Analysis Trade week in gifs and memes

Remove this Banner Ad

Here Chris, I'll trade you these delicious second round picks for that crummy old future first round pick.
6c2npz5.jpg
Ext thret plz, "furture"

Can we just have a thread for the entire offseason in gifs and memes? I feel like I would be able to cope with Port a little bit better if that was in my life.

[Chris Davies and Jason Cripps at the end of season 2017 when Port finishes bottom 8]
Davies: How does this work, Jason?
Cripps: The good picks keep moving in a circle.
Davies: But- But we don't have any good picks. All we have is this [holds up names of list cloggers]. How does this work, dude?
Cripps: I don't know. I thought you-
Davies: What? I thought you were on top of this!
Cripps: You're the one that came up with the plan!
Davies: Did I come up with this plan?
Cripps: Last year, dude, with the top four list and the-
Davies: Oh, I blacked out that night.
Cripps: s**t, dude! I've been following your lead!
Davies: Oh, Jesus. Oh, s**t.
Cripps: Okay, so we have no players with currency and no first round picks. There's still something we can do. That's still a list management strategy somehow.
Davies: How does GWS do it? They've got a complicated system worked out and I cannot begin to understand it.
Cripps: How does self-sustaining trading work?
Davies: I don't understand how trading works, much less some sort of a self-sustaining trading strategy… I don't understand how contracts work.

View attachment 301732

Cripps and Davies burst into Gold Coast and Hawthorn's O'Meara trade discussions tomorrow:

Cripps and Davies: Scam, scam! This guy's a liar! You're getting scammed!
Scott Clayton (GC list manager): Hey, what's going on here?
Cripps: I'll tell you what's going on.
Davies: We are saving these people from two years of draft pick rape.
Clayton: Oh, hey, if you want your fourth rounder back, all you have to do is say so. Look, you just, uh, sign this release form, pay a 2017 second rounder penalty fee, our #67 will shift back to you, and then you're free and clear.
Davies: That's it? All we've got to do is sign the document? Can we do that?
Cripps: Yeah, does that mean we get our first round pick back?
Clayton: Oh, no, no, I'm afraid I can't help you there. That pick swap was ironclad. I'm just relieved you didn't see the old ... opt-out clause.
Cripps: Wait a second. He just subtly motioned to this document here-- opt-out.
Clayton: Oh, no. Oh, crap, I've said too much.
Davies: "Trader may opt out of the trade within 72 hours for one-time cancellation fee of Ollie Wines."
Clayton: You figured it out.
Cripps: You didn't think we were gonna see this, but we outsmarted you.
Davies: Yeah. We're a couple of foxes. All right, you got got! So suck on that little piece of sweetness.
Clayton: Should have known better than to get involved with a couple sharks like you two.

CD: Three draft picks within the top 30!

Port fans: Yay!

CD: All Right! Yeah, well, I guess I'll be on my way

TV: Those two extra picks inside the top 30 have cost Port it's first rounder for 2017.

Port fans: Hey, …

CD: Huh?

Port fans: … that's not a good deal

CD: Yeah, maybe not technically, but …

Port fans: You said we'd be aggressive in the trade period and trade out up to 13 players.

CD: Oh, come on. Guys! That's just as good!

24f9d9f11a5fefa29578c6733a5137cd.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back