Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna happen mate , swans won’t let go of Hayward on his own let alone with a bonus for us so it’s a mute point

By time Hayward is 25 I predict he will be on similar coin , time will tell but he’s got 4-5 years

Interesting. I reckon this time next year Gallucci will be rated above him. I believe he will be like Milera this year - really showing good signs

Yep Himmelberg would have to play in Gov’s spot. Few cm taller too, which always helps. Proven enough goal kicker, especially toward the back end of the year

He’d be a nice Hartigan replacement too, although I believe Keath will grasp that chance next year

Not gonna happen mate , swans won’t let go of Hayward on his own let alone with a bonus for us so it’s a mute point

By time Hayward is 25 I predict he will be on similar coin , time will tell but he’s got 4-5 years
* moot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News of hawthorn after mcgovern is very good for the crows. Unlikely the hawks will offer us anything worthwhile unless luke breust is put up as a possible trade but this severely weakens carlton's hand in negotiations. I would be strong on pick 1 or he stays. Carlton will cave, guaranteed. * them after they reamed us on gibbs.

Probably an arm and a leg
750k per year. We could easily afford that if we made some hard decisions on players such as douglas, mackay , kelly, hartigan, jacobs for once in our existence. Unlikely gws will give him up as i feel he is close to their best player.

Last edited:
750k. We could easily afford that if we made some hard decisions on players such as douglas, mackay , kelly, hartigan, jacobs for once in our existence. Unlikely gws will give him up as i feel he is close to their best player.
The salary of Himmelberg is irrelevant. They're not trading him.

Of those players, Jacobs is on decent money. The rest aren't.

750k. We could easily afford that if we made some hard decisions on players such as douglas, mackay , kelly, hartigan, jacobs for once in our existence. Unlikely gws will give him up as i feel he is close to their best player.
I bloody rate Himmelberg but he isn’t their best player, Coniglio/Kelly/Whitfield for starters are definitely better

I bloody rate Himmelberg but he isn’t their best player, Coniglio/Kelly/Whitfield for starters are definitely better
I strongly rate himmers. He is structurally critical to their forward line. Would love to see the brothers running around together. Would be a massive upgrade on the injury prone gov.

Himmelberg is a seriously good forward. We would be ahead in a straight swap for Gov imo.

Where on earth we are playing all of Walker, Lynch, Jenkins, Fog, Himmelberg #1 and Himmelberg #2'.... Well Idk.

I agree with Rabbit, GWS would be smarter to offload Patton for a late 2nd and retain Himmelberg.

Himmelberg is a seriously good forward. We would be ahead in a straight swap for Gov imo.

Where on earth we are playing all of Walker, Lynch, Jenkins, Fog, Himmelberg #1 and Himmelberg #2'.... Well Idk.

I agree with Rabbit, GWS would be smarter to offload Patton for a late 2nd and retain Himmelberg.
Theres a reason we wanted Harry in the draft a few years ago. The kid is class, hes basically Gov with a better kick.

If GWS trade him out they are mad.

To answer your question we play our best team and dont find spots for players solely based on games played or contract size. Easy. I would love our forwars line to be:
Rankine Jenkins Knight
Betts HHimmelberg Gallucci

Would be close to the best forward line in the league imo.

Depth: lynch, walker, fogarty, ehimmelberg.
Feel fogarty could play down back or midfield once he builds his tank and ehimmelberg is the possible successor to jenkins.

If we end up with rankine, hhimmelberg and a decent ruck this trade period i will be very happy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back