List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without Rucci saying it directly, sounds like Frampton is most of the way down the road to the crows. His head hasn't been right in the finals, so perhaps this is the reason.
I don't know whether I'll be more upset with Frampton leaving or Hinkley for not playing him enough. Time will tell. Is Frampton capable or not? Sometimes I think maybe but other times no.
I don't get how Frampton could possibly think he is going to get more game time at the Crows?

He is currently behind:
- Walker
- Lynch
- Fogarty
- Himmelberg
- Jenkins*

Jenkins being the one who is probably traded. At best he is 5th in line.

Without Rucci saying it directly, sounds like Frampton is most of the way down the road to the crows. His head hasn't been right in the finals, so perhaps this is the reason.
I don't know whether I'll be more upset with Frampton leaving or Hinkley for not playing him enough. Time will tell. Is Frampton capable or not? Sometimes I think maybe but other times no.
Frampton isn't capable of being a legitimate forward in a top 8 team
I'll add an edit, if we want to be a legitimate 8 or higher side from 2021 onwards Frampton will not be the KPF next to Marshall

I don't get how Frampton could possibly think he is going to get more game time at the Crows?

He is currently behind:
- Walker
- Lynch
- Fogarty
- Himmelberg
- Jenkins*

Walker, Lynch and Jenkins all nearing the end.

At Port, Billy is behind: Dixon, Marshall, Howard and resting rucks Lycett, Ladhams and the emerging Hayes.

I want to keep Billy but it is what it is.

He is currently behind:
- Walker
- Lynch
- Fogarty
- Himmelberg
- Jenkins*

*jerker is on $750 next year. There is no way anyone is touching him.

No way is Frampton getting a 3 year deal from the crows. Would be reminiscent of us giving Jake Neade 3 years. Waste of everyone’s time.

- Fix the stadium deal
- Member elected board

Until these its all window dressing, its all symptoms of these two grievous fu**ups imposed on us, and we don’t have a Port Adelaide.
100% this.

Bring in free agents? - it doesn't matter
Debt demolition campaign? - it doesn't matter
Sack Hinkley? - it doesn't matter

We've built our house on sand and until we sort the foundations out anything we do is just changing the drapes.

Be interesting to watch the trade* talks (for Billy) between us and them.

Most the only players they've got who'd we want wouldn't be attainable and low pick is a pure lottery.

The only player I'd like is Milera but they'd be mad to let him go.

*assuming he asks for a trade

Be interesting to watch the trade* talks (for Billy) between us and them.

Most the only players they've got who'd we want wouldn't be attainable and low pick is a pure lottery.

The only player I'd like is Milera but they'd be mad to let him go.

*assuming he asks for a trade
If we do trade for them we simply MUST ask for a future pick.

Deathriding the Crows to a wooden spoon is the only thing that would make next season bearable.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
One day people will wake up in the morning, fix themselves a cup of tea and then realise Billy Frampton just ain't that good.

What would it take to get the crows 2020 1st? Is it worth it?

I dare say after the review they'll think they have a magical fix and over rate themselves again.

Reality is they'll most likely finish bottom 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One day people will wake up in the morning, fix themselves a cup of tea and then realise Billy Frampton just ain't that good.
I'm more worried that people still wake up in the morning having not yet realised Hinkley just ain't that good.

I'm more worried that people still wake up in the morning having not yet realised Hinkley just ain't that good.

I think Big Footy was early to rise on that one. But unfortunately we're just keyboard warriors that don't understand how hard the league is.

We're not in the SANFL anymore Toto.

He is currently behind:
- Walker
- Lynch
- Fogarty
- Himmelberg
- Jenkins*

I'll add an edit, if we want to be a legitimate 8 or higher side from 2021 onwards Frampton will not be the KPF next to Marshall

Yeah I know. I've always supported turning over fringe players but when he plays well I enjoy it because he's a strong mark and a good kick and amongst the brain fades he's a team player.

Walker, Lynch and Jenkins all nearing the end.

At Port, Billy is behind: Dixon, Marshall, Howard and resting rucks Lycett, Ladhams and the emerging Hayes.

I want to keep Billy but it is what it is.

We played about half the season with a key forward setup of Ryder and Westhoff, which was maintained despite being obviously ineffective.

Trading out our key position depth is stupid unless we get a really good deal, and what are they even going to offer for a 3 gamer? Even if we're drafting a KPF, our only currently established key forward is Charlie Dixon, who isn't known for his durability or reliability.

We've been through this multiple times before in the modern era where we've allowed depth players to leave and then been stuck with square pegs in round holes (leaving square holes in another position, usually being filled by a much smaller peg)

It would be garbage list management to delist Billy now and leave us with only Dixon and Marshall with any AFL experience, just as it was garbage to delist Butcher and Schulz at the same time to leave us with only Dixon at the end of 2016.

Plug and play depth is also crucial to any side who is remotely serious about it's premiership credentials. If we move Frampton on and then Dixon goes down early next season for an extended period, we're looking at a forward line with zero presence. Frampton doesn't have to be a gun, he just has to be able to come in and fill a role if we get stuck, and anything more than that is a bonus. We can draft more KPFs in the mean time.

I'm okay with getting rid of Frampton if it means we're getting Lukosius.

Me too.

I reckon Crows will get Luko. With half their team moving on, including Laird is the rumour, they will have plenty of draft picks/ players to satisfy GCS.

They have to move on players with currency and those players. Laird plus Ted Walker won't get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back