List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be fun being a young tall forward... based on how your most recent game went you're either a) the future of the club and the next warren tredrea, or b) someone who should be traded immediately

My mistake for not wording it well because of my disappointment with today's performance. I should have said something like 'Today's performance from Marshall only solidifies what I have thought of his entire season'. The assessments of the other players are also based on what I have seen of them this season.

Still, its possibly harsh to judge a kid who has been through so much so young. I just don't see the next leader of our tall offensive unit in him though. I hope to be proven wrong because we are running out of time and options.

My mistake for not wording it well because of my disappointment with today's performance. I should have said something like 'Today's performance from Marshall only solidifies what I have thought of his entire season'. The assessments of the other players are also based on what I have seen of them this season.

Still, its possibly harsh to judge a kid who has been through so much so young. I just don't see the next leader of our tall offensive unit in him though. I hope to be proven wrong because we are running out of time and options.

Yeah to be fair I probably shouldn't have quoted your post when I said that, was referring more to the general overreacting sentiment of people.

I don't think Todd will be a #1 big forward, one of his biggest strengths is how good he is below his knees, he can just about play as a small too. He is a #2 or even #3 option that could be a game winner with half decent structure

Yeah to be fair I probably shouldn't have quoted your post when I said that, was referring more to the general overreacting sentiment of people.

I don't think Todd will be a #1 big forward, one of his biggest strengths is how good he is below his knees, he can just about play as a small too. He is a #2 or even #3 option that could be a game winner with half decent structure
We should be seeing what we can get for him.

I thought Frampton looked okay, lead well, held a few, had a big war wound that would have impacted marking.

Marshall is the elephant in the room, I’m just not seeing it, I don’t have the love a lot here do. I can see why we are desperate to land Lukocious. We are screwed

We could live without all three, just saying. It will have absolutely no bearing on the next 5 years.

Nothing will have a bearing on anything while we keep everything the way it is currently. No matter the game plan, no matter the players, the way things have unfolded has been like groundhog day.

I thought Frampton looked okay, lead well, held a few, had a big war wound that would have impacted marking.

Marshall is the elephant in the room, I’m just not seeing it, I don’t have the love a lot here do. I can see why we are desperate to land Lukocious. We are screwed
I have been watching Port AFL replays, and thought Marshall played ok in them, leading, tackling and kicking goals. Maybe the SANFL is not his go. Hard to tell.

I agree that Billy was OK, with dropped marks and double grabs ruining what would have been a very good performance. His goal kicking also deserted him a bit. It's a confidence thing. The good thing is he mostly gets himself in the right spot.

Marshall was poor, but his movement down back, surprising as it was with McKenzie going forward, did see him improve a smidge IMO.
Is there a key backman spot available in the AFL? There is. It may be easier, as a backman, for Marshall to tune up to AFL standard in the backlines, before moving back forward. A sort of "reverse Hooker" from Essendon.

I was also disappointed with Hayes, who gave a featureless performance.

I'm a Frampton fan but s**t even I wouldn't give him 3 years, if he & Fogarty actually perform well at Adelaide as a duo with mongrel & we continue to s**t truck up forward with our talls though man s**t will get lit on this board.

If it helps Neale and Laird would either be at Hawthorn or playing SANFL by now had we picked them.

I dunno. Neale's a midget and Laird is a half back flanker. Both would've thrived under Ken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also to the Marshall bashers, he kicked 7 goals in his last 4 games of AFL. He can play. An off game in a different league in a game where he was thrown all over the ground and the entire side kicked six goals between them is hardly panic stations.

I agree that Billy was OK, with dropped marks and double grabs ruining what would have been a very good performance. His goal kicking also deserted him a bit. It's a confidence thing. The good thing is he mostly gets himself in the right spot.

Marshall was poor, but his movement down back, surprising as it was with McKenzie going forward, did see him improve a smidge IMO.
Is there a key backman spot available in the AFL? There is. It may be easier, as a backman, for Marshall to tune up to AFL standard in the backlines, before moving back forward. A sort of "reverse Hooker" from Essendon.

I was also disappointed with Hayes, who gave a featureless performance.

A reverse hooker sounds like something on Urban Dictionary.

Talk of Jenkins coming here I’m assuming is a joke but in all seriousness I’d trade frampton for Jenkins in a heartbeat.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Jenkins didn't do anything till he was 24-25, at Framptons age he was dumped by Essendon for a packet of chips. I'm not saying he's going to make it, but guys like him and Marshall are worth investing some more time into, and I'd rather them than a guy on his last legs

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'm a Frampton fan but s**t even I wouldn't give him 3 years, if he & Fogarty actually perform well at Adelaide as a duo with mongrel & we continue to s**t truck up forward with our talls though man s**t will get lit on this board.

Imagine half these players with a different coach, not just 'olde' mate Kenny. That's the interesting one with Frampton, what would he be like under a different coach and game style, 'bomb it on head' doesn't suit everyone....

So Atley, Drew, Marshall, Frampton and co should have played and we should have shifted out Dixon, Wines and others....

LOL

Hi, you guys have been linked to Laird. I assume he has approached Port as I can't see you guys headhunting Crows players. I see some Port fans are for it and some against. If a player of Lairds quality wants to play for you I think you just have to get the deal done even if he isn't a need. Having said that some on the Crows board are wanting 2 1st rounders which imo would be way overs. I know he is still contracted but they look like they are going to have a fire sale with multiple players wanting out and that is not dealing from a position of strength. Good luck. Extremely good drafting last year.
Oh, and you need to fire whoever was responsible for signing up Rocky.

I think there are at least 3 or 4 diff types in the Crows backline who would be more useful for us. Talia, Keath, Doedee, Smith, Milera...

Laird is not particularly good, and I think Crows fans have started to see that too. Bit like your Brandon Ellis, racks up the ball but very limited skills.

Hi, you guys have been linked to Laird. I assume he has approached Port as I can't see you guys headhunting Crows players. I see some Port fans are for it and some against. If a player of Lairds quality wants to play for you I think you just have to get the deal done even if he isn't a need. Having said that some on the Crows board are wanting 2 1st rounders which imo would be way overs. I know he is still contracted but they look like they are going to have a fire sale with multiple players wanting out and that is not dealing from a position of strength. Good luck. Extremely good drafting last year.
Oh, and you need to fire whoever was responsible for signing up Rocky.
Laird to Port won't happen. We won't do business because both sides would be trying to screw each other over, it just isn't practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back