Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Lobb leaves GWS I reckon we can count ourselves out of getting Pruess.

Purely me spit balling here, but maybe we threw out hat in the ring for Preuess, but are also looking at going with Sauce for one more year and then getting 2m Peter? Joins the dots of a few GC rumors that have been going around?

That would mean the recruiting team have huge faith in Wright's abilities as a ruck. Or maybe terms with Preuss have been agreed, and now both clubs are waiting to see what draft picks they have available to trade, considering both Adel and North are heavily involved in some big moves?

To answer your question we play our best team and dont find spots for players solely based on games played or contract size. Easy. I would love our forwars line to be:
Rankine Jenkins Knight
Betts HHimmelberg Gallucci

Would be close to the best forward line in the league imo.

Depth: lynch, walker, fogarty, ehimmelberg.
Feel fogarty could play down back or midfield once he builds his tank and ehimmelberg is the possible successor to jenkins.

If we end up with rankine, hhimmelberg and a decent ruck this trade period i will be very happy.

lol wtf?

750k per year. We could easily afford that if we made some hard decisions on players such as douglas, mackay , kelly, hartigan, jacobs for once in our existence. Unlikely gws will give him up as i feel he is close to their best player.

Not even that. We pay McGovern 600kpy so would only need to find 150k. A very easy thing to do.

To answer your question we play our best team and dont find spots for players solely based on games played or contract size. Easy. I would love our forwars line to be:
Rankine Jenkins Knight
Betts HHimmelberg Gallucci

Would be close to the best forward line in the league imo.

Depth: lynch, walker, fogarty, ehimmelberg.
Feel fogarty could play down back or midfield once he builds his tank and ehimmelberg is the possible successor to jenkins.

If we end up with rankine, hhimmelberg and a decent ruck this trade period i will be very happy.

I read posts like this, and I think it's time for me to maybe go have a BigFooty time-out.

I would have traded Lynch

I think he’s a good player but not a big game player , doesn’t win enough contests

Would prefer someone who has speed and can pressure instead
I don’t think we will be much good if we try to be crappy Richmond.

We need to be Adelaide of 2017 except without the bit where we got smashed by 40+ in the contested possession in the GF

Lynch is a strength and I am delighted we still have him. I think he is fine in big games. Certainly no worse than Tex or anyone else.

If Gov is replaced by a decent pressure player then we have 3, say Betts / Knight / Murphy. That is close to the Hawks setup in their flags of Rioli / Puopolo / Breust. Good enough. Especially if we draft someone who can contribute there straight away like WC’s draftees have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously how dumb as f**k are they at Alberton, in what world is "Whats, Slops and Rocks" >>>> Polec and Wingard.

Had they not foolishly recruited the trio, they could still hold onto Polec and Wingard.
Recruit Motlop and Rockliff, miss finals, trade Wingard, lose Polec, recruit Lycett, their recruiting strategies are all over the shop.

I don’t think we have any intention of trading Gov. Just make it look like we tried but couldn’t get a deal done.

Pull up your socks son, we’re going around again.

Help us win a premiership and you can go wherever you want, Mitch. Or fall in love with the club again and help us win more.

kthxbye

I actually agree somewhat with Ports stance on Wingard, he's not playing like a million dollar player ATM, so accept less if you want to stay, pull your socks up and prove you're worth it, or go find someone else to give it to you.

He's still riding on his reputation from 2015 and hasn't gotten near that form since.

I actually agree somewhat with Ports stance on Wingard, he's not playing like a million dollar player ATM, so accept less if you want to stay, pull your socks up and prove you're worth it, or go find someone else to give it to you.

He's still riding on his reputation from 2015 and hasn't gotten near that form since.

I'm actually dumbfounded by it. In a season that they have been shown up for lack of pace and kicking efficiency, they are looking to transfer out their two best players in this regard. Have no idea why they are going in balls deep to get Lycett when you can trade in an efficient ruck at a 1/4 of the price and keep Polec.

As for Whingard, if the coaches can't get him playing...it should be the coach getting moved on. They are getting as bad as us for keeping hold of s**t coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back