List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if we're assuming that Dougal is worth 12, which while I don't disagree with it I doubt the wider AFL world would feel the same way, there's no way an uncontracted Paddy Ryder and Sam Gray are worth upgrading 29 to a first rounder.

I like the effort Janus and it's pretty even

There is 12 players I rate above the rest in the draft, and having those picks would give us a chance at 2.
Do I trust port with those 2?
No I'd rather just keep our current first and keep Howard (or just 18)

I can’t see Geelong or Essendon doing nothing with the picks and cap space they receive for Kelly and Daniher.

I’m hoping we get a last minute godfather offer for Wines.

the media is saying picks 5 + 9 isn’t enough for Daniher

im gobsmacked

he hasn’t been on the park in 2 years, dreaded op, and is a free agent next year and is adamant he’s gone

if he was a port player the media would be screaming he’s worth nothing for the reasons I’ve listed above

as rare as kpp are, if you can get good picks for a guy whose career is hanging by a thread and is going to leave in free agency ******* do it.

if there was an independent review into the football media’s pushing of certain players worth people would be sacked. It’s shocking.

the media is saying picks 5 + 9 isn’t enough for Daniher

im gobsmacked

he hasn’t been on the park in 2 years, dreaded op, and is a free agent next year and is adamant he’s gone

if he was a port player the media would be screaming he’s worth nothing for the reasons I’ve listed above

as rare as kpp are, if you can get good picks for a guy whose career is hanging by a thread and is going to leave in free agency ******* do it.

if there was an independent review into the football media’s pushing of certain players worth people would be sacked. It’s shocking.

5 by itself is absolutely enough for Daniher

I would be a bit nervous about pick 18 in this draft. Cal Twomey rates Jackson Mead at 18 in his top 30. Not everyone agrees but it only takes one club to force our hand early.

Saving all those for Ben King.
Still disagree on that. Howard removes need for King (or at least makes his acquisition far more a luxury than a need), and even if Ben wants Melbourne the assumption that he wants St Kilda is unwise. Classic example is Chris Judd grew up a Dees fan but chose Carlton ahead of them.

Still disagree on that. Howard removes need for King, and even if Ben wants Melbourne the assumption that he wants St Kilda is unwise.

Who knows what Ben or Saints want to do but I can see Saints making a big play.

Who knows what Ben or Saints want to do but I can see Saints making a big play.
I’m sure theyd like to but they can either absolutely get Howard or they can miss out and might maybe get King if Ben doesn’t like GC and Collingwood/Hawthorn/Richmond/bigger Vic clubs don’t make him an GC a better offer. Carlton on the rise might even tempt, and they have the brown paper bags ready

You tell me which is the smarter move for them.

Saving all those for Ben King.

All our 2020 picks will go on NGA/FS players.

Nah

Schofield is a small bodied under 180cm inside mid who missed most of this year with injury. He’s got a way to go to prove he’s worth more than a second round pick at the moment. Heaps of 2020 kids gone way past him right now. Hopefully Schofield develops a strong running game or grows 5cms and 40kgs.
I haven’t seen enough of Jones to really judge him but he’s not really fancied that highly and when have small tough defenders ever gone high in the draft.
They’re both 20-40 prospects until they show more.

I’m excited we have the possibility to take them and hope they become good but wouldnt bank on them being early picks yet

I would be a bit nervous about pick 18 in this draft. Cal Twomey rates Jackson Mead at 18 in his top 30. Not everyone agrees but it only takes one club to force our hand early.
would pass at that bid. Taking the piss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the point is that we have a below average tall forward line who are coached to a below average standard and probably have below average communication with our midfield. This was proved beyond doubt by the fact that we were last by a country mile in terms of the number of goals kicked by key position forwards this season.

So does recruiting an average tall forward make our list better? Absolutely. Statistically he is an above average tall forward anyway - people just get pi**ed off that he is built like tarzan and gets his goals like jane. He has averaged above 2 goals a game every season since 2014. I'd take that in a heartbeat. Additionally he is a handy backup ruck. He is the true forward who can ruck we have been looking for instead of trying to turn predominant rucks into predominant forwards.

If his body is sound and he is available we should absolutely take him on for a couple of years until we can build Marshall up to be something other than a decent third tall and hopefully source another decent tall whether by trade or draft.

However I feel your pain, and this i the conundrum, if we place in the eight next season it is a loss for the club and the fans, because Hinkley is absolutely not the coach to take us to a premiership IMO. It feels like any success we have had has been in spite of him, not because of him.
My feeling is that Jenkins' form is on the decline plus he's on the wrong side of 30 next year. I think his best years with the Crows were in seasons where the Crows played well. He struggled this year just like the Crows did. I can't see him maintaining his 2 goals per game average playing for Port, especially given the way we move the ball into our forward 50.

We would all luv to recruit a good to elite tall forward but that's not going to happen in this trade period.

I can't see us making the 8 next year. The way things are looking we won't be bringing any players of note into the team during trade period. So it'll be the same squad with a bunch of kids that won't be as good as Rozee, Duursma and Butters. That should be enough to see Ken sacked next season but who knows with this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back