Trade Week: The Rumour Mill Continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you'd take a player that wants to spend some time with his dying grandmother? That's a fairly low act.

What?

He can't spend time with her anyway if he truly wanted to??

Pretty low accusation to throw at somebody.

Hutchy saying the Ebert deal will go something like this:

WC gain: Josh Hill
WC lose: Ebert

GWS gain: Brogan and Cornes
GWS lose: Picks?

Port gain: Ebert
Port lose: Brogan and Cornes

Bulldogs gain: Picks?
Bulldogs lose: Hill

Surely this could not be true? Port are getting Ebert for free basically. There has to be picks involved from Port, surely?
Lol no chance. Eagles would be better off sending Ebert to the PSD than taking Hill for him.

From Fox Sports trade week blog:

EBERT DEAL DONE: REPORT
Michelangelo Rucci of The Advertiser is reporting that West Coast have agreed upon a deal to send Brad Ebert to Port Adelaide. Rucci writes on the AdelaideNow website:
Brad Ebert is a Port Adelaide player. West Coast and the Power have agreed to trade the 21-year-old midfielder - and it will cost Port its priority pick of No. 28. There will be other draft picks involved in the final deal which could include two AFL rivals, Greater Western Sydney and the Western Bulldogs. Port will unload retired premiership pair Chad Cornes and Dean Brogan to the Giants. West Coast will gain forward Josh Hill from the Bulldogs.

Well if we go by that article essendon, north and the dogs aren't interested.

saints don't have a coach so it can't be us.. pies and hawks with cloke/buddy and presumably tight caps you would doubt.. does geelong even count as a melbourne-based club? tigers look pretty set with riewoldt and vickery, the demons were pretty upset by casey signing him and would have a lot better contacts re his state of mind than going via his management.. bombers roos and dogs already ruled out... so it can only mean that.. Fev's going back to Carlton!*

*more likely to be tigers dees or hawks imo.. or most likely to be completely made up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Newman was his best man. As a player, you could definitely make a case for him. Riewoldt roams, Fev in the square.

Problem is, playing well hasn't been the issue.

Rookies can be finalised up until March. A bloke overlooked in the ND, PSD, most of the rookie draft in a crap draft year, or someone who could kick 60 goals for you, for < $100k.

More likely that a club will ask him to do a preseason first. Doing Kokoda was a pretty good sign and he is clearly not chasing big $. No idea what his body is like. He was useless in his last few games for the Lions.

The bloke can play... I'd leave it to the club, and hope someone rolls the dice, but gee it'd be a hair-trigger termination clause in his contract

Maybe there was no offer for Fev, sounds stupid and is stupid. But his manager might of tried to spark some interest by creating a fake rumour. Won't work, but a team really should give him a chance. If North's average age was 2 seasons worth of games older he'd almost be perfect for us.

But the perfect team for him is Carlton, too bad he burnt that bridge, not really any other contenders that require his services. Fevola/Mitch Clarke forward structure could be interesting.

saints don't have a coach so it can't be us.. pies and hawks with cloke/buddy and presumably tight caps you would doubt.. does geelong even count as a melbourne-based club? tigers look pretty set with riewoldt and vickery, the demons were pretty upset by casey signing him and would have a lot better contacts re his state of mind than going via his management.. bombers roos and dogs already ruled out... so it can only mean that.. Fev's going back to Carlton!*

*more likely to be tigers dees or hawks imo.. or most likely to be completely made up

Richmond don't want him either.

You'd probably have to say it'd be Melbourne at this stage though. They've made their intentions pretty clear this trade week with their attempts at Dawes and Clark.

I dunno about that, with the state of their list you'd think not. Dawes and Clark make sense given that their 23-24, fits right into their window you'd think. Fev being 30 odd... not so much.

We all think we got unders for Gunston; Noble alluded that it was part of a puzzle.

What are the chances of;

Armstrong & #37 to Sydney
Lisle to Sydney

#~45 to Hawthorn
Johnston to Adelaide

That looks realistic to me, anybody else?

Unlikely I'd suspect, now that Renouf has moved on. We were only ever planning on using minimum picks in the draft (one to upgrade Bruest), and as of now I believe we have 33, 53, 58 and 71. I doubt we would want another pick.

I hope it's us. I've got absolutely no qualms with us taking a punt on him, why the hell not?

You'd probably have to say it'd be Melbourne at this stage though. They've made their intentions pretty clear this trade week with their attempts at Dawes and Clark.
He has played at Casey all year, our staff wouldn't need to ring up his management to ask him about his fitness etc.

I dunno about that, with the state of their list you'd think not. Dawes and Clark make sense given that their 23-24, fits right into their window you'd think. Fev being 30 odd... not so much.

I think they are desperate for a big body to help chop out/protect Jurrah, Watts and co.

Plus I think they are keen to start putting some results on the board and get the fans back on side. Melbourne need to make the 8 next year, getting Fevola would help that cause you'd think. Even though he isn't in the ideal age bracket for them, he costs nothing and provides a stop gap for the younger blokes to develop.

It's pretty much down to Melbourne, Collingwood and maybe Geelong - assuming the call actually happened that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back