Trade Week: The Rumour Mill Continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has played at Casey all year, our staff wouldn't need to ring up his management to ask him about his fitness etc.

When did he last play at Casey? A month and a half ago?

Hasn't your staff setup changed in bit in the last few weeks as well? Even if it hasn't, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they'd call up and see how he was doing through a more formal path. Who knows though.

Maybe it is Collingwood, here's hoping :thumbsu:

I wouldn't mind Fev.

Melbourne need one of two things.

A young but established key forward who can take us forward....

OR

An older player who can help develop our younger key forwards and also give us some structure for a couple of years while the young guys emerge.

I think they are desperate for a big body to help chop out/protect Jurrah, Watts and co.

Plus I think they are keen to start putting some results on the board and get the fans back on side. Melbourne need to make the 8 next year, getting Fevola would help that cause you'd think. Even though he isn't in the ideal age bracket for them, he costs nothing and provides a stop gap for the younger blokes to develop.

It's pretty much down to Melbourne, Collingwood and maybe Geelong - assuming the call actually happened that is.

Well in that case its between Melbourne and Geelong,

Collingwood have no spot at all for Fevola, unless you want Dawes playing in the reserves and Cloke having a cry every game cos Fev is in his way.

Collingwood have no spot at all for Fevola, unless you want Dawes playing in the reserves and Cloke having a cry every game cos Fev is in his way.
All the other nonsense aside, how would Fev be in his way when Trav Cloke plays at centre half forward, and Fev out of the goalsquare... Particularly given that in a pack situation, Trav is the bowling ball and the other players are the pins. Nobody really "gets in his way"...

I think they are desperate for a big body to help chop out/protect Jurrah, Watts and co.

Plus I think they are keen to start putting some results on the board and get the fans back on side. Melbourne need to make the 8 next year, getting Fevola would help that cause you'd think. Even though he isn't in the ideal age bracket for them, he costs nothing and provides a stop gap for the younger blokes to develop.

It's pretty much down to Melbourne, Collingwood and maybe Geelong - assuming the call actually happened that is.

true true... its a good point you make, i'd just think that there'd be a bloke in the wafl/snafl/vfl who could play that role who isnt a complete headcase...

makes u wonder why they got rid of miller in that case, he'd have played that role.....

Melbourne had several board meetings internally and with Casey threatning to pull their alignment if they recruited Fev. It got to the stage of an external mediator coming in.

They are absolutely no chance to look at Fev.

I doubt it is Melbourne or the Saints or any other club with a rookie coach. Fev nearly ended Voss.
I agree. More likely to be a club with a senior coach (or senior assistants) and strong leadership who would back themselves to keep him on the straight and narrow. A club that doesn't desperately need a key forward would be better too, where they'd happily keep him in the VFL until he had proved whatever was required, and would sack him if he crossed the line.

I think Hawthorn should take a look buddy and fev.... newly added gunston and Rioli s**t that's a damn good forward line certainly a premiership winning one even if Fev only plays for 2 years.

Can only be a club that thinks they are within sight of a flag, Hawks I reckon - Clarkson would back himself in to handle him and Jeff is out of his way. Roughy to play in the ruck, Fev kicks 40 from FF with Buddy up the ground they would be hard to beat.

Can only be a club that thinks they are within sight of a flag, Hawks I reckon - Clarkson would back himself in to handle him and Jeff is out of his way. Roughy to play in the ruck, Fev kicks 40 from FF with Buddy up the ground they would be hard to beat.

I dont think Roughy enjoyed he's rucking role when asked to do it from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This probably isn't the right thread for it as it doesn't involve a trade, however neither does Fevola so i thought i'd post it in here.. I posted it on the Hawks board, probably deserves it's own thread... however...

"I'd much rather get Andrew Lovett than Brendan Fevola in the PSD. At least Lovett is someone who could benefit our team... His pace is electric! Can't really get my head around why the media are pushing Fevola so hard to make a return to footy when Lovett has flown under the radar? He has a lot more to offer than Fevola, St Kilda picked him up for a reason.. to win a premiership!

I live around the corner from Aami park where i head down to train when i can and i've seen him runningtraining down there every time i've been there lately. I was observing from a distance yesterday when he was training with two guys in suits who had clip boards with them (not sure who they were). After he'd finished his session some guys from the VIS (Victorian Institute of Sport) were doing some 100m sprints back and forward up and down the oval came up to him and asked if he'd like to do some training with them.

He ended up doing some sprints with them and absolutely put them to shame, beat them by about 10-15m on each occasion. He's looking very fit and obviously wants to give playing footy a serious crack. He's only 28 at the moment as well... Him, Rioli, Burgoyne, Smith, Mitchell and Hodge would be something to watch.

