List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Cox not being particularly rated for some reason, how is he faring compared with Josh Battle and Todd Marshall now?

I remember Cox not being particularly rated for some reason, how is he faring compared with Josh Battle and Todd Marshall now?
Looks like Battle has moved to half back for Saint Kilda.

Cox also hasn’t played so far this year, no wonder he wants to move back to SA.

I’m not terribly excited about this one, but if we can’t find another young forward to add to our list I would be pretty content with taking Cox as a half chance.

Tomlinson makes me a little nervous and a little excited. It will either be one where we’d look back 3 years on and say that was a ******* astute bit of work or we’d be looking forward saying how is this guy still contracted for another 2 years.

I think there’s enough evidence to say that he won’t play forward. He’s a wingman who can also play as a tallish back flank. We do need a wingman. He’s a low possession player but I think his hard running defensive style he could complement the opposite wing to Duursma nicely. From a list profile perspective adding a 25yr old 120 gamer fits the bill.

If it were a trade I’d say the asking price is probably too high and the risk would outweigh the reward. As a free agent, I can see the temptation.

Cox hasn't even been named as an emergency for freo and is in contract till the end of 2020. Sounds like a motivated seller.

Francis got dropped. Out of contract at the end of the year. Fitness issues?

Cox hasn't even been named as an emergency for freo and is in contract till the end of 2020. Sounds like a motivated.
He’s half a game back from a 5 week hamstring. Prior to that he was their best performing forward in the preseason. There is nothing to say he won’t play every game when fully fit.

He’s half a game back from a 5 week hamstring. Prior to that he was their best performing forward in the preseason. There is nothing to say he won’t play every game when fully fit.

There are two things to say that and their names are Jesse Hogan and Rory Lobb. Games will be a lot harder to come by for a KPF at Freo this year.

Cox hasn't even been named as an emergency for freo and is in contract till the end of 2020. Sounds like a motivated seller.

I reckon Riley Bonner would suit Essendon's gamestyle perfectly. Swap him for Francis, who would suit ours perfectly. It'd be a win-win.

Motivated seller maybe, but I doubt they'll be going Ports "Player available at a bargain basement! We've burnt bridges with him, so make us any s**t offer and we'll act annoyed, but still supply the lube (unless you want to go in dry, that's fine too!)".

Fremantle aren't Groom for McLeod these days, Port is the club wanting the 'worst at overpaying for traded in players' crown of recent times, so we aren't getting a bargain. I'm sure if we asked after Cox the first 3 letters out of Freo's mouth would be S P P.

Motivated seller maybe, but I doubt they'll be going Ports "Player available at a bargain basement! We've burnt bridges with him, so make us any s**t offer and we'll act annoyed, but still supply the lube (unless you want to go in dry, that's fine too!)".

Why not? That's what we said to the Hawks about Wingard.

Yeah keen on Francis, problem is Dodoro would would all of Duursma, Butters and Rozee to go to Dons in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My concern with nakia is that he doesn’t get near the ball often enough when he is fit, and geelong might want to much for him based on where he was drafted.

In reality his trade value should be half way between Jarman impey and Aaron young but they’ll want more than that.

I think Cockatoo would be achievable and at a decent price. Geelong really can't demand much for a player who is rarely fit and doesn't really do much when he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back