List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We need to hold onto Ladhams and Hayes for at least the next 3 seasons and then if we find we don’t have a need for one of them, that’s when we trade them.

With Lycett taking over the number one ruck mantle...Ladhams opportunities will rely on us playing two rucks with one resting forward. If this isn't desired or possible,we will struggle to keep him.
If Hayes progresses, maybe Ladhams is worth trading to St Kilda or North Melbourne for a high price.

I wouldnt be against recruiting Greenwood as a tall mid/forward. The crows certainly dont get the best out of him and could imagine him excelling under Clarkson.
Hawks are into everyone it seems. Always picking off who they want once they have been able to observe them for a few years in other teams. I really do wish them no success whatsoever going forward but I guess I have made my feelings known on them before.

Hawks are into everyone it seems. Always picking off who they want once they have been able to observe them for a few years in other teams. I really do wish them no success whatsoever going forward but I guess I have made my feelings known on them before.

Agreed. "Vultures" might be a more fitting name than Hawks. Mind you...they seem to pick off players that have been poorly managed and/or lacked opportunities. Greenwood is both poorly managed and lacking opportunities.

The problem they are facing with the strategy is that it keeps them mid-pack. They get little in the way of high picks because they don't finish low enough and any draft capital is shifted off to bring these guys in.

We’ve certainly picked off a few from other teams under Hinkley (Monfries, Polec, White, Ryder, Dixon, Rockliff, Motlop, Watts, Lycett, Burton) and have stayed mid table despite the hype and obvious talent of a number of those players.

Ssshhhhh

Apparently it’s different when we do it.

Well it is different I guess, we get high picks and stay mid table they get no high picks win three on the trot and then stay mid table.

The problem they are facing with the strategy is that it keeps them mid-pack. They get little in the way of high picks because they don't finish low enough and any draft capital is shifted off to bring these guys in.
Trying to do a quick bounce back into premiership contention, after the first 4 were off of topping up from teams built on high and priority picks. Their top-ups are now leaving them mid-table, but their list is bottom 6, due to quality coaching. We've topped up and are repeatedly mid-table with a top 6 list. Swap coaches and we'd be in flag contention and them bottom 4. Hawks board would look at drops in attendance and membership and look to hold onto Clarkson rather than let him go and likely bottom out. And Clarkson would look around at these days of no certain priority picks, Academies and more teams and want to go to the bottom in order to go up like his earlier run. Hawks have a few years of mid-table ahead, just by virtue of their coach, before it catches up with them and they are bottom 4.

I'd take Gibbs if it meant he played for the Magpies all year. Either that or let him wear the Magpies mascot outfit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve certainly picked off a few from other teams under Hinkley (Monfries, Polec, White, Ryder, Dixon, Rockliff, Motlop, Watts, Lycett, Burton) and have stayed mid table despite the hype and obvious talent of a number of those players.

Monfries was a free agent who we did a trade for to protect our compensation picks. He was 26+ years old.

White was a free agent. He was 26+ years old.

Rockliff was a free agent. He was 26+ years old.

Motlop was a free agent. He was 26+ years old.

Lycett was a free agent. He was 26+ years old.

Melbourne wanted to get rid of Watts after he had signed a deal after hitting free agency. He was 26+ years old.

Ryder wanted out of Essendon after the WADA thing. He was 25/26 years old. We gave up a first and second round pick for him.

Burton was included in a trade for Wingard, who Hawthorn picked off and was going to be a free agent next year. Burton was 21. Wingard was 25 and a dual AA and best and fairest winner.

Dixon was 25 years old when we traded for him, and we gave up a first and second round pick for him.

So we get players who are free agents.

Hawthorn, on the other hand, target players before they hit 26 and free agency who have various reasons why they think they need a change of environment (game time, injuries, attitude etc.) like Impey, O'Meara, Amon, Ladhams, Wingard, Mitchell and Patton. Which means they don't pay for the actual talent of these players, but instead get them for a discount just before they start trending upward...which enables them to go and get free agents to supplement their list with the money they have left over.

They are the Frankenstein monster of the competition.

I wouldn’t wish Bryce Gibbs, all his problems, and his father on anyone. He is exactly where he should be now.

You'd wish them on one team. ;)

I wouldn’t wish Bryce Gibbs, all his problems, and his father on anyone. He is exactly where he should be now.
I hope you mean “at the crows” and not “in huge debt”.

You probably do, but I still wanna say the guy obviously has a massive addiction that other parties have taken advantage of. One doesn’t have to like the guy to feel a tonne of sympathy for his rumoured situation.

To be honest we are in bed of our own making with Ladhams and Hayes. Spent big on Lycett who will only ever be a mid range ruckman on a long term deal. Already had Ryder who despite being poor forward actually rucked ok for the portions he could run out this year. If one of Lycett/Ryder weren’t at the club the questions probably wouldn’t be getting asked of Ladhams. he and Frampton probably would have played 10 games between them too.

To be honest we are in bed of our own making with Ladhams and Hayes. Spent big on Lycett who will only ever be a mid range ruckman on a long term deal. Already had Ryder who despite being poor forward actually rucked ok for the portions he could run out this year. If one of Lycett/Ryder weren’t at the club the questions probably wouldn’t be getting asked of Ladhams. he and Frampton probably would have played 10 games between them too.
Have you even been watching Lycett lately? Mid range ruckman? Cmon....

We have usually paid handsomely for them if NFA. I would love us to get good value for anyone who wants to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back