List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granny Duurs is Lovely

All Australian
Jun 11, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No interest in trading Wines. We need players in the right age bracket and he's still a great player. The issue seems to be development more than anything and I think having him learn from Voss has left him as a purely oldschool footballer without extra strings to his bow.

Would love it if he focused on getting stronger overhead and a better set shot kick. He'd be the perfect swap with Robbie in the forward line if he can do that - play the jack steven role of bulky strong contested forward + his time in the middle.

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No interest in trading Wines. We need players in the right age bracket and he's still a great player. The issue seems to be development more than anything and I think having him learn from Voss has left him as a purely oldschool footballer without extra strings to his bow.

Would love it if he focused on getting stronger overhead and a better set shot kick. He'd be the perfect swap with Robbie in the forward line if he can do that - play the jack steven role of bulky strong contested forward + his time in the middle.
i think wines could improve a lot if he stripped 5 kgs, i think he's too big and it hinders his running capacity,

I would see losing Wines as disastrous.

We have a few good young midfielders coming through, but in a few years we will be down Gray, Boak and Rockliff on our current rotation so we are already up against it to replace all 3 of them, let alone having to replace Wines as well.

Houston gives me some hope but other than him who do we have who is likely to be a genuine A grader in 3-4 years time?

SPP has been OK but would need a big step up and is apparently on the outer anyway.

Atley and Drew have potential as well, but I haven’t seen enough to be confident.

Rozee, Butters and Duursma are all fantastic prospects but I’m not sure they’ll be ready to carry our midfield in 3-4 years.

Maybe we are planning to just bottom out around 2024 but I would really prefer we hang onto Wines and try and find someone to help him out rather than hoping a bunch of 22 to 24 year olds can match it with the best midfielders in the competition.
But Wines rarely matches it with the best in the comp.
SPP can do what he does for cheaper.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Jeez this Ollie Wines rumour has spread pretty quickly with usual idiots running with it. Clubs don't trade their Captains with 3 years remaining on their contracts.
This, times 1,000,000

I'm so tired of this during season bullshit that it almost entirely puts me off reading it.

Jeez this Ollie Wines rumour has spread pretty quickly with usual idiots running with it. Clubs don't trade their Captains with 3 years remaining on their contracts.
How many years did Ryan Griffen have left on his deal?

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How many years did Ryan Griffen have left on his deal?

One

THE Western Bulldogs have safeguarded Ryan Griffen from a free agency raid after re-signing the midfield star to a long-term contract extension.
The silky ball-winner has recommitted to the club for a further three years, tying the deadly right-footer to the kennel until the end of 2015.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
You must be comfortable with mediocrity as we are a mid table team with a mid table list.

Duursma, Rozee, Garner, Frampton, Butters, Woodcock, Marshall, Drew, Fredericks, Cox, Ladhams, Farrell, Howard to go with Wines, Byrne- Jones, Clurey, Amon, Houston, Burton, Lycett, Powell- Pepper, Lienert is a pretty sound foundation for the future, not many of those guys would be over 25. On top of those players we have a group of 28- 29 year olds like Ebert, Hartlett, Watts and Dixon to add experience. In fact we could field a pretty competitive under 26 side. I have not included the likes of Boak, Gray, Westhoff, Ryder as they are probably not in our next Premiership window.

We have played as many young players as any side this year and we are knocking on the door of the eight. Get a few more games into a few of the young guys listed above and the right people pulling the strings and we could go places.

The players are there we just need to refine the system to get the best out of them. We are mid table because we cannot get the best from our young talent, not because we do not have the talent.

Jeremy, (Jeremy Cameron)was a stretch

Know Port have been keen on him in the past

Might have been the reason why Hinkley and Voss were smiling at the end of the GWS game.

In terms of players who could replace Dixon, you need someone 25 or younger. Someone who can step into the hole if Dixon gets injured (and eventually retires) who would take the opposition's best defender and be a real presence in the forward line.

Right age profile, would fit into the system, GWS just signed up Himmelberg long term for four years this year and has to have money to keep Whitfield, Kelly (who has a player option for another 4 years) and others like Williams who are coming out of contract. They don't have the money to give him a max deal.

What could we pay him? He'd want a 5 year contract.

If you get rid of Frampton (and shift Howard into a developing key forward/back hybrid spot), that's $105k base salary to start with = $550k over five years
We're running at 95% cap space for the past few years, so we can overspend for three years = $3.6m over three years and $600k over the remaining two
Ryder will be off the books by the end of next year if he stays = $440k over four years

So theoretically, you could pay Cameron $1.158m a year over five years just by getting rid of Frampton and Ryder...not to mention the savings you could get by shifting someone like Trengove or McKenzie to the rookie list.

Then you could go from Dixon/Cameron/Marshall to Cameron/Howard/Marshall and not skip a beat.

Hot Port

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jack Lukosius hasn’t extended his contract yet. Seems he wants to come home either this year or next year. Just don’t know whether he wants to come to port or crows. Hope he will choose us because his good mate Rozee is with us..

Based on the moves we have made in the past 3 years (which all of fit together into a regeneration strategy ... possibly with the exception of Watts), I think if we had a player in the 26/7/8 or older area that had significant value outside the club I suspect we would be open to a trade. A ready to play lead-up key forward under 24 would be very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back