Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasia recontracted until 2021

Such s**t news, I see no one else out there of high quality that’s really realistically worth targeting now, could maybe trade some later picks for some role players but probably favouring more exclusively going to the Draft for the next couple of years

So's Jake Spencer killing it in the NEAFL, would we consider him??:moustache:

11 times in the bests from 15 games, best on for Apsley on the weekend.:)
Honestly, Spencer should probably be on an AFL list.

I get the feeling all our eggs are in the Lukosine pairing and look for a skinny kid at pick 80 or something
The thing in our favour is theres talented SA kids around if we miss Luko. It's not a draft where theres 3 or 4 good prospects, particularly with the glut of picks we have

Nothing to do with Gibbs

Wingard was just as highly rated as Rankine, and I wonder whether anyone thinks Wingard would have been worth the cost it would take to get Rankine?

Cost vs benefit
Yes probably

All Australian , winner of showdowns off his own boot etc

Risk v Reward basis - yes

Rankine has a better resume than Wingard at same point as well

Whatever happens with rankine I can't wait to watch him play in the coming years - a special talent

Todd Goldstein who is 31 next year is slowing down and in the home strength of his career, the Kangaroos would want a top 15 pick for Brandon Preuss.

We won’t be signing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing in our favour is theres talented SA kids around if we miss Luko. It's not a draft where theres 3 or 4 good prospects, particularly with the glut of picks we have
We really have produced some decent talent this year. I know for a fact both us and the Saints had a scout at the Centrals v Norwood game on the weekend and I know we have shown a lot of interest in Hately. You guys are in a pretty good position to nail some serious home grown talent

Such s**t news, I see no one else out there of high quality that’s really realistically worth targeting now, could maybe trade some later picks for some role players but probably favouring more exclusively going to the Draft for the next couple of years

Blessing in disguise maybe. I would have loved Fantasia even at the steep price we would have had to pay. But probably need to take all of our early picks to the draft. Today’s 22 under 22 we only had 2 players, both defenders. We need mids. Melbourne had 6 players. I am bullish on Fog and EH, but we have nothing coming through in the midfield ranks. Poholke and Signorello are miles off A grade material.

In terms of pecking order in the midfield, he will be ahead of Yolmen end of next year. This year, you see Poholke get into the right spot but his last disposal was poor, it will improve next year.
Makes more sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back