List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I remember Cox not being particularly rated for some reason, how is he faring compared with Josh Battle and Todd Marshall now?
Looks like Battle has moved to half back for Saint Kilda.

Cox also hasn’t played so far this year, no wonder he wants to move back to SA.

I’m not terribly excited about this one, but if we can’t find another young forward to add to our list I would be pretty content with taking Cox as a half chance.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Tomlinson makes me a little nervous and a little excited. It will either be one where we’d look back 3 years on and say that was a ******* astute bit of work or we’d be looking forward saying how is this guy still contracted for another 2 years.

I think there’s enough evidence to say that he won’t play forward. He’s a wingman who can also play as a tallish back flank. We do need a wingman. He’s a low possession player but I think his hard running defensive style he could complement the opposite wing to Duursma nicely. From a list profile perspective adding a 25yr old 120 gamer fits the bill.

If it were a trade I’d say the asking price is probably too high and the risk would outweigh the reward. As a free agent, I can see the temptation.

rumoursofwinter

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Cox hasn't even been named as an emergency for freo and is in contract till the end of 2020. Sounds like a motivated seller.

Francis got dropped. Out of contract at the end of the year. Fitness issues?

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Cox hasn't even been named as an emergency for freo and is in contract till the end of 2020. Sounds like a motivated.
He’s half a game back from a 5 week hamstring. Prior to that he was their best performing forward in the preseason. There is nothing to say he won’t play every game when fully fit.

Schulzenfest

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
He’s half a game back from a 5 week hamstring. Prior to that he was their best performing forward in the preseason. There is nothing to say he won’t play every game when fully fit.
There are two things to say that and their names are Jesse Hogan and Rory Lobb. Games will be a lot harder to come by for a KPF at Freo this year.

Janus

Dominus Ex Machina
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls
Cox hasn't even been named as an emergency for freo and is in contract till the end of 2020. Sounds like a motivated seller.

I reckon Riley Bonner would suit Essendon's gamestyle perfectly. Swap him for Francis, who would suit ours perfectly. It'd be a win-win.

Andre

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Motivated seller maybe, but I doubt they'll be going Ports "Player available at a bargain basement! We've burnt bridges with him, so make us any shit offer and we'll act annoyed, but still supply the lube (unless you want to go in dry, that's fine too!)".

Fremantle aren't Groom for McLeod these days, Port is the club wanting the 'worst at overpaying for traded in players' crown of recent times, so we aren't getting a bargain. I'm sure if we asked after Cox the first 3 letters out of Freo's mouth would be S P P.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schulzenfest

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
Motivated seller maybe, but I doubt they'll be going Ports "Player available at a bargain basement! We've burnt bridges with him, so make us any shit offer and we'll act annoyed, but still supply the lube (unless you want to go in dry, that's fine too!)".
Why not? That's what we said to the Hawks about Wingard.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yeah keen on Francis, problem is Dodoro would would all of Duursma, Butters and Rozee to go to Dons in return.

philthy05

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
adelaide 36ers
Thread starter #120
My concern with nakia is that he doesn’t get near the ball often enough when he is fit, and geelong might want to much for him based on where he was drafted.

In reality his trade value should be half way between Jarman impey and Aaron young but they’ll want more than that.

Top Bottom