Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I read posts like this, and I think it's time for me to maybe go have a BigFooty time-out.
Is is possible we could have a looney "crows crackpots" sub-board, where some posters can play & leave the adult discussion on this board...

I reckon he might be right, if you saw roughy before the game the other night, looked like he was soaking the hawks fans up for the last time.
Nah, he'll play one more year ...was quite good & I think both parties know one more year, is about right

Yep Lobbe is a dangerous forward and good 2nd ruck

Patton is interesting one
Sad for Patton to go through so many recos, seemingly get back to normalcy, then suffer another one.

He is 25 now and will be heading for Andy Otten treacle territory without the footy smarts.

I thought the GWS forward line looked a lot better after Patton went down. Sorry Jono!

If he goes anywhere it’s in a salary dump as he has 2 years I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do I believe this ? ......well, no more than any other Media Report currently spamming the Internet

AFL Trade Whispers
THE CHAD HEADING TOWARDS VICTORIAN MOVE

PORT Adelaide star Chad Wingard is looking “almost certain” to move to a Victorian club in the trade period, reports The Australian.

And, according to AFL Media, the Western Bulldogs are leading the race and using ex-Port utility turned Bulldog Jackson Trengove to help lure Wingard to the Kennel.

A larger-than-expected contract request of between $4 million and $5 million over five years appears to have taken Port Adelaide out of the running to keep the mid-forward.

Do I believe this ? ......well, no more than any other Media Report currently spamming the Internet

AFL Trade Whispers
I’d that from AFL.com?
Who are then using themselves as their source for who is leading the race?

Also I don’t understand why the large price in wingards head is seen as pricing port out. You know, the club who already has a contract with him so aren’t in a bidding war.

Obviously it is a factor next year, but wasn’t the price quoted based on what it’s take for him to agree to a move, not a random to port going forward?

I think wingard wants to stay but will move for a once in a lifetime offer.

I also think he is gone as a free agent as that’s when the offer he wants at the club he wants will come.

Is is possible we could have a looney "crows crackpots" sub-board, where some posters can play & leave the adult discussion on this board...
I'm happy to give crackpots this entire board, if we could have one thread ...

The info re wingard is that he rates himself much higher than port do. The exit meetings were harsh and a few home truths were directed towards him and a few more senior players. This has led to both parties being at odds and his management looking at incoming offers from cashed up clubs, ahead of his free agency at the end of 2019. His price tag of a million dollars a season is way more than port are willing to pay. If he remains at alberton for another season and doesnt have a great year his price goes down somewhat. Dogs and Hawks the frontrunners.

The info re wingard is that he rates himself much higher than port do. The exit meetings were harsh and a few home truths were directed towards him and a few more senior players. This has led to both parties being at odds and his management looking at incoming offers from cashed up clubs, ahead of his free agency at the end of 2019. His price tag of a million dollars a season is way more than port are willing to pay. If he remains at alberton for another season and doesnt have a great year his price goes down somewhat. Dogs and Hawks the frontrunners.
Both Club & Player, playing a game of Chicken Rezzie?

Was he a crows supporter as a kid?

Should we have a crack? Him in our forward line would be dynamic

Was he a crows supporter as a kid?

Should we have a crack? Him in our forward line would be dynamic
wingards a good player, i dont think his body can handle the midfield position and i dont think he should be in the midfield anyway, his No 1 quality is getting himself in positions to score goals and being able to convert when he has to, which he does, In a good team as a purely offensive weapon he would be good if not great, in a team where the forward entries are average he will struggle, by the way his stats this year arent half bad and if he couldve got a good run without injury they would have been much better. Does he love himself, yes, but so do half of the AFL players even though they dont openly demonstrate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back