List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Serious question. How can he cement himself when even if he is picked, he's the first dropped whenever a shiny new small defender becomes available?

We pay lip service to "form in the twos" but that's highly selective.
He can "cement" himself in the starting 22 by playing top grade football with the Maggies, forcing selectors to pick him, and then backing up that form in the Power. Port are playing for finals, and cant afford to play developing players that dont earn their spot. He has so much growth & potential as a tall forward, he is far better off being allowed to develop his game out of the glaring AFL spotlight!

He will be fine!
Mate you are you incapable of reading or comprehending a post!

My point is - The statement that we need to give Farrell games in order to develop him is utterly pathetic & ridiculous - And especially so because we have a plethora of young players already developing their game in the seniors! Fact is he is a good talent, but his efforts in the Power team has been sub-par. Reality, he develops in the Maggies, then when he has form, he gets an AFL game. If he doesnt perform, he goes back & keeps developing ... eventually he will hold his spot. "Gifting" him games is counterproductive to him! His confidence will be far more strengthened playing well in the Maggies, than being schooled in the Power!

As for Motlop et-al ... What are you crapping on about? I am on record that gifting ANYONE a gold pass is not on! I would much rather someone with form in the Maggies come in than persist with an under-performing senior player. However, playing the devil's advocate, there comes a time when you have to have some senior experience in the side, esp when the pressure is on .... clearly evident against the Dogs with so many senior blokes out. Also, you have to have a player that is suitable for that position, or you risk unbalancing the side.

Do the selectors get it right each week ... hell no! But bringing the senior boys back this last week was the right move against the Crows ... even though it was universally unpopular on Bigfooty, where all the experts know best!

I’m not sure how you’ve turned this specifically into a Farrell conversation. You replied to capital power who was arguing that Marshall will get dropped before he gets an opportunity to cement himself for yet another half back.

I took issue with this comment in your reply “Port are playing for finals, and cant afford to play developing players that dont earn their spot”

Based on the fact we’re a mid table side that hasn’t played many finals. Hence why I argued your argument in favour of senior incumbents over developing players because that is what will get us into finals flies in the face of reality unless we’re pretending the last decade doesn’t exist. Those senior incumbents that haven’t lead us to the finals are allowed long stretches of doing nothing while players who could gain something by playing afl are stuck in the sanfl side or get 1-2 games to become instant afl footballers or get sent back to the sanfl.

Also let’s not pretend that playing in the afl doesn’t help you become an afl player.

Nov 6, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fremantle Dockers (AFLW)
In the 2016 draft we gave up pick 10 to Sydney (Florrent) for picks 16 Marshall and Pick 18 Sam PP. Just pointing out the irony...

The whole trade was.

Out:
9 (Florent)
19 (Hayward)
49 (Darcy Cameron - D Clarke, L Ryan and J Graham Available)

In:
14 (Todd Marshall)
17 (Sam Powell-Pepper)
31 (Willem Drew)

In Retrospect I think a great trade for needs, we definitely needed the KPF and inside mids over Hayward and Florent who I would consider icing on the cake sort of players. Funnily if we picked Drew before Atley, for the purposes of looking at this trade, I think it would be pretty line ball at this point in everyone's career.

Nemisis

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The whole trade was.

Out:
9 (Florent)
19 (Hayward)
49 (Darcy Cameron - D Clarke, L Ryan and J Graham Available)

In:
14 (Todd Marshall)
17 (Sam Powell-Pepper)
31 (Willem Drew)

In Retrospect I think a great trade for needs, we definitely needed the KPF and inside mids over Hayward and Florent who I would consider icing on the cake sort of players. Funnily if we picked Drew before Atley, for the purposes of looking at this trade, I think it would be pretty line ball at this point in everyone's career.
Give me Florent and Hayward every time...

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m not sure how you’ve turned this specifically into a Farrell conversation. You replied to capital power who was arguing that Marshall will get dropped before he gets an opportunity to cement himself for yet another half back.

I took issue with this comment in your reply “Port are playing for finals, and cant afford to play developing players that dont earn their spot”

Based on the fact we’re a mid table side that hasn’t played many finals. Hence why I argued your argument in favour of senior incumbents over developing players because that is what will get us into finals flies in the face of reality unless we’re pretending the last decade doesn’t exist. Those senior incumbents that haven’t lead us to the finals are allowed long stretches of doing nothing while players who could gain something by playing afl are stuck in the sanfl side or get 1-2 games to become instant afl footballers or get sent back to the sanfl.

Also let’s not pretend that playing in the afl doesn’t help you become an afl player.
Whatever!

According to the experts on this board, lets bring in all of Marshall, Drew, Atley, Farrell, Garner, Ladhams, and Frampton, along with the long list of young players already developing in the firsts!

Yeah sure!

PS ... I like all of the above players, and would like to see them all playing & developing in the Power! Fact is, its just not feasible!

Last edited:
"It may have been floated already but what about;
CROWS get: Jack Lukosius + Izak Rankine
SUNS get: Bryce Gibbs + Myles Poholke + Andy Otten + Richard Douglas + Pick 2 + 3rd round pick"

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is like someone with a skip full of rubbish in the druveway wanting to swap for your brand new 8k Tv and cinema lounge seats.

This is like someone with a skip full of rubbish in the druveway wanting to swap for your brand new 8k Tv and cinema lounge seats.

Or they thought you were the dump to get rid of their old gear.

jake-lever_14lee13n87rbl1d4pvx2nn6mn1.jpg

Leaveit2charlie

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are Port going to look at Gibbs?

It could be fun?

Think his mess can be sorted out if it hasn't been aready?
Will cost nothing Crows paying a fair slice of his salary?
Its a couple of fairly ordinary environments he's coming out of.
He goes ok we look pretty clever if not well he's useful in the SANFL?

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
"It may have been floated already but what about;
CROWS get: Jack Lukosius + Izak Rankine
SUNS get: Bryce Gibbs + Myles Poholke + Andy Otten + Richard Douglas + Pick 2 + 3rd round pick"

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Excellent. And to think I got shot down for suggesting Frampton might upgrade one of our fourth rounders to a third or second in a draft lacking tall options.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It could be fun?

No.
No.
No.
No.
Yes.
No.

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It could be fun?

Nope. Definitely not.

Old, slow, out of form, off field issues, costly in picks and cash and doesn’t fill a need.

Also why solve the crows issue?

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
geez reading their board, greenwood worth a first?! GC into him!
Time to off load some players up to the suns if thats the going rates!

Did they forget his an average to okay midfielder who will be 28 heading into next season.

Would be lucky to get a late second rounder for him, especially if he actually requests a trade.

Maybe they think he's better than he is and 23 years old? They are pretty delusional over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back