List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, I really don't think so. There have been so many chances over the journey for Billy to be given an opportunity and he is constantly overlooked. He was picked once at the end of 2018 when the noise grew very loud for Ken and the coaching staff to pick a ruckmen and again this year when we were without a forward, but they couldn't drop him quick enough after one quiet game. Let's also remember that Billy is the only debutant in recent years to not be given one of those filmed feel good phone calls upon selection.

I don't claim to know why he's out of favour and if there's something behind the scenes we don't know about that has put him on the outer, but claiming that he would have a spot by now if not for being suspended just doesn't have any evidence behind it.
I would have happily delisted him last year, his form has been much better this year.

He had kicked 10 goals in 2 weeks (more than his entire 2018 btw) when he was suspended and would have definitely come in otherwise. Now he has to rebuild that form again, and other forwards are actually performing in the AFL.

Trading for Franklin now would be like trading for Carey in the early 00's

An expensive and horrible idea
How much of a salary cap dump can the swans get? Reckon they would trade him for pick 69.
He is getting paid $1.3m this year, then $1.4m 2020, $1.5m 2021, $1m in 2022.

If they could get a dump of $1m to $1.3m out of remaining $3.9m they would be doing well.

Well Geelong and west coast for starters, you know, 2 of the more dominant teams of the last few years
See I just can’t see the difference, except perhaps that Hawkins and Kennedy actually take marks when they get the chance inside 50.

Perhaps they work up the ground a little less than Charlie does, but every team in the AFL empties out their forward line when the ball is in defensive 50.

See I just can’t see the difference, except perhaps that Hawkins and Kennedy actually take marks when they get the chance inside 50.

Perhaps they work up the ground a little less than Charlie does, but every team in the AFL empties out their forward line when the ball is in defensive 50.
How often do they have to resort to bombing it long to a midget 3 on 1?

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Someone just mentioned to me Crows after Frampton? Nah can't see that.

It was more Malcolm blight complimenting us on our list makeup with rucks and suggested maybe the crows would need to try and grab one because their list is crap (which was basically the gist of his commentary - old list no depth not likely to win flag etc)

It was more Malcolm blight complimenting us on our list makeup with rucks and suggested maybe the crows would need to try and grab one because their list is crap (which was basically the gist of his commentary - old list no depth not likely to win flag etc)
We mustn’t do any deals that make them better unless they pay through the nose and it benefits us enormously. Would be hard to watch him playing in their guernsey and the melts on here would be rabid.

We mustn’t do any deals that make them better unless they pay through the nose and it benefits us enormously. Would be hard to watch him playing in their guernsey and the melts on here would be rabid.
Last trade between the 2 clubs was almost 12 years ago. Brad Symes for pick 27 or 28. Don't think there will be another trade for a few more years yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think Howard’s better at Centre Half Back

This shouldn't even be up for debate at this point. He's miles better in defence.

Don't think we could get 2 top ten picks but yeah sure would be a better outcome. But still hope it's bulls**t not a good look when a first year captain wants out.

Wines is just poopy that he isn’t guaranteed a game because he’s captain. He probably doesn’t feel like he’s contributed much of anything to Port possibly making finals this year.

A week away with the boys and he’ll be fine. But if he wants to leave, he’s worth a first and a future first. He’s in contract, after all.

Don't think we could get 2 top ten picks but yeah sure would be a better outcome. But still hope it's bulls**t not a good look when a first year captain wants out.

Narr stuff him, it’s not a good look for him not us. Obviously we will roll
Out the Ollie is anloved and required player, we won’t let him go cheap.

If we lose both SPP and Wines I'd be talking to Dunstan, has seemed quicker this year and has improved his game. Can't see our 2nd rounder not getting in done also

Narr stuff him, it’s not a good look for him not us. Obviously we will roll
Out the Ollie is anloved and required player, we won’t let him go cheap.

Wines hasn't played many games this year and the team is still leading the league in clearances and contested possessions. It's not like we'd really miss his output on field.

As long as we keep Powell-Pepper (who I've always believed we recruited just in case Wines wanted to go to Victoria - which he will do at the end of this contract anyway...I reckon the club has been aware of his career being planned out by his father for some time), I'm perfectly fine with trading him for a price that will fetch us Lukosius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back