Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a (small) bit of a hit in value, in order for the new club to take over his existing contract.

Plus his age.
Yeah but that goes back to the original statement. Who will they get to play full forward for them at less then $550K/year? For an expansion club that deal is pennies!

Age is always a factor, but i suppose it comes back to whose buying. GC don't really have many guys in that age bracket, and certainly not many guys from successful systems. So that might not really bother them too much!

Ur right about 3 inside mids but i dont believe cutting 6 average players willl make a difference. Dear wont play ever, Mackay will leave. If there r players who r no good and no real chance of playing, xut and move on.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

We do need depth and really the game is finding one or two options which could break into our side in 2020.

We're not in a massive rush with a full cleanout just yet. Drafting a whole bunch of 2nd and 3rd round players isn't that likely to do much for the next two years either.

Seeya Atkins! I'll pack your bags for you.

8 and Atkins for 5 would be good, but realistically probably a 2019 second

Mackay is a potential out at the end of the season, Gibson is another year older and Seedsman has a long injury history (touch wood he can stay fit).

I wouldn't be blindly throwing Atkins to the curb so quickly just yet. Still a very good offensive winger don't forget..

Valente is a good player I think pick 19 is a touch high especially for our midfield needs

We have Matt Crouch and Greenwood who both lack speed , Valente adds to that issue

I like him and would take him. I like him and would take him but not with pick 19
What about Jye Caldwell if he is available at 19? He sounds like a pretty well rounded mid and pretty good value there. What are your thoughts as I am sure that you know more about him than I do?

He’s a hard guy to get a value on. He was putrid this year, but will probably play well to close out the season now!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we give away Atkins for a 2019 2nd rounder ??!!

If they want Atkins - he's gettable , but only if it suits us

Many clubs would love to get an offensive outside player like him so make them earn it or we keep him . Simple

Many clubs would love to get an offensive outside player like him so make them earn it or we keep him . Simple

Well his value is a second rounder or so. WB don't have a second rounder in 2018 so fair value would be their 2019 second.

That said if he wants to go, I'd rather try upgrade our first this year

Only give up Rat if it helps gets Rankine or Lukosius.

Well his value is a second rounder or so. WB don't have a second rounder in 2018 so fair value would be their 2019 second.

That said if he wants to go, I'd rather try upgrade our first this year
Much prefer Atkins than a 2019 2nd rounder especially if we are trying to win the thing next year . We need comp for spots and if he improves he will add something

And as he's contracted they are going to need to offer up something overs just like Brisbane did for Cameron

I think we learnt something from SOS and the Carlton boys over the Gibbs thing

I have heard a couple of times now that Jake Kelly is open to a trade back to Vic at the end of the year.
Can't understand this one as he gets his opportunities with us and in a fairly competitive side that we've been

At another club and in another system he's no certainty to get a game . Not sure why he'd mess with that

Good for us though if someone wants him

Ahh Atkins ' Atkins is s**t but I want round 1 or gtfo'

I am a fan of the Atkins that played against Geelong. If he keeps playing like that I may be persuaded that he might be ok. If he does want to go then get what we can and thanks for your service.

But lets not rate him any better than a 2nd rounder. He may be the steak knives for a bigger deal but he is not the main deal

Ahh Atkins ' Atkins is s**t but I want round 1 or gtfo'

I am a fan of the Atkins that played against Geelong. If he keeps playing like that I may be persuaded that he might be ok. If he does want to go then get what we can and thanks for your service.

But lets not rate him any better than a 2nd rounder. He may be the steak knives for a bigger deal but he is not the main deal

The issue with Atkins is the deterrence between his best and worst is massive. At his best, he’s a damaging, goal kicking outside mid averaging >20 touches a game. Trouble is he goes through periods where he becomes invisible and a defensive liability. He’s also a left footer which is valuable in such a role.

If an advantageous deal came up for Atkins, I’d take it, but I’d be very happy to keep him on. I think he’s one of those players you need to drop every now and then to keep on his toes.

It’s a similar situation to what we had with Bernie Vince. The talent’s all there, it’s just getting him to make the most of it and not coast along/go missing in tough games.

Yeah but that goes back to the original statement. Who will they get to play full forward for them at less then $550K/year? For an expansion club that deal is pennies!

Age is always a factor, but i suppose it comes back to whose buying. GC don't really have many guys in that age bracket, and certainly not many guys from successful systems. So that might not really bother them too much!
GC may well be interested in a veteran guy or two who can shoulder the load for tough stuff and act as a great role model for their young developing players.

That’s why they will have absolutely zero interest in JJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back