Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeswecan1

Senior List
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Does anyone seriously think we’re a paddy Ryder away from winning the 2020 premiership?

As for better player

Ladhams has caught up at a crazy rate, and Ryder is going backwards

You could almost make the argument that even though Ryder is the better ruck that we would be better served by the better forward in Frampton who can also ruck.

If you’re judging Ryder on his 2019 form, and trying to imagine the form of Ryder and ladhams Frampton and Hayes 1 year from now I think calling Ryder the better player is naive.
Frampton seriously overrated potential

Leaveit2charlie

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Would give him a run of games to find out.
It's the toughest role in a team and in 2 out of 3 try's he gone ok. The 3rd I'd be looking at what was going on down the ground before I'd blame him. Wasn't a Frampton fan until recently but want him to get a decent run now I think there's something there.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don’t actually think anyone is advocating for Gibbs to port.

Just talking about something Wallace said.
Their coach said they had too many of the same type of players so that is why Gibbs and Greenwood were dropped.
IF THAT TRUE, then I wonder if Ken will have the balls to do similar. Surely Wines and Rocky back will unbalance our midfield unless we drop Boak / SPP.
On another note, Ollie has had a lot of time to think about the standard of his footy. I am nervous about him returning but perhaps he will prove me wrong.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

That’s pretty much impossible considering no one is talking Frampton up as an elite player despite the averages for his 3 afl games putting him in elite company.

Most people have simply said he can at least compete or at least be serviceable.

It’s incredibly hard to see how he is being overrated, if anything were possibly underrating his potential based on fear he might not work out and the likelihood that Hinkley will never give him a chance.

If he was drafted with pick 10 by carlton and had the afl games he just had he wouldn’t be dropped again and the media would be pretty excited about him.

I’d trade out Ryder FWIW

Even if it means recruiting another back up, Hayes is still an unknown for 2020 after injury and obviously Frampton isn’t trusted.

I’d be offloading Westy also

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Their coach said they had too many of the same type of players so that is why Gibbs and Greenwood were dropped.
IF THAT TRUE, then I wonder if Ken will have the balls to do similar. Surely Wines and Rocky back will unbalance our midfield unless we drop Boak / SPP.
On another note, Ollie has had a lot of time to think about the standard of his footy. I am nervous about him returning but perhaps he will prove me wrong.

I tend to agree, probably isn’t room for all of Wines, Boak, SPP and Rocky. Especially with Houston showing he can push up into the Midfeild, Robbie playing more Midfeild and Bonner maybe pushing up into a wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
I would also like Ryder to hang around until he has played 100 AFL games for us …

why should we let Essendon get any father /son benifits

it would be great if we didnt let them
How many games has he played for us?

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sam Durdin is getting a game today for north. He would have almost zero trade value at the moment and fits our needs as a young tall defender. I think we were keen in his draft year when he went late first round. Haven't seen him play much. He hasn't played much!
Was hoping he was part of the polec trade should of been after we throw pit dawg in.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was hoping he was part of the polec trade should of been after we throw pit dawg in.

I figure if we didn’t take durdin in the Polec/pittard trade we probably don’t rate him as a footballer. It’s hard to imagine he would have been off the table so I think port didn’t want him, unless Sam himself didn’t want to leave but I find that unlikely

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I figure if we didn’t take durdin in the Polec/pittard trade we probably don’t rate him as a footballer. It’s hard to imagine he would have been off the table so I think port didn’t want him, unless Sam himself didn’t want to leave but I find that unlikely

I think he had a badly broken leg at the end of last year. If he gets through the year without injury and shows a bit of form then he would be worth a list spot. Those fourth rounders aren't doing much anyway.

ClickBOOM1870

All Australian
Jul 27, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’d trade out Ryder FWIW

Even if it means recruiting another back up, Hayes is still an unknown for 2020 after injury and obviously Frampton isn’t trusted.

I’d be offloading Westy also

Curious... Why would we ‘offload Westhoff’?

He won our best and fairest last year, is well respected, has a great work ethic and sets a fantastic example for our kids.

His body is still in great shape and you can throw him pretty much anywhere and he will play that role to a high standard.

He is happy with year by year contracts and isn’t a risk in terms of contract length. Probably also costing us very little when you consider the output we get from him.

Im not sure you can get a better plug and play depth player. We would be stupid to ‘offload him’ IMO.

Maybe consider it after he’s spent half a season in the Magoos because a kid had come through and overtaken him for a spot... Hasn’t happened yet though.

Last edited:

Nihilus

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It’s a shame, without the suspension of 2016 he would probably crack the 100.

that is true …

if he doesn't get injured this year he could get another 11 games + finals

and if he takes the 1 year he might get another 23 games

Curious... Why would we ‘offload Westhoff’?

He won our best and fairest last year, is well respected, has a great work ethic and sets a fantastic example for our kids.

His body is still in great shape and you can throw him pretty much anywhere and he will play that role to a high standard.

He is happy with year by year contracts and isn’t a risk in terms of contract length. Probably also costing us very little when you consider the output we get from him.

Im not sure you can get a better plug and play depth player. We would be stupid to ‘offload him’ IMO.

Maybe consider it after he’s spent half a season in the Magoos because a kid had come through and overtaken him for a spot... Hasn’t happened yet though.

Because we need to started transitioning some of our list. His form has been average but he will never be dropped. Plenty here have stated his 19 form is shithouse

Because we need to started transitioning some of our list. His form has been average but he will never be dropped. Plenty here have stated his 19 form is shithouse

Why are you 04 now? Threw me when I went to tag you :p

Anyone who can still believe that form is a significant component in team selection under Hinkley doesn’t watch Port games nor follow selections

I would target a young genuinely tall defender to release Howard to the forward line.

Austin could have been that player but he is gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back