List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to watch the trade* talks (for Billy) between us and them.

Most the only players they've got who'd we want wouldn't be attainable and low pick is a pure lottery.

The only player I'd like is Milera but they'd be mad to let him go.

*assuming he asks for a trade
Justin Reid: Thanks for meeting with us. We have an offer for you for Billy Frampton. We will offer you a future second round pick. How's that sound?
Chris Davies: What makes you think Billy wants to play for the Crows?
Reid: We think he will jump at the chance to play along side such champions of the game as Tex Walker, Josh Jenkins and Jordan Gallucci.
Davies: Bahahahahah..oh wait.
Reid: We also have a very attractive contract offer.
Davies: Well, I'll ask him but I don't think he'll be very keen. He's already got one you see.
Reid: Are you sure he's got one?
Davies: Oh yes it's very nice.
Reid: Can we have a look?
Davies: Of course not. Look, if it makes you feel better, you can have a chat to Billy but I wouldn't advise it.

[Billy and Reid go into another room.....10 minutes later, Reid emerges bleeding from his nose]

Reid: He head butted me.
Davies: I warned you.
Reid: He picked up my manilla folders and threw them across the room.
Davies: Did I mention he's mates with Peter Rohde?
Reid: He grabbed my permanent marker and wrote "w***er" on my forehead.
Davies: I see that. How far did negotiations get.
Reid: I told him I was from the Crows. He then asked if there were any cameras in the room. When I said "no" he went crazy.
Davies: But you were with him for 10 minutes.
Reid: He then locked me in a cupboard and ate my lunch.
Davies: So no contract?
Reid: I don't know. Is that his signature there? I can make out the capital F.
Davies: Yes, he's signed it "F*** you, F*** your club and F*** the Toyota Camry you rode in on. Where is he now? Um, is that your car in the car park?
Reid: Yes. Why? Oh God what's he doing?
Davies: Not easy to tell from here but as far as I can make out he has slashed your tyres and is about to take a dump on your front seat.
Reid: I don't understand, is that a "no"?
Davies: I think it's a "maybe". What I suggest is that you try again tomorrow but next time bring that Megastar Josh Jenkins with you so the 2 of you can mention that Josh is on $750,000 per year and that you're offering Billy $175,000. That should do it.
Reid:Great idea see you tomorrow...... Can you call me a cab?

Have we ever tried Billy at CHB ??
In these days of defensive intercept marks, he'd be a gun I'd have thought
He's played down back before and was awful there. He's a forward.

Plug and play depth is also crucial to any side who is remotely serious about it's premiership credentials. If we move Frampton on and then Dixon goes down early next season for an extended period, we're looking at a forward line with zero presence. Frampton doesn't have to be a gun, he just has to be able to come in and fill a role if we get stuck, and anything more than that is a bonus. We can draft more KPFs in the mean time.

Me too.
I'm well aware of his role in depth, happy to keep him for that. My comment is about people suggesting he should be our KPF going forward

Yes, he should've played more this year when Dixon was out. But for structural reasons. Not because he's some superstar in waiting like half this board seems to think he is.

If Frampton walks to the Crows and we DFA somebody like McBean to replace him, we're probably better off.

Agree 100% with your larger point here, which is that we need to go into next year with some solid KPF depth. But it doesn't necessarily have to be Frampton.
I want us to DFA McBean just to f**k with Glenelg.

I reckon Crows will get Luko. With half their team moving on, including Laird is the rumour, they will have plenty of draft picks/ players to satisfy GCS.

Crows have other problems. Who would want to go there at the moment unless they get Leigh Matthews or Paul Roos as a coach.

Here We go again

Essendon is chasing Port Adelaide midfielder Sam Powell-Pepper, reports 7 News Melbourne.

Powell-Pepper, taken with Pick 18 in the 2016 draft, is contracted to the Power until the end of the 2020 season.
But there’s been ample speculation the 21-year-old has attracted interest from rival clubs and the Power would be open to trading him for the right deal.
“He is the one player I would absolutely put on the trade table apart from Ollie Wines which I got wrong already and I’d make that a priority. He’s contracted, got a year to go, but he’s got some attributes that are welcome at AFL level,” Cornes told SEN SA Breakfast.
More ..

Essendon are s**t to deal with ... lets do the same .. :)

Cornes talks crap sometimes

Paddy Ryder met with Essendon today apparently. To be honest it's pretty pissweak that he'd consider going back there after he used their treatment of him as a card to get him out of his contract early. Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out Paddy, I look forward to booing you next year.

Paddy Ryder met with Essendon today apparently. To be honest it's pretty pissweak that he'd consider going back there after he used their treatment of him as a card to get him out of his contract early. Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out Paddy, I look forward to booing you next year.

Spot on - the more players like this that we can move on from the club, the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin Reid: Thanks for meeting with us. We have an offer for you for Billy Frampton. We will offer you a future second round pick. How's that sound?
Chris Davies: What makes you think Billy wants to play for the Crows?
Reid: We think he will jump at the chance to play along side such champions of the game as Tex Walker, Josh Jenkins and Jordan Gallucci.
Davies: Bahahahahah..oh wait.
Reid: We also have a very attractive contract offer.
Davies: Well, I'll ask him but I don't think he'll be very keen. He's already got one you see.
Reid: Are you sure he's got one?
Davies: Oh yes it's very nice.
Reid: Can we have a look?
Davies: Of course not. Look, if it makes you feel better, you can have a chat to Billy but I wouldn't advise it.

[Billy and Reid go into another room.....10 minutes later, Reid emerges bleeding from his nose]

Reid: He head butted me.
Davies: I warned you.
Reid: He picked up my manilla folders and threw them across the room.
Davies: Did I mention he's mates with Peter Rohde?
Reid: He grabbed my permanent marker and wrote "w***er" on my forehead.
Davies: I see that. How far did negotiations get.
Reid: I told him I was from the Crows. He then asked if there were any cameras in the room. When I said "no" he went crazy.
Davies: But you were with him for 10 minutes.
Reid: He then locked me in a cupboard and ate my lunch.
Davies: So no contract?
Reid: I don't know. Is that his signature there? I can make out the capital F.
Davies: Yes, he's signed it "F*** you, F*** your club and F*** the Toyota Camry you rode in on. Where is he now? Um, is that your car in the car park?
Reid: Yes. Why? Oh God what's he doing?
Davies: Not easy to tell from here but as far as I can make out he has slashed your tyres and is about to take a dump on your front seat.
Reid: I don't understand, is that a "no"?
Davies: I think it's a "maybe". What I suggest is that you try again tomorrow but next time bring that Megastar Josh Jenkins with you so the 2 of you can mention that Josh is on $750,000 per year and that you're offering Billy $175,000. That should do it.
Reid:Great idea see you tomorrow...... Can you call me a cab?
Brilliant stuff.

I want to trade for future crows picks.

I'd also like to get this years Crows pick off of Carlton.

Imagine the schadenfreude if he becomes a gun!

In reality though I am happy to trade out of this weak draft in favour of young guns.

Let the Crows sell the farm to try and trade into a weak draft and "do a Port" from 2019 without realising that we targetted a strong draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back