List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What would freo gain by trading Brennan cox? Hes not out of contract. He's a good fit for our list but i dont see how it would possibly happen.

They have Darcy, Hogan, Lobb, Taberner, McCarthy and Cox all on their list. I reckon you can play 4 of those guys maximum at any one time (ol' mate Ken would probably play 3 of them). And none of them are anywhere near retirement age either, Lobb is the oldest of them at 26. Something's gotta give.

That is quite a conundrum! Especially as lobb left gws because he doesn't like rucking. Also kpf's would earn more than equivalent kpd's. Go hard ports!

Hogan, Lobb, McCarthy are all WA boys who have requested a trade home so they won't be going anywhere. I reckon Darcy will stick around as he's the only #1 ruck of the group (Lobb and Taberner can play ruck but both prefer playing up forward). That leaves one of Taberner and Cox, and right now they seem to prefer Taberner in the side, but due to his age Cox probably has more trade value. I could definitely see it happening.

The Rubber Man

Club Legend
May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Forgot the 2 weeks he had off?

He has a terrible game before those 2 weeks off. Had 1 game in the SANFL and was average at best then got some form in his 2nd game. That paid off against the eagles.

Good job for helping him get his confidence/form back from the lower league.

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’d love to know more about said attitude problems?
Don't know if it's "attitude problems" in terms of being a dickhead, but there's a fair bit of talk around that he's not overly dedicated to being as professional as players need to be these days. Big risk for an early retirement due to cbf, too.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hogan, Lobb, McCarthy are all WA boys who have requested a trade home so they won't be going anywhere. I reckon Darcy will stick around as he's the only #1 ruck of the group (Lobb and Taberner can play ruck but both prefer playing up forward). That leaves one of Taberner and Cox, and right now they seem to prefer Taberner in the side, but due to his age Cox probably has more trade value. I could definitely see it happening.

I assumed it was just about getting a better contract at Freo but Cox moving actually makes sense. Hogan, Lobb and Mcarthy just moved home. Taberner signed a contract extension this year till the end of 2021. Freo's rucks are stuffed without darcy. Freo also have Dixon as a future kpf and sam sturt as a third tall forward. If Cox wants to play forward then it's come to port adelaide land.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Currency won’t have anything to do with lukos decisions

If he wanted to leave as long as we haven’t traded away our 1st rounders we are fine.
If he leaves and Adelaide offer GC much more and GC say 'fine, stay with us, go to the draft or go to Adelaide', do you really think he'd risk the draft to get to us instead of going to Adelaide?

I'm happy to go after him, but magic beans trading (which one mid 1st round pick as your main part of the deal is), won't get a deal done. It cost us 10 and a second to get Dixon, who was older, didn't ever have the same level of potential and had a long injury history. If I was GC's list manager I'd go and tell any club not offering a top 5 pick AND a starting 18 player or another top 5 pick to GAGF and risk him walking, if he won't go to a club offering that.

Last edited:
They have Darcy, Hogan, Lobb, Taberner, McCarthy and Cox all on their list. I reckon you can play 4 of those guys maximum at any one time (ol' mate Ken would probably play 3 of them). And none of them are anywhere near retirement age either, Lobb is the oldest of them at 26. Something's gotta give.

It's like Ross Lyon heard "We have no talls" over and over again until he snapped like Frank Grimes and went "HERE YOU GO FARKEN".

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If he leaves and Adelaide offer GC much more and GC say 'fine, stay with us, go to the draft or go to Adelaide', do you really think he'd risk the draft to get to us instead of going to Adelaide?

I'm happy to go after him, but magic beans trading (which one mid 1st round pick as your main part of the deal is), won't get a deal done. It cost us 10 and a second to get Dixon, who was older, didn't ever have the same level of potential and had a long injury history. If I was GC's list manager I'd go and tell any club not offering a top 5 pick AND a starting 18 player or another top 5 pick to GAGF and risk him walking, if he won't go to a club offering that.

Luko will get where he wants to go if he asked to leave

Gcs wouldn’t bail unless they were getting lowballed bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hopefully giving them hombsh for free helps also young oh yeah and old m8 stewy could to us a solid lol.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Yep

We have 4 4th rounders

There is no point drafting 4 kids in this years fourth round. It’s not strong enough

If we want to get any value out of those picks we need to make sure they are what we use to match any bid on mead

If mead is going to get bid on after our second, then that works out great.

If mead is going to attract a bid before our second rounder we absolutely must move it.

Trade it up. Trade it out for 2020 picks. Trade it for a young player. Trade it out and back in like Sydney. Do Something valuable with it.
I was looking at the D&T board the other day and I think DPS and Pie 4 life had Mead around pick 13-14. He might not end up quite that high but it would certainly mean we need to do something with that second round pick and probably before draft night.

There’s a good discount rate applied to future picks. Depending on how our year plays out from here that second round pick could net us something in the range of 15-25 next year. Could be super important in the race from Lukosius/Rankine.

jakey

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
We have the cash side covered, but at present Adelaide, by virtue of Carlton's pick, have more pick currency then us (if they don't chase him this year, they could still look to trade this years low first, for a likely low first from 2020 to use when his 2 years are up). And he's not going to last by threatening to walk into the draft.

So the fun bit. If we want to beat out the neighbours then getting GC a player that walks into their starting 18 (and is good!) needs to be included. Your player picked must:
1. Be 25 or under.
2. Be starting 18 every week (if not injured). No fringe players.
3. And most important be a player that has you going 'He's not on my list of tradeable players'.

Point 3 is the most important, because those are the only players that will have the necessary currency (along with a good pick), to start a real conversation. No, here's 5 4th round picks, an upgrade on a 2nd round, Cam Hewett and Frampton. All real trade suggestions can't include one side of the equation having more than one pick/player than the other side (e.g. no 5 picks / players out, 2 picks / players in).
I'd trade SPP for Luko.

Doesn’t it always? And isn’t that the point?

There was a time we laughed at stupid trade offers and were actually grounded in reality. So no not always and not really the point. It's about actual rumours and possible trades.

Bizarre that people are talking about getting Lukosius at the end of his first year at GC. Rates him pretty lowly as a person.

jakey

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Especially when jakey said .. ....I'd trade SPP for Luko. ... Laugh of the year so far :D:D:D
You need to get some funnier friends. We're in a dick pulling hypothetical trade thread. I'd be willing to include SPP as part of a deal for a stud KPP, as we're stocked for inside mids. What about that is funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back