List Mgmt. Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm yeah ok I guess so.

You aren’t getting Green. You realise this yeah?
He has already signed an extension.

Hahaha sure mate, just floated his name as the type of young player we need.

You do realise plenty of contracts get broken these days though yeah? ;)

Hahaha sure mate, just floated his name as the type of young player we need.

You do realise plenty of contracts get broken these days though yeah? ;)

Just making sure, what with the North fans and Kelly etc you can never be too sure with the mindset of some fans.

The player can request an out, which I very much doubt he will be a local, an academy player and best 22.

Just making sure, what with the North fans and Kelly etc you can never be too sure with the mindset of some fans.

The player can request an out, which I very much doubt he will be a local, an academy player and best 22.

All Good mate.

FWIW we need to keep CCJ, our lack of quality developing talls is alarming. If you have a young quality KPD that you can spare, that may also be of interest

He has been playing for the most successful club in the game since he was drafted. He isnt going to knock out the likes of Jack R or Tom Lynch and likie most young rucks he couldnt play no 1 ruck from day 1.

Your club much like mine clearly sees the potential in him. Late first rounder is what we paid and he's now spend a few years in one of the best development clubs of recent years.

He has also played very good VFL footy show casing his potential.

Its also the media suggesting you guys are floating a first for him, it wasnt me.
No chance

a late second is overs

who cares if he plays on a list at a successful club, he hasn’t proven anything at afl level and as far as draft position... I can vouch that means nothing when a player wants out

all he has to do is say publicly he wants a trade and you have no power at the trade table... happens to us all the time

I reckon the CCJ rumour is just a furphy - something dredged up from the past. Having traded for Preuss, and with young rucks Flynn & Briggs on the list (both looking quite good), we have no need for a 4th ruck. We also don't need a forward, until we see how Hogan & Riccardi pan out. The only thing would be if we were looking to turn him into a KPD, which is where we do have a need ... but I doubt that.

But no way are we giving up a rolled gold young mid in Tom Green for CCJ.

Just looking at that thread on the Tigers' board, essentially it stems from fear that CCJ isn't getting a game, isn't signed for next year, and will leave for more opportunity. So their posters are desperately looking for a trade option in their favour. Hence Tom Green, who's been a favourite target for Tigers posters since his draft year. Kelly gets a mention too, Hopper & Whitfield make cameo appearances as ''would like to get'', and Sam Taylor as well. Even Toby gets a mention, though not as a trade for CCJ.

Just looking at that thread on the Tigers' board, essentially it stems from fear that CCJ isn't getting a game, isn't signed for next year, and will leave for more opportunity. So their posters are desperately looking for a trade option in their favour. Hence Tom Green, who's been a favourite target for Tigers posters since his draft year. Kelly gets a mention too, Hopper & Whitfield make cameo appearances as ''would like to get'', and Sam Taylor as well. Even Toby gets a mention, though not as a trade for CCJ.

They are still dreamers even with all those flags.

Any discussion that asks what a BF poster thinks a player is worth in a trade and then moves on to telling them they're wrong is a dumb discussion for the simple fact we've all just got opinions and none of them matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually comes from this article

RIVAL CLUBS CIRLCE TIGER CUB

Richmond young tall Callum Coleman-Jones is reportedly set to be a figure of interest in the coming off-season, as clubs look to adapt to a lack of tall prospects in this year’s national draft.

Jones, taken with pick 20 in the 2017 draft, has managed only one game at senior level given the form the side’s tall timbre has been in across its premiership run, and is yet to be signed beyond 2021.

Additionally, the 21-year-old had been serving a 10-game AFL suspension for his COVID-19 rules breach during his side’s time in the Queensland hub last year.

The Herald Sun reports rival clubs are keeping an eye on Coleman-Jones, with Greater Western Sydney having already attempted to lure him out of Tigerland in recent years.

Some clubs are prepared to offer up late first-round selections in a bid to secure his services, the report details.

Richmond young tall Callum Coleman-Jones is reportedly set to be a figure of interest in the coming off-season, as clubs look to adapt to a lack of tall prospects in this year’s national draft.

Jones, taken with pick 20 in the 2017 draft, has managed only one game at senior level given the form the side’s tall timbre has been in across its premiership run, and is yet to be signed beyond 2021.

Additionally, the 21-year-old had been serving a 10-game AFL suspension for his COVID-19 rules breach during his side’s time in the Queensland hub last year.

The Herald Sun reports rival clubs are keeping an eye on Coleman-Jones, with Greater Western Sydney having already attempted to lure him out of Tigerland in recent years.

Some clubs are prepared to offer up late first-round selections in a bid to secure his services, the report details.

If he can string some games together in the 1sts you would get more out of him than Lynch

Yeah recent years. Since then Flynn And Briggs have developed and we have brought in Preuss.
Can’t see is continuing to go for him now.

I’m looking around the league at what tall backs are available, out of contract and young

it’s not a long list. Perhaps we can pry a key tall out fromgoldcoast

Alex sexton from gold coast

is a medium forward with great talent... gee we would look dangerous with him... he is like a mini Toby

Alex sexton from gold coast

is a medium forward with great talent... gee we would look dangerous with him... he is like a mini Toby
Definitely on the outer at Gold Coast. At his age, not a long term option - so you'll have the perennial question of playing youth vs playing him - but if you looked at him as replacing Dan Lloyd for a few extra years then he might be a decent pickup. They have similar stats, 2 years younger. I reckon he'd split opinion as to whether he was worth it.

We
Definitely on the outer at Gold Coast. At his age, not a long term option - so you'll have the perennial question of playing youth vs playing him - but if you looked at him as replacing Dan Lloyd for a few extra years then he might be a decent pickup. They have similar stats, 2 years younger. I reckon he'd split opinion as to whether he was worth it.
The criticisms of his defensive pressure are fair enough. It is why he isn't playing right now. He is 27, thats a footballer's prime. If he is competing for LLoyd's spot im ok with that... may the best man win

We need some more agile pressure players. When you watch the likes of Tippa from Essendon and see their defensive will to aggressively hunt with repeat efforts you see their value.

We kind of have that player, his name is Bobby Hill and he is developing that part of his game beautifully.

He just needs to show a bit more composure with the ball and finish his hard work.

If he can he can be a game winner but as we don’t yet know if he will we need one or two more like him.

I’d love a zippy guy like Jack Petruccelli. Those guys who can separate with speed are very valuable as we have enough blokes who can extract and get the ball.

We also might need another key defender unless Jake Riccardi can be developed into this role.

If there was a bloke I would throw the chequebook at it would be Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti. There is not a more underrated bloke in footy then him.

If you go to a game and see his energy and hunger to tackle and put pressure on again and again (often un-rewarded) it’s just amazing and he is so tough, he just hurls himself into his work and puts his body on the line.

The guy is an absolute jet and I bet he’s not being paid very well as he seems a pretty simple bloke that just plays for love.

Give that bloke a strong offer, he would be a difference maker.

Last edited:
Looking at this again... I’m stoked to see the development of that backline so I’m really thinking the area of need is pace on a wing
But I’m not sure what’s out there that’s worth getting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back