Him playing in the midfield would be an excellent addition for a team while they're in the premiership window and we're the type of team who would keep him in line.

He comes across like a really good bloke too, despite what some may think. Always chucking and speaking to random on lookers when they run up to him down there and asking him questions about what his intentions are. I should probably ask him a few myself sometime... Media publicity can often shed a bad light on someone when they want to... idiots!

Anyways, that's my two cents! If we dont give him a crack, i hope someone does. Always was one of my favorite Essendon players in his prime."

Take of it as you will!

I doubt it is Melbourne or the Saints or any other club with a rookie coach. Fev nearly ended Voss.

The key difference here is the method. Unlike Brisbane and Voss, picking Fev up in the RD and paying him a pittance puts almost all the onus on Fev himself. If they drop him at the first sign of trouble, they lose nothing, given that the media know that it's got nothing to do with the culture of the club and everything to do with the small peanut-thing that rattles around inside Brendan's cranium. Heck, even if it is the club's fault Fev'll get the blame anyway.

The appeal for Melbourne in particular is that it's guaranteed bums on seats.

This probably isn't the right thread for it as it doesn't involve a trade, however neither does Fevola so i thought i'd post it in here.. I posted it on the Hawks board, probably deserves it's own thread... however...

"I'd much rather get Andrew Lovett than Brendan Fevola in the PSD. At least Lovett is someone who could benefit our team... His pace is electric! Can't really get my head around why the media are pushing Fevola so hard to make a return to footy when Lovett has flown under the radar? He has a lot more to offer than Fevola, St Kilda picked him up for a reason.. to win a premiership!

I live around the corner from Aami park where i head down to train when i can and i've seen him runningtraining down there every time i've been there lately. I was observing from a distance yesterday when he was training with two guys in suits who had clip boards with them (not sure who they were). After he'd finished his session some guys from the VIS (Victorian Institute of Sport) were doing some 100m sprints back and forward up and down the oval came up to him and asked if he'd like to do some training with them.

He ended up doing some sprints with them and absolutely put them to shame, beat them by about 10-15m on each occasion. He's looking very fit and obviously wants to give playing footy a serious crack. He's only 28 at the moment as well... Him, Rioli, Burgoyne, Smith, Mitchell and Hodge would be something to watch.

Him playing in the midfield would be an excellent addition for a team while they're in the premiership window and we're the type of team who would keep him in line.

He comes across like a really good bloke too, despite what some may think. Always chucking and speaking to random on lookers when they run up to him down there and asking him questions about what his intentions are. I should probably ask him a few myself sometime... Media publicity can often shed a bad light on someone when they want to... idiots!

Anyways, that's my two cents! If we dont give him a crack, i hope someone does. Always was one of my favorite Essendon players in his prime."

Take of it as you will!

From a friend of mine's personal experience with him...he's not. Not even nearly.

I agree that I'd rather Lovett than Fev, but that said, I would projectile vomit if we seriously entertained the thought of either of them.

Rumour that its Lewis Johnstone for Armstrong and Pick 35

Could be a good move by Adelaide.

L.Johnstone very highly rated CHF from the 2008 ND - Something has gone wrong for him to play so few games - But he is an Adelaide boy and could turn his career around.

Could be a good move by Adelaide.

L.Johnstone very highly rated CHF from the 2008 ND - Something has gone wrong for him to play so few games - But he is an Adelaide boy and could turn his career around.

Had a foot injury which really stalled his development, put on 13kgs only to have to get rid of the weight for his foot, so hasn't been able to bulk up.

Is over the injuries now and I would be extremely disappointed as would most Swans fans if we traded him out for that poor a deal considering we just re-signed him 2 months ago.

Has a great set of hands, the best kick at our club, and is very quick on the lead.

Take of it as you will!

He is 29 this year and will be 30 in 2012.

I think he is better suited to Collingwood than Geelong. Dawes and Cloke are very mobile, they both have big tanks and spend a lot of time leading up the wings. They can also both thump a goal from outside 50.

Leigh Brown is less mobile than Dawes and we've managed with him up forward the last two years.

Get Fev, Hawthorn.

Either:

1. Crazy good comedy value

2. Crazy good forward line (Budwah, Cyril, Fev, Lovesick Jack, Breeeuusstttt)

3. Both

He is 29 this year and will be 30 in 2012.

He's 29 in November.. So he'll still be 29 all of next season. Fevola is currently 30 and 31 this coming Jan, and is nowhere near in the same shape or has the athletic ability of Lovett.

So where comparing the two on age and what they have left in the tank, Lovett wins hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back