role if Crouch in particular goes down.
Poholke is starting to go pass him.

So supposedly on talking footy fireman Cornes has said Polec to North is pretty much a done deal.
Meaning they could go into this draft with a reasonable draft hand if that the case ie 8 and 11 approximately, with the hope to trade up I guess too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So supposedly on talking footy fireman Cornes has said Polec to North is pretty much a done deal.
Meaning they could go into this draft with a reasonable draft hand if that the case ie 8 and 11 approximately, with the hope to trade up I guess too
Even if they manage to get North's r1 pick and keep their own, wouldn't it be better for them to draft in 2 potentially really good round one players? Their list doesn't seem too strong to me so getting in two good players is better than trying to trade up for an early pick (especially give it's going to cost quite a lot to do it this year).

If we are serious on Jack or Issac then McGovern is out the door, have to get Carlton a priority pick then they are more likely to give up pick 1 or 2
Gov + ours and Melbourne’s first round pick, for 1 or 2.
To me that’s paying overs but it’s what it’s going to take IMO.

Wouldn't the priority pick likely be pick 19 after Gold Coast gets a compensation pick?

Another reason to lose to North

They want Steven May though, so will have to send some currency to the Gold Coast
May would be on decent coin so they don't want to pay someone who will finish in their top 3 players this year and entering his prime and have said he wants to stay but fork out for a GC player......if it does happen, it will have Hinkley's finger print all over it.

I would ring the Gold Coast Suns and ask about a package deal for pick 2 and 3.

Adelaide sent Mitch McGovern to Fremantle for pick 7 (1644 points)

Adelaide give the Gold Coast Pick 7 (1644 points), our pick 8 (1551 points), Melbourne Pick 13 (1212 points) and pick 37 (483 points) or pick 2 (2517 points), pick 3 (2234 points) and pick 42 (395 points)

Adelaide loses: Pick 7 (McGovern), pick 8, pick 13 and pick 37 = 4890 points

Adelaide gain: pick 2, 3 and 42 = 5146 points

*Turns on PlayStation*

I reckon we do something similar, again only in the case of McGovern going and Freo giving up pick 7. I think we’ll finish 11th, with Bombers losing next 2 and Adelaide end up with picks 9, Melb 1st, Carl 2nd (20), 27, 45, 63.

Part 1:

Send 7, 9, Melbourne pick (12-15), CEY, 45 to Gold Coast for picks 2 & 3.

Reasoning: Keep 2 first round picks for players they have identified as willing to go to GC whilst gaining another 1st rounder to secure Academy player. Add a big senior body in the middle that they desperately want in CEY + 45 for even more Academy points.

Part 2:

Send picks 20, 27, 1st round 2019 to North Melbourne for Picks 10 and 46

Reasoning: 20 & 27 ( 1,615 points = pick 7) used to secure North Academy player Tarryn Thomas + Crows 2019 1st rounder to secure trades.

Final Result:

Adelaide
Pick 2 - Lukosius
Pick 3 - Rankine
Pick 10 - Rozee
Pick 46 -

That’s how it’s done people. :adelaide::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back