List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol were not seriously entertaining the idea of Buddy Franklin coming to lil ol Port Adelaide are we

No of course not. Just a fun rumour.

A forward line of Dixon, Franklin and Marshall with Ryder/Lycett would be interesting. Marshall and Dixon able to push up the wings and apply some defensive pressure.Some good crumbers at their feet. Beautiful!

Plus Franklin would see another 10K members sign up

Bringing franklin to port would be just as bad as bringing carey to the crows. Somethings just dont work. If the hierarchy at port thought that it would be a good idea to do so would utterly destroy the absolute nothing i have in this club already.

Bob Murphy asks a what if question on his regular spot with Whateley the other day for a bit of fun to see if we would ever go the NBA route of chasing championships like Lebron, and then this bullshit appears as if its real.

For those who didn't read it in the salary cap thread, Jake Niall in today's Age has picked up on Bob Murphy's Buddy trade hypothetical. He looks at if Sydney could trade Buddy but still pay some of his salary as a way of cap relief. He said it can happen ie its allowable, but can't see it happening. Buddy will be paid $1.4m in 2020, $1.5m in 2021 and $1m in 2022.

Why Buddy Franklin is almost untradeable
.... Buddy will almost certainly be the highest paid player in the competition over 2020 and 2021, and his output is - quite reasonably and predictably - on the downswing. He has already defied the life cycle of normal footballers to be among the top handful of players in the game last year and remains Sydney's most dangerous player. Yes, the Swans could theoretically pay a share of the contract, saving themselves several hundred grand or even a million per season. But why would they do that? They've committed to Buddy and he to them and there's never been the slightest hint that either party was unhappy with the arrangement. Sydney isn't the kind of club that would fork out, say, a million dollars over three years to pay for Franklin to play for a competitor, because that's the kind of number that would be necessary for him to end up at a decent club. And I can’t see Franklin agreeing to a gigantic pay cut, either.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/why-buddy-franklin-is-almost-untradeable-20190417-p51f3r.html

**** it, do it. Get him. Who cares. Westhoff is only three months older than him. Pair him with Dixon in the forward line and suddenly you can play Marshall and a resting ruck because defenders will be trying to double team Dixon and Franklin, leaving four forwards (Marshall, the resting ruck and the small forwards who crumb) with two defenders.

The reason why we'd be looking at it is because this year is the last year of Lobbe's contract - that we are still paying the majority of.

Make Sydney pay half his contract though, and all of it if he retires. And I'd only give them the equivalent of a third round pick.
4 tall forwards? Stupid won't even play 2.

We need class and pace through the middle.. I'd be chasing coniglio very hard and doing whatever it takes to get him here... The only players I wouldn't trade out for him is Marshall, and the current first year players.
s**t I'd trade both Co captains to get him..

Williams has a lot of attitude problems and doesn’t take football serious enough to actually become the player he should be, I wouldn’t be going anywhere near him

One upon a time Dusty had attitude problems.

We need class and pace through the middle.. I'd be chasing coniglio very hard and doing whatever it takes to get him here... The only players I wouldn't trade out for him is Marshall, and the current first year players.
s**t I'd trade both Co captains to get him..

Good thing he’s a free agent and we don’t have to trade anyone out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bringing franklin to port would be just as bad as bringing carey to the crows. Somethings just dont work. If the hierarchy at port thought that it would be a good idea to do so would utterly destroy the absolute nothing i have in this club already.
Besides Hinkley would say he's not ready yet and when he finally gets selected it will be at full back.

Was super keen on wilkie pre draft but saints jumped in before us. Has started really well but just signed a 2yr extension so i would be keen on cox and i see rose has been mentioned did he play for the maggies?

I don’t think Sydney will pay 2/3rds of his salary for him to play for another club.

I’ve heard we’re paying all of Lobbe’s salary this year (last year of his contract).

It wouldn’t be 2/3rds - half is fine. It would be like the Oakland As/New York Yankees deal with David Justice.

Sydney needs the cap space and needs to start rebuilding. Lance would enjoy playing in a forward line with Dixon, Ryder/Lycett and Marshall. Plus Todd could learn from one of the greatest forwards of all time.

I don’t want the player he used to be, I want the player he is now. And that’s worth $500k a year.

I’ve heard we’re paying all of Lobbe’s salary this year (last year of his contract).

It wouldn’t be 2/3rds - half is fine. It would be like the Oakland As/New York Yankees deal with David Justice.

Sydney needs the cap space and needs to start rebuilding. Lance would enjoy playing in a forward line with Dixon, Ryder/Lycett and Marshall. Plus Todd could learn from one of the greatest forwards of all time.

I don’t want the player he used to be, I want the player he is now. And that’s worth $500k a year.

500K a year is a lot less then half, getting almost 4Mil over the next 3 years.

500K a year is a lot less then half, getting almost 4Mil over the next 3 years.

Then make it $750k a year. Whatever half is.

It’d be worth it just in free to air coverage.

Would be nice but I think little old Adelaide is somewhere Franklin would not come too.

Buddy is shot. Absolutely not.

He’s shot playing in Sydney’s system, where he’s the number one forward.

Pair him with Dixon and suddenly he’s back to single coverage.

It’s like my Cowboys getting Quinn as a RDE to pair with Lawrence on the left edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back