List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it promising that even after tonight's embarrassing effort from the faux captain, a North supporter still actually thinks he's worth something at the trade table. Maybe our anonymity helps us in this regard.
We the feel the same regarding Wood, looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane.

Last edited:

Wines is also on very good coin, Port would be inclined to move him on and get his salary off their books. Port are about to commence on a mini-rebuilend and they want the financial/trade currency for players like Hately, Parfitt, Hayward, Lukocious etc (who would be keen to return and play with his friend Rozee).
Interesting.. *from carlton board*

They would know as much as my little old lady next door who has never seen a game in her life.

It's who posted it, not where it was posted that actually matters.

Trouble is all those names are cool but we need more Mitch Robinson types and less private school types who haven't any real hunger for an actual contest.

We have a very, very soft underbelly and all the skills in the world will never hide that when it gets tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yay another rebuild... what's the bet that the club dont say a thing about rebuilding?
Rebranding and re-tooling will be used next year a lot
Good luck selling trading a contracted Wingard and Wines in back to back seasons as a positive. Especially on the back of making Wines captain.

Not that long ago they were the future of our club, the two that would lead us to our next flag..... next minute trade them out.

Yay another rebuild... what's the bet that the club dont say a thing about rebuilding?

Wouldn’t want them to. Rebuilds give you an excuse to lose. Port sides never have that excuse.

But seriously if we are rebuilding only two years after going ‘all in’ by getting rocky, Watts and Motlop only to have two of those three not be in our best 22 but still on the list whilst we trade away mid aged players like Wingard, Polec, Pittard and ?Wines, then someone has got our list really wrong.

Last edited:
Our mids made certain Brown was unstoppable.
Our defense had absolutely no hope.
That debacle was on our midfield.
6/6/6 and straight out of the middle with no pressure.
I was right behind the goals and thought our defence did a good job for the most part. It’s just impossible to defend when Ben Brown only needs a half a metre and gets the perfect kick every time. Howard wouldn’t have done anything.

The problem was getting out bodied, out run, and out manoeuvred all over the ground.

I was right behind the goals and thought our defence did a good job for the most part. It’s just impossible to defend when Ben Brown only needs a half a metre and gets the perfect kick every time. Howard wouldn’t have done anything.

The problem was getting out bodied, out run, and out manoeuvred all over the ground.

Lack of pressure once you have the ball clear of a stoppage and a extra second to make a decision and find a player. You pick the player in the best position and everyone looks stupid.

Rockliff, Wines, Powell-Pepper, Boak, Atley, Drew and Ebert - plenty of big bodied, talented and strong mids to win the ball. If they can’t get it done, we’ve either chosen badly or we can’t coach them.

Houston, Butters, Rozee, Gray, Duursma, Motlop and Amon, we are light on here but still enough skilful mids to get the job done.

Dixon, Marshall, Ladhams, Hayes, Ryder, Howard and Lycett - we have enough rucks and forwards to get it done.

The list is solid. The issues lie elsewhere.

Last edited:
trade Jonas, send Howard back seems a pretty obvious option

I can't see it happening but a desperate to keep competing club like hawthorn or Sydney would jump at the chance to take Jonas off our hands for a draft pick that would make it worthwhile to us.

Rockliff, Wines, Powell-Pepper, Boak, Atley, Drew and Ebert - plenty of big bodied, talented and strong mids to win the ball. If they can’t get it done, we’ve either chosen badly or we can’t coach them.

Houston, Butters, Rozee, Gray, Duursma, Motlop and Amon, we are light on here but still enough skilful mids to get the job done.

Dixon, Marshall, Ladhams, Hayes, Ryder, Howard and Lycett - we have enough rucks and forwards to get it done.

The list is solid. The issues lie elsewhere.

A couple of issues I have here.

Firstly our so-called inside "bulls" are not dynamic enough around stoppage. Ollie has been a plodder for the past twelve months. He doesn't accelerate at all from traffic and doesn't use his frame anywhere near as effectively as Cunnington or Ziebell to shrug off tackles and free his hands to outside runners.

Powell-Pepper is more dynamic, but he fails to take the right option the first time. He is not a very smart footballer, doesn't work hard enough offensively to get enough of the ball or defensively to cover an opponent who is playing well. His kicking especially is a liability.

Rockliff has a line through his name as far as I'm concerned. Last year we excused him because of injury and match fitness. This year, he has been fit and had a reasonable preseason. He's played 3-5 very good games, but the rest has been garbage. Over the last month, his stoppage work has been woeful. His efforts at stoppage in the third quarter against GWS basically cost us 2-3 consecutive goals. Against the Kangaroos he got an absolute bath by Cunnington and showed no capacity to work himself back into the game. His lack of pace is frighteningly bad.

Atley has gone nowhere. I'm so disappointed in his lack of progress. He showed great signs in year 1, lost year 2 because of injury, but has been very vanilla this year. I watched closely for him in yesterday's monsoonal conditions, and he did not thrive as much as I expected. Again, I suspect it's about workrate.

Drew has potential, but once again lacks the explosive and dynamic elements to his game that we badly need in the midfield.

Shuey, Yeo, Neale, Adams are the types of midfielders that we are missing. High possession players, who are strong on the inside and can break away from stoppage with energy and speed, while also breaking lines and carrying the ball on the outside. Who in our 25 and under group is capable of becoming like one of these guys?

Houston can become a Pendelbury type of midfielder. Maybe not as good, but a polished, silky player who creates space and time with his footy smarts and ball use.

Rozee clearly needs to develop into a bona fide mid. Perhaps he can be that combination inside-outside, energetic, high possession player. We need two of him though.

Butters - jury is out for me. I think he'll make it but most likely as a high half forward.

I have most faith in Duursma, and am confident that between Amon and Pudney, we'll have at least one other good longterm wingman on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back