Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do a short term deal for Murphy if Sloane left us, but only if we traded Sloane. Also, if we didn’t lose Lynch as a FA. No way I would use up a compo pick on Murphy.

Lynch is considering moving back to Melbourne for family reasons.

I doubt he will move further away to Brisbane, unless he gets a deal which is just too good to refuse.
Maybe it is... who knows. Just like cameron, double pay day. Also feel the talk for murphy could be crazy, do we want another a-grader with troublesome foot injuries on the list whilst we contend within the window. I still vote yes, at his best hes a gun. Atleast we have Hass and burton to fix him up

77. Dean Gore

77%20Dean%20Gore.jpg

Height: 183cm

Weight: 83kg

DOB: 26 June 1996

VFL Matches: 11

Recruited From: Adelaide (AFL)

2018 Interchange Club: St. Mary’s (GFL)

Profile:

After spending two years in Adelaide, Dean Gore has returned to the team that drafted him to play with some old teammates whilst aiming to play at the highest level possible to pursue an AFL dream. Gore had a great start to the preseason but unfortunately the former Crow suffered a heartbreaking knee injury that will likely see him miss the entire 2018 season.
Not sure what point you’re trying to make?

Sad that he’s done his knee but doesn’t change the fact that he was a terrible signing by us.

Not sure what point you’re trying to make?

Sad that he’s done his knee but doesn’t change the fact that he was a terrible signing by us.
In hindsight it certainly was but Gore was coming off a very promising first VFL season whereas we'd seen plenty of Horlin-Smith and were by that time aware there wasn't a lot of upside to be had is all.

Come to SA

Get away from the Melbourne spot light

Be part of our elite development

Have a crack with Gibbs, Betts, Jacobs and some non ex-Blues as well

Seriously it’s not such a difficult sell.

If he wants guaranteed finals the next 3 years, it fits in nicely with our list profile before Betts and Jacobs and the like drop off.
Do a hamstring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come to SA

Get away from the Melbourne spot light

Be part of our elite development

Have a crack with Gibbs, Betts, Jacobs and some non ex-Blues as well

Seriously it’s not such a difficult sell.

If he wants guaranteed finals the next 3 years, it fits in nicely with our list profile before Betts and Jacobs and the like drop off.

If sloane goes, its not like for like, but it would be another decent engine room replacement and they don't grow on trees, it shouldn't be too killer cost wise, leaving a bit of sloane trade to got to the the draft with.

Interesting, didn’t know that. Still, very rare for a Captain to defect. I wouldn’t say no though.

he probably wouldn't leave unless carlton are ok with it, and even then he might be interested in moving states. If carlton think it would help them get a priority pick, then they might think it's worth it.

Big question marks over his body I’d think. I’m amazed there’s no talk about Horlin Smith. He’d add midfield depth and seems to be able to be used as a utility player also.

Would be a good pick up for bottom 8 side, but would struggle to get a game for us unless significant injuries. Is a bit like Marty Wright, at the right club could make a decent career out of himself. At present, is more than happy being a depth player at Geelong.

he probably wouldn't leave unless carlton are ok with it, and even then he might be interested in moving states. If carlton think it would help them get a priority pick, then they might think it's worth it.
Also may be better for Carlton fans for him not to go to one of their rivals like Collingwood or Richmond

Though I’m sure they’re sick of their players coming to Adelaide too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back