List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, SPP will go with Boak and Rockcliff retiring over next 2 years (I wish it were now for Rockcliff)

Wines will continue to be a slow hunk of mass with no skills...

Atley won’t get a game, delisted end of 2020

And so that leaves us with one half-decent inside mid called William Drew

Nicely done Kenny & Co! Now when there’s a hole in the list of inside mids we have an excuse as to why we underperform

Cool, SPP will go with Boak and Rockcliff retiring over next 2 years (I wish it were now for Rockcliff)

Wines will continue to be a slow hunk of mass with no skills...

Atley won’t get a game, delisted end of 2020

And so that leaves us with one half-decent inside mid called William Drew

Nicely done Kenny & Co! Now when there’s a hole in the list of inside mids we have an excuse as to why we underperform

It's almost like this clown purposely designs ways to have excuses in the short and long term.

I find it rather bizarre that if what some on here are saying is true - SPP has behavioural issues, then why would Boak not only welcome him in to his house but also as a part of his family.

Just doesn't make sense and to me seems like we are looking to do a Wingard to SPP. Sure, there may be some issues but they are nowhere near as bad as the Club wants us to believe.

You get 40+ young males together and most Clubs will be dealing with issues of some sort or another. That's happened since footy began, nothing new.

Show me a Club without a few loose cannons, a Club made up almost exclusively of well respected nice lads and I'll show you a Club that won't have the necessary 'edge' required to mix it with the best when it truly matters most.

I'd love to know exactly what SPP has done.

Honestly...I'm not that concerned about SPP going. I just hope we can secure a fair pick for him. Rocky, Boak, R.Gray, Drew and Wines aren't going anywhere. Rozee will also gain midfield time in 2020.
If we can snag another highly skilled, pacy midfielder through the trade/draft...then we will be ok. Maybe I'm being too optimistic?

I'd love to know exactly what SPP has done.

Look, he hasn't done anything that is worth reporting, but the pattern of behaviour is the same.
In other words, his big wake up call, didn't wake him up.

Look, he hasn't done anything that is worth reporting, but the pattern of behaviour is the same.
In other words, his big wake up call, didn't wake him up.

Young guy gets on the turps and likes attention from the ladies. We have bigger issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPP comes from a challenging background, basically sounds like he had the early life of a guardianship kid. On top of that, the multiplier effect of Aboriginal families being so over-represented at the wrong end of all of the social/health determinants. And he is still a young man and they make poor decisions at that age simply due to brain development. You can't treat his social development in a vacuum.

Port likes to go on about social empowerment and community development. Let's not make this a case of do as I say not as I do.

SPP comes from a challenging background, basically sounds like he had the early life of a guardianship kid. On top of that, the multiplier effect of Aboriginal families being so over-represented at the wrong end of all of the social/health determinants. And he is still a young man and they make poor decisions at that age simply due to brain development. You can't treat his social development in a vacuum.

Port likes to go on about social empowerment and community development. Let's not make this a case of do as I say not as I do.

Great post

That's what I'm confused about - what has he done that's so wrong we want to move him on?

SPP will never be Judd like on a football field but he's a guy that would bust down walls for you if he believed that you believe in him. I'm told he's very confused about mixed messaging for Hinkley and isn't real sure he's wanted or valued.

Given Sam's background and life history that feeling would be your worst possible way of being.

Now if he's messed up bad then fair enough but if it's a learning and growing experience we need to ride with to see the best in him I'd be totally in the corner of as a Club we give him time to hopefully grow as a person and then maybe we can see the best of him both on and off the field on a consistent basis.

SPP brings an aggression and will that we really lack. We need to try and make keeping Sam a win/win.

Anyone watched Riley Thilthorpe from the Bloods? He looks an exciting prospect.
Be keen to know his height. Looks around 193cm.

Last height I saw listed was 197cm off the top of my head.
Was going to be Sa’s leading ruck at champs before he got injured. Is eligible for the 2020 draft so it’s exciting that he’s already playing kpp in league

Sam Gray is ranked 12th in my votes this year but I'd still trade him.

If you're >27 years old, not a clear top 10 player at your club and the team isn't in premiership contention - you're trade bait.

I really want to agree but it seems like the whole club admin is in shambles right now, they’re certainly under pressure (deservedly), and thats not an environment in which attention is paid to smaller problems.

I am not at all confident that current day PAFC is a place where a player in need of discipline and support will get both.

I suspect we'd put up with SPP's off field s**t/continue trying to reform his behaviour if he wasn't such a terrible footballer. He's a fat, unskilled potato and is simply not worth the trouble.

What a truly horrible thing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back