List Mgmt. Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
We know what 2021 is going to look like. We need to be already well done the track of luring some trade targets for 2022.
I’ll start with one, Kane Farrell from Port Adelaide. Got dropped this week and is in a stacked team.
I can easily see him playing half back for us. Has one of the best left boots in the comp. 22 years old.
Who do you think we should target?

We obviously need to bring speed in and that will remain the case regardless of who we might lose at the end of the year.
When it comes to free agents on the upper end would look at Zach Merrett and on the lower end guys like Lin Jong and Brendon Ah Chee.

I’d be sussing out Daniel Rioli after being dropped today.

The names I would consider:
DEF: ryan burton, JJ, bailey williams*, ed richards*, kamdyn mcintosh*
MID: zac bailey, zach merrett*, sam flanders*, lachie hunter, kane lambert, jeremy sharp*
FWD: jarrod cameron, ben ronke*, shai bolton*, daniel rioli*, jarrod brander*
* = OOC

Personally i think KMc would be a good fit. Great runner with experience. Not flashy and just does his job week in week out in a premiership quality team. We dont have any cohesion in our team, anyone that has leadership, can run and is team oriented would be a big help.

In term of our oversaturation of inside mids - ward needs to play defence, cogs/taranto need to rotate forward with hopper/green playing full time mid. If we cant sort ourselves out, my preferred trade would be Cogs which I dont see happening. That leaves likely a Hopper vs Taranto situation. Based on form this yr, I think Hopper has been the better player and unfortunately leaves Taranto as a potential trade for us 👎

Last edited:
Early in the season for this but at least it is a distraction from the teams performance and instills hope
I would say 4 required attributes
Speed
Experience 100 games
Good ball user

I would love Shai Bolton as he is so damaging with the ball but not sure on the defensive side of his game, others from the Tigers would be Short or Baker although not sure on the contract situation of them

I think equally important is finding an experienced assistant to come in and hopefully the club is sounding out some well regarded assistants already and hopefully the AFL provides some kind of allowance for staff housing expenses
Not sure on any names but from a successful program and several years in the job and potential to take over from Leon depending on the season the club has

MID: zac bailey, zach merrett*, sam flanders*, lachie hunter, kane lambert, jeremy sharp*
* = OOC

Personally i think KMc would be a good fit. Great runner with experience. Not flashy and just does his job week in week out in a premiership quality team. We dont have any cohesion in our team, anyone that has leadership, can run and is team oriented would be a big help.

In term of our oversaturation of inside mids - ward needs to play defence, cogs/taranto need to rotate forward with hopper/green playing full time mid. If we cant sort ourselves out, my preferred trade would be Cogs which I dont see happening. That leaves likely a Hopper vs Taranto situation. Based on form this yr, I think Hopper has been the better player and unfortunately leaves Taranto as a potential trade for us 👎
Pull your head in

No way we chose to trade Taranto

* = OOC

Sam Flanders will be a great get

loved him in his draft year

I’d like Zach Merret, Zac Bailey and Daniel Rioli. And also target another quality big defender.
Then draft the quickest quality mid we can.

If it means we trade out an inside mid, so be it.

Jordan Clark - will probably be in and out of the Geelong’s 22 again this year. Comes out of contract at the end of 2022. I’d love to lure him over although, he may prefer to return to WA.

Would love him at GWS - wanted him in his draft year, and last year as part payment for Jezza. Think we've blown our chance there.

Witherden would have been a decent pickup (although not speedy, but decent disposal & composure) - hasn't been used by WCE this year after going there for more opportunity!

Hey Guys/ Gals

Rumors of you guys being into Coleman-Jones are heating up with one of our best posters stating last night that you guys are well and truly trying to lure him across.

He is the best tall on our list that isnt playing seniors so I cant see us giving him up easily and I dont think we would want a pick.

Any ideas what you guys may have available for trade at years end?

I mentioned on our board that I would offer CCJ and one of our 1st rounders for Green?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Guys/ Gals

Rumors of you guys being into Coleman-Jones are heating up with one of our best posters stating last night that you guys are well and truly trying to lure him across.

He is the best tall on our list that isnt playing seniors so I cant see us giving him up easily and I dont think we would want a pick.

I mentioned on our board that I would offer CCJ and one of our 1st rounders for Green?
You won’t get Green for CCJ and pick 18

We need to retain players not trade them out. Second round pick

Hey Guys/ Gals

Nope. Green future captain and has already extended.

Hey Guys/ Gals

I reckon you are overstating his value a fair way here.....

If he wants to leave for more opportunity what choice do you have??

Player is out of contract.

Player has barely played a game.

These guys usually go for mid second round picks, tops.

Not being a smart ass, but where I have overstated his value?

The reports are a late first rounder is on offer and more the one club sees that as his value.

Given you guys have courted him before, you clearly see the same level of potential we do and given our lack of tall depth, he wont be cheap.

Rucks that are a genuine forward threat are pretty rare.

Hey Guys/ Gals

Been a lot of talk about Academies so will trade you Sproule especially since you need some forward help, another back you could use on your list which will really hurt our list to do this but will include Buntine

So GWS trade ;

Sproule
Buntine
4th Rd. pick

Tigers trade ;

Coleman-Jones
Future 2nd Rd

Been a lot of talk about Academies so will trade you Sproule especially since you need some forward help, another back you could use on your list which will really hurt our list to do this but will include Buntine

So GWS trade ;

Sproule
Buntine
4th Rd. pick

Tigers trade ;

Coleman-Jones
Future 2nd Rd

I dont know enough about those lads to have an opinion sorry mate

Not being a smart ass, but where I have overstated his value?

The reports are a late first rounder is on offer and more the one club sees that as his value.

Given you guys have courted him before, you clearly see the same level of potential we do and given our lack of tall depth, he wont be cheap.

Rucks that are a genuine forward threat are pretty rare.
He hasn't played mate.... tell me why he is worth so much? Peter wright goes for a late 4th round pick, Darcy Cameron (and pick 62) goes to the pies for pick 56.....

I don't really see how this kids isn't worth something similar

He hasn't played mate.... tell me why he is worth so much? Peter wright goes for a late 4th round pick, Darcy Cameron (and pick 62) goes to the pies for pick 56.....

I don't really see how this kids isn't worth something similar

He has been playing for the most successful club in the game since he was drafted. He isnt going to knock out the likes of Jack R or Tom Lynch and likie most young rucks he couldnt play no 1 ruck from day 1.

Your club much like mine clearly sees the potential in him. Late first rounder is what we paid and he's now spend a few years in one of the best development clubs of recent years.

He has also played very good VFL footy show casing his potential.

Its also the media suggesting you guys are floating a first for him, it wasnt me.

He has been playing for the most successful club in the game since he was drafted. He isnt going to knock out the likes of Jack R or Tom Lynch and likie most young rucks he couldnt play no 1 ruck from day 1.

Your club much like mine clearly sees the potential in him. Late first rounder is what we paid and he's now spend a few years in one of the best development clubs of recent years.

He has also played very good VFL footy show casing his potential.

Its also the media suggesting you guys are floating a first for him, it wasnt me.

Yeah we aren’t paying a 1st, no matter how late, for him and we certainly are not giving up a young star, especially a local.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back