News Trade Week & DFA's Chat - Non Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

For a player that's done so little even when injury free he seems to have led a pretty charmed AFL career.
Markov was quite strong back end of the season ......but his MO was simply tucking the ball under his arm and running ....I'm guessing that wasn't always in sync with the gameplan Dew wanted

Markov was quite strong back end of the season ......but his MO was simply tucking the ball under his arm and running ....I'm guessing that wasn't always in sync with the gameplan Dew wanted
I was referring to Cockatoo...Markov has probably outperformed him.

I was referring to Cockatoo...Markov has probably outperformed him.
Another Stephen Wells special? The early 2010s weren't his finest drafting times.

Smedts, Thurlow, Lang, Cockatoo, Fogarty all taken in the first round picks.

People on here complain about Hamish's strike rate with early picks, but like Wells, he's done really well with later picks.

Another Stephen Wells special? The early 2010s weren't his finest drafting times.

Smedts, Thurlow, Lang, Cockatoo, Fogarty all taken in the first round picks.

People on here complain about Hamish's strike rate with early picks, but like Wells, he's done really well with later picks.
Spot on ......GEEL were fortunate to hit gold in 2 consecutive Drafts .....IIRC those two drafts supplied 5-6 Premiership Players

Then add the Father / Son selections, which GEEL have been very strong on ......nothing to do with Wells

How many Father / Sons have we had .....certainly no Ablett / Hawkins / Scarlett .....all in the same side !

For a player that's done so little even when injury free he seems to have led a pretty charmed AFL career.
Very true, I just did a deep dive and he has had eerily similar stats to Ned McHenry over 49 games, a little worse in most categories. The main difference is Ned has tallied his totals over 3 seasons, and Nakia has been on an AFL list for 8.

Ned's output isn't spectacular so far, but imagine if it took him 2.5x longer to achieve it, and is still in the AFL!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Geelong media mafia love to over-rate their fringe list-cloggers. Add Cockatoo to the Dean Gore hall of fame.

Quinton Narkle is another one. The way the media go on about him, he's a potential All Australian.
I'd give Narkle a shot way before Cockatoo that said.

Delisted free agents can be signed by anyone at the moment? But all other nominating players need to be signed through the draft process?

Just getting my head around what is currently happening!
That's correct

Remove this Banner Ad

Back