Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Your playing football manager. He has been best 22. Your guessing whether Cheney will be ahead of him. Cheney had played a couple of games in 2 years. Your guessing that our structure would allow us to drop both Kelly and Cheney and play Smith and Milera in their place. That’s what I would like to see, but I am not going to go around calling other people jokers for disagreeing that this will work for us.
He's not best 22.

He's only been in our side because of injury.

It's really not a hard concept. ;)

It's smart practice to trade fringe types whose value has peaked & you don't think will be part of your best 22 going forward.

You appear to be happy to keep everyone, even if they may hold back our side.

Kelly doesn't have enough offensive weapons.

Atkins goes missing when they heat is on.

I prefer we look to other options.

Not happy to keep anyone. And I have said clearly that I would trade both Atkins and Kelly. Just not for a stand alone late 2nd or a 3rd round pick that I think they would get us. That would just be adding kids for 3-4 years time at the expense of necessary depth next year.

He's not best 22.

He's only been in our side because of injury.

It's really not a hard concept. ;)

Kelly kept out all comers last year. You are kidding yourself if you can’t see that. Doedee didn’t get a look in and neither did Cheney when he was fit. His form has dropped off this year otherwise he would be a lock still.

Kelly kept out all comers last year. You are kidding yourself if you can’t see that. Doedee didn’t get a look in and neither did Cheney when he was fit. His form has dropped off this year otherwise he would be a lock still.

He is equally playing a position where he is very easily replaced, one where a sudden drop of form can see you go from a solid best 22 to facing near certain delisting.

Kelly is well on the way of that drop currently.

Ok, name me our best 22 without any injuries.

Not happy to keep anyone. And I have said clearly that I would trade both Atkins and Kelly. Just not for a stand alone late 2nd or a 3rd round pick that I think they would get us. That would just be adding kids for 3-4 years time at the expense of necessary depth next year.
If we got a 2nd or 3rd round for Kelly, it's party time.

Atkins is worth more & I would only trade if we can get reasonable value.

He’s also peaked which I think is what Kane originally said.

I reckon the Magpies will take Kelly's brother (Will Kelly) TOP 20 Prospect.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...h/news-story/9f57a85f806abc9fa4cca74dcb2f394b

Don't be suprised if this sparks the Magpies to also make a play for Jake Kelly.

Bearing in mind that they will end up with 2 very strong value selections in I.Quaynor (Next Gen) & W.Kelly (F/S), adding a ready made best 22 player like J.Kelly might result in an overall strong draft/trade period.

Just not sure what his trade value would actually be? Maybe a late 2nd/early 3rd pick? Or a fringe (SA) player and late pick / Crows favourable pick swap?

Players on Magpies list from SA:
- Brodie Grundy (Will never happen, sadly)
- James Aish (Can't see it, think he just re-signed & they seem to like him - Although doesn't seem to play alot of games)
- Tim Broomhead (perhaps, but spends more time on the injury list than Brad Crouch)
- Matt Scharenburg (Can't see it either, again like Aish has re-signed & they really like him)
- Travis Varcoe (nope)
- Levi Greenwood (nope)

Really Aish is the only realistic SA kid that's a chance.

Yep. Who at Essendon would be wanted by Collingwood?

Other way right? Pies have Sam Murray as a similar size defender. Also have Appelby. Both under 21. Doubt they would be looking at Kelly.

Think a straight swap for Francis would be the only way.

Can't understand this one as he gets his opportunities with us and in a fairly competitive side that we've been

At another club and in another system he's no certainty to get a game . Not sure why he'd mess with that

Good for us though if someone wants him
Isn’t his brother going to go father/son to Collingwood this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...h/news-story/9f57a85f806abc9fa4cca74dcb2f394b

Don't be suprised if this sparks the Magpies to also make a play for Jake Kelly.

Bearing in mind that they will end up with 2 very strong value selections in I.Quaynor (Next Gen) & W.Kelly (F/S), adding a ready made best 22 player like J.Kelly might result in an overall strong draft/trade period.

Just not sure what his trade value would actually be? Maybe a late 2nd/early 3rd pick? Or a fringe (SA) player and late pick / Crows favourable pick swap?

- James Aish (Can't see it, think he just re-signed & they seem to like him - Although doesn't seem to play alot of games)
- Tim Broomhead (perhaps, but spends more time on the injury list than Brad Crouch)
- Matt Scharenburg (Can't see it either, again like Aish has re-signed & they really like him)
- Travis Varcoe (nope)
- Levi Greenwood (nope)

They'll more than likely be upgrading last year's rookie draftee medium defender Flynn Appleby off the Rookie list after he's already played 9 solid games this season. Kelly would be excess to their needs with Quaynor coming in as well so I think it's wishful thinking to believe they'd have any interest at all.

Lots of talk on GC taking the brothers for those reasons but is 2/3 reaching?

Esp with live trading is there a chance GC look to get their men plus strengthen position?

If they know a club will use pick 2/3 on another player do they trade down in order to move up elsewhere?
JGov apparently only going to victoria if he leaves WA. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays in WA though.

Your trading away players that are best 22, for speculative 18 year olds. We don’t need to be doing that. If we had to do it, then ok. But it would be silly to trade out these players just to add a few speculative players to our list.

Irrespective of whether he's best 22, if we can get a worthwhile deal for him then I'd do it for sure. His role is an easy one to fill.
Our recruiting & player development is elite, and we should look to cash in on it as much as possible. Buy low, add value, sell high. Repeat.

JGov apparently only going to victoria if he leaves WA. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays in WA though.
According to Vic media, all players only want to go to Vic clubs

Could see Lynch (GC) going to Sydney, JMcG and MMcG going to Freo, and West Coast getting Cripps

- Travis Varcoe (nope)
- Levi Greenwood (nope)

Aish has no interest in moving back to Adelaide. The entire reason he wanted to go to a Melbourne club was because he wanted the attention that comes with being a footy player in a big city.

According to Vic media, all players only want to go to Vic clubs

Could see Lynch (GC) going to Sydney, JMcG and MMcG going to Freo, and West Coast getting Cripps
It was like when they were speculating Polec would leave recently and used "Which Victorian clubs are in the running for Polec?" as the headline.

Sloane is only going to Victoria too.

1OohjDP.png

Last edited:
Rumour that Atkins and one of Walker's mates had an argument up in Vegas on an end of season footy trip. However apparently Walker wasn't even in Vegas (who he claims as being there also) so you'd think its complete bogus.
It's kind of easy to Instagram stalk these type of things. Atkins was in Vegas with the Crouches, Wigg, Cheney, Seeds and Laird in early November last year around the same time Tex was in Australia for Bernie's wedding and posting from Broken Hill.

Doesnt disprove that Atkins didn't have an argument with a mate of Walker, but Tex wasn't there from the looks of things.

Aish has no interest in moving back to Adelaide. The entire reason he wanted to go to a Melbourne club was because he wanted the attention that comes with being a footy player in a big city.
So the opposite of Polec

g
If you can say that, then with the same certainty I can say that Carlton will not trade down in a way that they can also get Walsh.

Do VFL players get that much attention though?

g

Do VFL players get that much attention though?
They do if they let their girlfriend get drenched by the rain, whilst you are dry under your umbrella...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back