Status
Not open for further replies.

The breed

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hes going to Adelaide. Lock it in
Come-on Macca, even if it's true, no need to say " lock it in ". A " more than likely going to Adelaide " even hurts. Mind you, i did hear Brouch say, if the Crows offer 8 Mil over six years, him and Mrouch are gone. Whether that was tongue in cheek, i don't honestly know haha.

Come-on Macca, even if it's true, no need to say " lock it in ". A " more than likely going to Adelaide " even hurts. Mind you, i did hear Brouch say, if the Crows offer 8 Mil over six years, him and Mrouch are gone. Whether that was tongue in cheek, i don't honestly know haha.

Nah, they would be serious.

Adelaide bullshit their players by saying that they operate under a tiered payment structure, and that they will pay you the most money when you are 27-28.

If Grundy gets that sort of deal, it means that Adelaide would have used money they could have paid to Crouch to do it. And since both Crouch brothers are FA next year and the year after...

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Isn't it a bit Carlton like for this thread to be active already so early?

We must be going well....

Huge meh.

Struggle to get excited about trade rumours when our team performance is consistently lesser than the sum of its parts.

We buy Ferraris and use them to plough the fields.

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Don't we desperately need a Key Forward? A competent one if not a star. Even a tallish brute like Darling (just an example, I know we aren't getting him)?

I'm not sure where to get one mind you.

I'm not confident Dixon is ever gonna be worth a pinch of s**t again. Ryder is already useless, and is only going to decline. Drafting one means we wait years for him to develop. Please tell me we are not going back to the one tall forward days again???

I am so over our lone tall forwards being doubled teamed. You would have to be a masochist to be a tall forward at our club in the Hinkley era.

Chizza12

All Australian
Jul 29, 2016
Wynn Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sam Day has had a wretched run with injury, he is a capable footballer and I've seen him play some good games at CHB. As an unrestricted free agent he should come reasonably cheap. We can't be sure that Howard will develop into a reliable CHB so Day could be a better option. He will be 27 at the start of next season.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sam Day has had a wretched run with injury, he is a capable footballer and I've seen him play some good games at CHB. As an unrestricted free agent he should come reasonably cheap. We can't be sure that Howard will develop into a reliable CHB so Day could be a better option. He will be 27 at the start of next season.

197cm and 104kg. Good size, very quick to.

At the right price worth a shot and could be very handy at CHB. Worst case provides reliable KPD depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 12, 2003
Drowning my sorrows on the end of some bar
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
NUFC, Green Bay
Nah he's developed into a reasonably capable KPP. If he was available for cheap enough we should definitely have a look.

Edit: If Tomlinson was available, 100% go for him first. But Day would be a fine 2nd prize.
I 100% agree with this

I am have been keen on both of these guys for years

Day if he got a decent run at it form an injury standpoint would be a great pick up.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nah he's developed into a reasonably capable KPP. If he was available for cheap enough we should definitely have a look.

Edit: If Tomlinson was available, 100% go for him first. But Day would be a fine 2nd prize.

Day is a free agent so it’s just money, if he’s a bargain price. Go for it.

Tomlinson would be handy going forward, a good Westhoff replacement. Unsure how he’d fit in the short term.

Do Collingwood ever lose anyone they don't want to? Even if Adelaide managed to put together a better contract, Collingwood would offer third party and post-football career options that mere mortals can only dream about.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I see no point recruiting a 27 yr injury prone average kpp when we aren’t a top flag chance but should be building a side around the next generation of players.

Screw Sam Day, Harrison petty is the guy whose ear we should be in for when he comes out of contract in 2020 and could be behind a May Lever Frost McDonald group of talls.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m not worried about crows landing Grundy and neither should other people.

The only concern would be the annoyance of having to play him twice a year in showdowns and listening to the Adelaide media pump him up

Aside from that if the crows land him it will cost them huge at the trade table when their cupboards are bare of young talent and grundys contract would likely make him the highest paid in the league or at least top 3.

They’ll have an all-aus ruck tapping the ball down to some good but plodding ballwinner and spuds galore around them barring some sort of miracle.

Sam Day is the AFL equivalent of the Loch Ness Monster. We've all heard about him and his wonder, but no one has actually seen him.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Grundy to the Crows is just a media beat-up. He love the trendy Melbourne scene and always wanted to leave Adelaide for the big pond ... Why on earth would he come back?

His management was only in town to meet with Watts (also a client).

Media beat-up

Do Collingwood ever lose anyone they don't want to? Even if Adelaide managed to put together a better contract, Collingwood would offer third party and post-football career options that mere mortals can only dream about.
Beams is the biggest one in recent memory I think, but even then, they got him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back