Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
We know what 2021 is going to look like. We need to be already well done the track of luring some trade targets for 2022.
I’ll start with one, Kane Farrell from Port Adelaide. Got dropped this week and is in a stacked team.
I can easily see him playing half back for us. Has one of the best left boots in the comp. 22 years old.
Who do you think we should target?

captainMyCaptain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
We obviously need to bring speed in and that will remain the case regardless of who we might lose at the end of the year.
When it comes to free agents on the upper end would look at Zach Merrett and on the lower end guys like Lin Jong and Brendon Ah Chee.

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
The names I would consider:
DEF: ryan burton, JJ, bailey williams*, ed richards*, kamdyn mcintosh*
MID: zac bailey, zach merrett*, sam flanders*, lachie hunter, kane lambert, jeremy sharp*
FWD: jarrod cameron, ben ronke*, shai bolton*, daniel rioli*, jarrod brander*
* = OOC

Personally i think KMc would be a good fit. Great runner with experience. Not flashy and just does his job week in week out in a premiership quality team. We dont have any cohesion in our team, anyone that has leadership, can run and is team oriented would be a big help.

In term of our oversaturation of inside mids - ward needs to play defence, cogs/taranto need to rotate forward with hopper/green playing full time mid. If we cant sort ourselves out, my preferred trade would be Cogs which I dont see happening. That leaves likely a Hopper vs Taranto situation. Based on form this yr, I think Hopper has been the better player and unfortunately leaves Taranto as a potential trade for us 👎

Last edited:

fridgeman

Club Legend
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Early in the season for this but at least it is a distraction from the teams performance and instills hope
I would say 4 required attributes
Speed
Experience 100 games
Good ball user

I would love Shai Bolton as he is so damaging with the ball but not sure on the defensive side of his game, others from the Tigers would be Short or Baker although not sure on the contract situation of them

I think equally important is finding an experienced assistant to come in and hopefully the club is sounding out some well regarded assistants already and hopefully the AFL provides some kind of allowance for staff housing expenses
Not sure on any names but from a successful program and several years in the job and potential to take over from Leon depending on the season the club has

Danny88

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
MID: zac bailey, zach merrett*, sam flanders*, lachie hunter, kane lambert, jeremy sharp*
* = OOC

Personally i think KMc would be a good fit. Great runner with experience. Not flashy and just does his job week in week out in a premiership quality team. We dont have any cohesion in our team, anyone that has leadership, can run and is team oriented would be a big help.

In term of our oversaturation of inside mids - ward needs to play defence, cogs/taranto need to rotate forward with hopper/green playing full time mid. If we cant sort ourselves out, my preferred trade would be Cogs which I dont see happening. That leaves likely a Hopper vs Taranto situation. Based on form this yr, I think Hopper has been the better player and unfortunately leaves Taranto as a potential trade for us 👎
Pull your head in

No way we chose to trade Taranto

Danny88

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
* = OOC

Sam Flanders will be a great get

loved him in his draft year

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
I’d like Zach Merret, Zac Bailey and Daniel Rioli. And also target another quality big defender.
Then draft the quickest quality mid we can.

If it means we trade out an inside mid, so be it.

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
Jordan Clark - will probably be in and out of the Geelong’s 22 again this year. Comes out of contract at the end of 2022. I’d love to lure him over although, he may prefer to return to WA.

Giant Strides

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Would love him at GWS - wanted him in his draft year, and last year as part payment for Jezza. Think we've blown our chance there.

Witherden would have been a decent pickup (although not speedy, but decent disposal & composure) - hasn't been used by WCE this year after going there for more opportunity!

Remove this Banner Ad