PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
They have to move on players with currency and those players. Laird plus Ted Walker won't get it done.
Their first pick plus something young resembling quality will get it done easily

One day people will wake up in the morning, fix themselves a cup of tea and then realise Billy Frampton just ain't that good.

Yes, he should've played more this year when Dixon was out. But for structural reasons. Not because he's some superstar in waiting like half this board seems to think he is.

If Frampton walks to the Crows and we DFA somebody like McBean to replace him, we're probably better off.

We played about half the season with a key forward setup of Ryder and Westhoff, which was maintained despite being obviously ineffective.

Trading out our key position depth is stupid unless we get a really good deal, and what are they even going to offer for a 3 gamer? Even if we're drafting a KPF, our only currently established key forward is Charlie Dixon, who isn't known for his durability or reliability.

We've been through this multiple times before in the modern era where we've allowed depth players to leave and then been stuck with square pegs in round holes (leaving square holes in another position, usually being filled by a much smaller peg)

It would be garbage list management to delist Billy now and leave us with only Dixon and Marshall with any AFL experience, just as it was garbage to delist Butcher and Schulz at the same time to leave us with only Dixon at the end of 2016.

Agree 100% with your larger point here, which is that we need to go into next year with some solid KPF depth. But it doesn't necessarily have to be Frampton.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lukosius will more then likely go to whichever club he nominates. It’s very rare a player doesn’t get to the club he wants to go to. Just make him want to come and the deal should get done.
Get his mate Connor Rozee to talk to him, and I think he will come to Port,

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Here We go again

Essendon is chasing Port Adelaide midfielder Sam Powell-Pepper, reports 7 News Melbourne.

Powell-Pepper, taken with Pick 18 in the 2016 draft, is contracted to the Power until the end of the 2020 season.
But there’s been ample speculation the 21-year-old has attracted interest from rival clubs and the Power would be open to trading him for the right deal.
“He is the one player I would absolutely put on the trade table and I’d make that a priority. He’s contracted, got a year to go, but he’s got some attributes that are welcome at AFL level,” Cornes told SEN SA Breakfast.
More ..

Essendon are shite to deal with ... lets do the same .. :)

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ah crap.

If port swap spp for a 176cm small forward whose stats are comparable to Sam gray and Aaron young I’ll vomit.

There’s maybe, maybe 8-15 guys in this draft I would have on our list before spp.

Mead has far far far more question marks over his ability to become an elite afl footballer than spp does right now and half the d and t board thinks he’s a first rounder lol.

That's like saying you are ok with your girlfriend breaking up with you because your FWB is Margot Robbie.

Except in this instance, your girlfriend doesn’t put out.

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Walker, Lynch and Jenkins all nearing the end.

At Port, Billy is behind: Dixon, Marshall, Howard and resting rucks Lycett, Ladhams and the emerging Hayes.

I want to keep Billy but it is what it is.

That's misleading. We can only rest one ruck at a time assuming we go with two rucks.Dixon is nearing the end as much as any of the Crows forwards. Jonas is also nearing the end, it is likely Howard will play as a defender. His forays forward have not been encouraging so far.

Westhoff however may still be able to play as a defender for another couple of years given his form there this year which will free up someone to go forward. I favor Burton.

It is simply more a matter of our reticence to play him. He was the obvious choice at times this year due to injuries and form to Dixon and Marshall and barely got a go. If I were him I would be going elsewhere and good luck to him. He seems reticent to move interstate which is a pity as he would get a real good go in a number of Victorian teams. He is from Western Australia and I am really surprised he has not been approached by Fremantle.

Anyway, it will be interesting.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What do we realistically think we’ll get for Paddy?

I would be asking for a 2020 3rd round pick for paddy and a 4th

If they want to trade Sam gray in I would tell them to get us a 2020 2nd for both. A 3rd for both is way unders, and we’ve been far too soft with departing players for a long time.

It wouldn’t even have to be their 2nd. Any 2020 2nd they can trade in.

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
Have we ever tried Billy at CHB ??
In these days of defensive intercept marks, he'd be a gun I'd have thought

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
That's misleading. We can only rest one ruck at a time assuming we go with two rucks.Dixon is nearing the end as much as any of the Crows forwards. Jonas is also nearing the end, it is likely Howard will play as a defender. His forays forward have not been encouraging so far.

Westhoff however may still be able to play as a defender for another couple of years given his form there this year which will free up someone to go forward. I favor Burton.

It is simply more a matter of our reticence to play him. He was the obvious choice at times this year due to injuries and form to Dixon and Marshall and barely got a go. If I were him I would be going elsewhere and good luck to him. He seems reticent to move interstate which is a pity as he would get a real good go in a number of Victorian teams. He is from Western Australia and I am really surprised he has not been approached by Fremantle.

Anyway, it will be interesting.

I 100% agree, I was just looking through it with the eyes of our coaches.

Billy has been underutilized massively.

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have we ever tried Billy at CHB ??

He’s a good marker and has goal accuracy, but just needs to be better at leading in my opinion, which I think is mostly attributed to coaching since Dixon has the same issue. Surely it just be a directing from coaches to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Defensive intercept marking is more about being able to read the play more than contested marking strength.

Billy, not so great at that. Just watch how many times he's led to the ball by a defender. Worked out ok against Gold Coast because he just beat his opponent in the air. Didn't work out against Hawthorn where Frawley was better. Didn't work against Otten either in the SANFL qualifying final either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back