Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Port Adelaide is still undecided on its final offer to out-of-contract wingman Jared Polec, who is destined to become the winner of North Melbourne’s long-running play to make a strategic strike in the AFL trade market.

“The Power understands its current three-year offer to 25-year-old Polec will not quell the temptation of a five-year, $3.5 million offer -- with $1 million in the first season -- from the Kangaroos.

“But Port Adelaide has not made its own call on whether it should counter North Melbourne offer to the speedy midfielder with extra seasons to the current contract offer -- or more money to narrow the $2 million gap with the Kangaroos."

Port are now suffering for stupid decisions like Dixon , Ryder, Watts, Rocky and Motlop. They r all on decent coin bar Watts.
I believe Polec is worth a 1st rounder but has some poor areas. Typical port player, good with ball in hand but really poor defensively.

I don’t think port will have enough money for him

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you want a tall that comes cheap and can play both ends GWS rookie Zach Sproule is out of contract season's end, worth a serious look especially with our swingman depth Otten likely finishing up. Tall, mobile, great endurance, good overhead and good foot skills, currently playing up forward in the NEAFL and kicking plenty of goals, but played CHB/FB in the TAC Comp for the Murray Bushrangers when I've seen him play and was very impressive in that role. I'd be confident he'd be playing AFL by now for a lot of AFL clubs.
Here's his expanded draft highlights reel from the 2016 Draft Hub at this link if you're interested.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/video/2016-11-28/rookie-draft-zach-sproule
Looks like he has some nice composure too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I often wonder is Chads slide because he isn't held accountable?

Maybe?

2013-2015 Chad was an absolute world beater, was on the verge of real stardom.

I’d be very happy getting our hands on that version

2016-2018 particular this year and last, far more pedestrian and I wouldn’t be giving up 2 top 10 picks in what is being called the draft of the decade

We've had Sam Mayes and Sam Day.

Just need Tim Broomhead, and

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back