List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m not sure it’s a huge worry.

Really there are three players we are ‘concerned’ about: Ladhams, Drew and Atley.

Ladhams will get another game or two this year and should be ready to push hard for the number two spot next year.
Ryder should get offered one year with the understanding he is no longer a walk up 22 or be traded. Hayes has plenty of time to develop and push for a spot.

Atley and Drew are both getting games and have been well supported by the club. Boak’s resurgence has been a spanner in the works but both would understand that there is one, maybe two spots available with Boak, Rockliff, Ebert and Robbie Gray all slowing down. If either wants to go, that’s a shame, but oh well. Houston, Rozee, Wines, SPP, Butters and Burton (I believe) all offer something in the middle and are young.

For me, the greater concern is the players we have brought in. Trengove and McKenzie have provided some leadership in the twos but little else. Rockliff struggled all of last year, has played well this year when not injured and looks like he is slowing down quickly. Motlop has provided moments of brilliance but nothing more, is he even best 22? Watts played ok last year and had one good game this year as a HBF. Wasn’t he supposed to help with our goal kicking and forward fifty entry?
Dixon has had one good season with us. Ryder has been the best of our recruits but his game is becoming completely one dimensional - tap ruckman and nothing else. This crop was supposed to deliver us to a top four spot and a flag - let’s not beat around the bush. At this point Ryder, Watts and Motlop are borderline best 22, Trengove and McKenzie will likely be delisted at years end and Dixon should walk back into the side. Rocky is line ball, if Boak, SPP and Wines give us plenty then do we need him and how do we fit him in? Throw in the worrisome injuries of Hartlett, Broadbent and Ebert and there are some serious concerns over our ‘senior’ core.

You make some very good points, but of the first 3 players named I suspect Atley is the only one who would ask to be traded.

Trengove and McKenzie were in my opinion added to the list as insurance, and possibly even to add some experience to bolster the Maggies, than to play many, if any AFL games, and I suspect neither will be on the list next year.
I expect Broadbent and Westhoff will retire, and Ryder, who as you say has become very one dimensional, will play one more year.

Jack_1870

Premium Gold
Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
If you had to pick between Ryder and Westhoff for next year,for me it's Ryder.
You want a spot in the team next year for Ladhams (or now) give him Westhoffs,since round 2 he's kicked 3 - 11 plus a few complete misses,I can't really understand why he's still in the team to be honest,Kenny's gold pass......

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
If you had to pick between Ryder and Westhoff for next year,for me it's Ryder.
You want a spot in the team next year for Ladhams (or now) give him Westhoffs,since round 2 he's kicked 3 - 11 plus a few complete misses,I can't really understand why he's still in the team to be honest,Kenny's gold pass......

It would be ridiculous imo to play 3 rucks. Would be a throwback to 2005 when we tried to play Primus, Lade and Brogan in the same team, and spectacularly failed in the process.

Westhoff is not playing well but he does give the team some versatility. He would be far better used on the wing than as a key forward, and I'm optimistic (maybe to a fault) that he will move out of the forward line once Dixon returns.

Seems a bit off topic now I’m not sure what we need to trade for? An experience outside runner?

I’d like to see Garner take over Broadbent

Ladhams replace Ryder

Atley to replace Westhoff

The problem with all the old guys is Kens stubborn loyalty to play themnif they show signs of an accelerated heart beat at the expense of our future

Seems a bit off topic now I’m not sure what we need to trade for? An experience outside runner?
Ultimately theres no point trading for any more experienced players until Hinkley is ****ed off. Why waste more draft capital to let him piss it up the wall on midtable finishes.

Amarula

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Western suburbs (Melb)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Indomitable Lions
Yeh, neddy would know. But also, makes sense, clubs would be across his form in the SANFL for sure.
And promising young ruckmen are surely a priority for every recruiter in the AFL.
And they’d all be keeping a close eye on each other’s reserves teams for someone who would fit their structures better than the team they’re currently with.
And potential KPFs who can ruck have always had high value.
Kangas gave away Preuss cos they wanted to hang on to Goldstein for another tilt. Goldy’s had a good year but they’ll be stuffed next year when he retires or his form drops off a cliff.
Unless they can pinch one of ours.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And promising young ruckmen are surely a priority for every recruiter in the AFL.
They aren't. They used to be, but ruckmen take so long to develop (in general) and the difference between an average ruck and a top ruck is less than an average KPF and top KPF, that it's the one position it does make sense to poach rather than develop. Unless you get for a bargain basement pick like we did with Hayes. 10-15 years ago a player rated as likely to be as good a ruck as Hayes would have been a first round pick.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We have been linked to a few crows players the last few weeks either by media or supporters all who have laughable. Keath has been linked to melb there is 1 crow player i would be happy to have a crack at. He has improved out of sight.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
We have been linked to a few crows players the last few weeks either by media or supporters all who have laughable. Keath has been linked to melb there is 1 crow player i would be happy to have a crack at. He has improved out of sight.

Haha Lord help them if they lose another defender to Malbun. Inb4 "he asked for too much money the greedy prick!"

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Heard on the grapevine that Amon is definitely leaving next year to a melb club. I find that strange but its meant to be happening

and Ryder is leaving at the end of the year (not sure whether its his or ports choice)

Heard on the grapevine that Amon is definitely leaving next year to a melb club. I find that strange but its meant to be happening

and Ryder is leaving at the end of the year (not sure whether its his or ports choice)
Would be annoying for Amon to play some good footy and then lose him for a token pick because he's uncontracted.

If Ryder is not sticking around then a lot of hope is now put into Ladhams and Hayes to fill that role.

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would be annoying for Amon to play some good footy and then lose him for a token pick because he's uncontracted.

If Ryder is not sticking around then a lot of hope is now put into Ladhams and Hayes to fill that role.

I reckon the unexpected massive improvement from ladhams has meant that ryder is seen as not as important as possibly 18 months ago

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United

well lts hoe he continues to play better t improve his value. and also lets hope he hasnt chosen one club in particular

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
At least getting something for Amon and Ryder would be an improvement on holding onto players until they have no trade value. I would love it if we moved Ryder on for value and backed in lycett ladhams Hayes Frampton. Prefer to keep Amon but can live with losing him especially if we get some good value for him. Absolutely have to force a trade for a 3rd rounder at absolute minimum. No 4th rounder bullshit. He should be 1st 22 for his new team.

We should be asking for Harrison petty in a 3 way trade for Amon.

Shall we start the bidding now? Schoenmakers for Amon, isn't that how it usually opens?

Come on, we all know it will be Hawthorn again.

I still think Ryder would be a perfect fit for GWS.

Shall we start the bidding now? Schoenmakers for Amon, isn't that how it usually opens?

Come on, we all know it will be Hawthorn again.

I still think Ryder would be a perfect fit for GWS.
With Amon, I reckon St Kilda will have a go for him. He'd deffs be best 22 there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back