List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cockatoo would be achievable and at a decent price. Geelong really can't demand much for a player who is rarely fit and doesn't really do much when he is.

We should be able to get him for the same currency Hawthorn got Scrimshaw.

I think Cockatoo would be achievable and at a decent price. Geelong really can't demand much for a player who is rarely fit and doesn't really do much when he is.

I'd give up our second round pick for him and Geelong's third. It's going to be used for points with Mead anyway, so why not get some value?

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd give up our second round pick for him and Geelong's third. It's going to be used for points with Mead anyway, so why not get some value?

No.

That’s overpaying for a guy who can’t get on the park and when he does gets around 12 touches.

Bailey Scott was thought to be a possible late 1st but obvious 2nd rounder and he went at something like pick 44?

We should be aiming to get in 2 picks before we have to select mead. The only value in those 4 4th rounders is to take him with those.

Teams seem to forget about f/s prospects and let them slide if unless they really really rate them.

If mead looks likely to attract a bid before our second we can trade it up, or trade it out for next years picks or a suitable player, or do a Sydney dodgy and trade it out , match bid with 4th rounders than trade it back in.

My biggest fear right now with mead is those 2 2nd rounders Adelaide holds

The Flyers captain would look even better.

I don't know whether to be impressed or appalled that you remember details about that competition. ;)

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No.

That’s overpaying for a guy who can’t get on the park and when he does gets around 12 touches.

Bailey Scott was thought to be a possible late 1st but obvious 2nd rounder and he went at something like pick 44?

We should be aiming to get in 2 picks before we have to select mead. The only value in those 4 4th rounders is to take him with those.

Teams seem to forget about f/s prospects and let them slide if unless they really really rate them.

If mead looks likely to attract a bid before our second we can trade it up, or trade it out for next years picks or a suitable player, or do a Sydney dodgy and trade it out , match bid with 4th rounders than trade it back in.

My biggest fear right now with mead is those 2 2nd rounders Adelaide holds
We know Adelaide likes to try and undercut us at every chance. Even if other clubs let a 20ish F/S pick slide they certainly won’t, they are that petty.

He would look good in a Port guernsey, Travis ;)

2021, Port List Manager - Travis Boak, Port Recruiter - Robbie Gray. They are planning post AFL career's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m absolutely on the ‘hit the draft’ wagon but adding a free agent who doesn’t cost us picks is ok with me

Especially if the guy is renowned for his work ethic ala Tomlinson.
That I can be ok with. But if we hose picks up against the wall for the 'missing piece of the puzzle' again, I'll f**king lose it.

If it was PlayStation you would look at everyone 27 and over and trade them out and build around the next core. Sadly we can’t and won’t.
Jack Trengove would net us a 1st rounder on AFL Evolution.

#destinationclub
post-07 we did pretty well retaining our players and getting guys in.

Burgoyne and Pearce the main ones that left in an 11 year period I think? When Wingard and Polec had enough though that ended all that.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Probably not the proper thread for this, but should we be looking to trade/delist some crowd favourites at the end of the year?

Robbie hasn't fired too any shots this season. Hoff had a blinder in round 1, nothing since. Motlop can't buy a kick to save himself.

I know it's harsh, and certainly give them the rest of the season to prove me wrong.

It's just that, these guiys are ageing, struggling to keep up with the pace of the game. Only Boak looks like he has managed to do that of our list.
Should we (if they continue to struggle) try to get some currency for them in a trade/pick swap? I love Robbie and Hoff and there are a couple of others you could throw into the mix that are younger but don't appear to have the "goods" for this level. But just maybe these are the tough decisions we need to make?

Or is it just that these guys still would be good players in a side with a game plan that logically suits the current format of the way the game is evolving? Unlike our method of playing - which is out of touch.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Probably not the proper thread for this, but should we be looking to trade/delist some crowd favourites at the end of the year?

Robbie hasn't fired too any shots this season. Hoff had a blinder in round 1, nothing since. Motlop can't buy a kick to save himself.

I know it's harsh, and certainly give them the rest of the season to prove me wrong.

It's just that, these guiys are ageing, struggling to keep up with the pace of the game. Only Boak looks like he has managed to do that of our list.
Should we (if they continue to struggle) try to get some currency for them in a trade/pick swap? I love Robbie and Hoff and there are a couple of others you could throw into the mix that are younger but don't appear to have the "goods" for this level. But just maybe these are the tough decisions we need to make?

Or is it just that these guys still would be good players in a side with a game plan that logically suits the current format of the way the game is evolving? Unlike our method of playing - which is out of touch.

Motlop came in as a free agent, cant see it happening.

Gray looking like he's close to the end. Isn't doing the Robbie Gray stuff so far this year. Who knows how long Westhoff has left. I imagine they'd both retire before being traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back