List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ryder isn't playing as a primary ruck though, he's playing as a ruck/forward. Ladhams is Lycett's replacement. Frampton/Hayes is Ryder's replacement.

Ladhams is what, 21? Reilly O'Brien had to wait until he was 23 before he got his debut. He'll wait.

O’Brien is average at best and most clubs wouldn’t have known who he was much less been after him. Ladhams has ******* smoked anything O’Brien ever did at sanfl level.

Also, if you’re saying ladhams will only get games when lycett retires (because ken wouldn’t bench a free agent signing ruckman unless he stunk it up massively) you might as well say ladhams should piss off.

Ladhams should be second in line to the ruck next year no matter what.

I think people are overrating some good SANFL form from Ladhams just because of how long it's been since we've had a good ruckman in the SANFL. There isn't a single club in the league where he'd be #1 ruck.
How many clubs in the league would he be played as their #2 ruck? He's not even getting that now. How about clubs where he'd be #2 ruck to a #1 ruck thats due to retire in the next couple of years or is a constant injury concern, unlike Lycett?

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There’s some pretty odd stuff going on here. Massive under rating of Ryder, playing a role he traditionally doesn’t return best results from. Neck and neck with Lycett for hit outs despite playing less ruck time. His tap work is still as good as anyone in the game. Let’s wait until Dixon is back in the forward line and see what impact that has on his form up forward.

On Ladhams, yea it’s great the way he is developing, but he is 21 and not that long ago he looked like a candidate for delisting not a bloke who would have played AFL this year. Can’t see him leaving for opportunity just yet, maybe in 12 months if he keeps going the way he is, but he isn’t there just yet.

There’s some pretty odd stuff going on here. Massive under rating of Ryder, playing a role he traditionally doesn’t return best results from.
No s**t he doesn't. Almost to the point that we could blood an SANFL ruckman in that position and get equivalent results?

On Ladhams, yea it’s great the way he is developing, but he is 21 and not that long ago he looked like a candidate for delisting not a bloke who would have played AFL this year. Can’t see him leaving for opportunity just yet, maybe in 12 months if he keeps going the way he is, but he isn’t there just yet.
If we keep Ryder around another year and keep ignoring form, yeah, Ladhams is gone. Might as well start talks now. Might be a few others in similar boats by year's end.

No **** he doesn't. Almost to the point that we could blood an SANFL ruckman in that position and get equivalent results?

If we keep Ryder around another year and keep ignoring form, yeah, Ladhams is gone. Might as well start talks now. Might be a few others in similar boats by year's end.
Um, sorry for being dumb but I’m not sure what you’re saying.

Do you think that Ladhams is an AFL quality Ruck?

Um, sorry for being dumb but I’m not sure what you’re saying.

Do you think that Ladhams is an AFL quality Ruck?
I think that right now he's ready to be #2 ruck in an AFL side, and in our side.
I think the signs are there that he could very well prove an adequate #1 ruck for an AFL side, and I want to see him prove it.
I think that he isn't going to learn much more being stuck in the SANFL, and he certainly can't prove much more.
I think we have a huge crop of players on our list who'll be retiring/breaking down/being delisted over the next three years, and we need to be looking to move them along at our convenience, not at theirs.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ryder is still an excellent tap ruckman. I think he is a better tap ruck than lycett. The rest of his game has dropped away though.

Whatever you think of Ryder now he is 31 and is only going to go backwards while ladhams and hayes should get better.

If we keep Ryder 1 more year I could have lived with it thinking it’s not the best move but if there is a club offering 2 years and we can get any late pick then that’s a no brainer to me.

I think that right now he's ready to be #2 ruck in an AFL side, and in our side.
I think the signs are there that he could very well prove an adequate #1 ruck for an AFL side, and I want to see him prove it.
I think that he isn't going to learn much more being stuck in the SANFL, and he certainly can't prove much more.
I think we have a huge crop of players on our list who'll be retiring/breaking down/being delisted over the next three years, and we need to be looking to move them along at our convenience, not at theirs.
You have been right about talls for over a decade.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If crows dont land grundy they may make a play for ladhams pick 1 should do it.

Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Terry Wallace recons we should go after Gibbs.
200.gif

He was looking pretty good pre ACL as a skinny kid, bulked up a fair bit through the upper body since then.

Was rated very very highly going into the draft, certain top 20, recon a few would of had him top 5. 2 time U18 All Australian.
Did you see him play in that year one? Big kids in under 18’s are very easy to over rate. Did you see him against men?

At junior level, Hayes was killing it at the role we currently want Ryder anyone to play - go forward, lead strongly, mark, and kick a sweet goal, with the bonus that he's a ruckman. He was doing it well as a 17 year old for Vic Metro and followed up in much the same fashion the following year. Love him, he's great.

Skinny, but with a square frame that should build up for the AFL contest in time.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did you see him play in that year one? Big kids in under 18’s are very easy to over rate. Did you see him against men?

Na not in his U18 or under age year I didn’t see him, Just going on what others said. But to be in the U18 AA side twice is still a good achievement.

In his few SANFL games they were against men and he looked good.

Lol...every team in the league who is halfway decent has a “too good for the reserves” category.

Guess what happens when those players leave? You get decent draft picks, and not the dross we’ve become accustomed to for players that this board overrates like Ah Chee and Young.

It’s called actually having a decent development system. Ken Hinkley is part of the list management committee along with Chris Davies and Jason Cripps, so I’m pretty sure he knows how good the players can be...which is probably why he’s not playing them just because they are too good for SANFL. He wants them to be better than that.

You described what should happen, not what I believe is likely to happen.

I'm fine with the likes of Young and Ah Chee moving on given the amount of AFL exposure both had. I'm less fine with one the players I listed leaving as they're arguably better and more likely to play 100+ AFL games for a rival club. It would be great if our team was performing to a higher standard than it is and we're able to demand high quality picks for our SANFL players, the same way Geelong scored a second rounder for bog average Prismall. The reality though is that Ken is really skirting the boundaries of gold pass territory with his favourites and we're in danger of having a core group of well developed and talented players with a low level of AFL experience that are likely to leave for greener pastures. I'll go one step further - if we had a new coach tomorrow, our best 22 would look quite different and will likely be a better reflection of the available talent on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back