Trade Week: The Rumour Mill Continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your happy with Fevs off field stuff then I'd think about getting Fev as an insurance policy. Imagine if Franklin and Roughead go down with injury come finals time. You could play Fev then, instead of wasting your Premiership window.

Although that being said would Fev be able to play the defensive side of being a forward, that all the top teams require ...

and we're the type of team who would keep him in line.

!

These kinda quotes makes me laugh ...every body thinks their clubs are the ones to keep the bad boys in line .

Wishful thinking i would imagine...being a knob ..won't change just because of the club they play at.

How did the Hawks go keeping Tuck in line ??

Both Lovett and Fev have burnt their bridges at two clubs already, and there is no indication that they have changed at all ...Fev is still hitting the grog hard and Lovett is still ...well ..Lovett.

These kinda quotes makes me laugh ...every body thinks their clubs are the ones to keep the bad boys in line .

Wishful thinking i would imagine...being a knob ..won't change just because of the club they play at.

Both Lovett and Fev have burnt their bridges at two clubs already, and there is no indication that they have changed at all ...Fev is still hitting the grog hard and Lovett is still ...well ..Lovett.
Umm Tuck's drug use was due to clinical depression not because he was some unruly "bad boy". And the AFL drugs policy results in clubs not being informed about it until after the 3rd strike (which is obviously 3 strikes too late). Tuck suffered silently and this was in no way because Hawthorn couldn't "keep him in line".

I think any Hawk supporter suggesting we chase Fevola or Lovett read Blues_Man's post.

Both are toxic and would do more harm than good to any club stupid enough to recruit them.

Umm Tuck's drug use was due to clinical depression not because he was some unruly "bad boy". And the AFL drugs policy results in clubs not being informed about it until after the 3rd strike (which is obviously 3 strikes too late). Tuck suffered silently and this was in no way because Hawthorn couldn't "keep him in line".

Would have thought he'd approach the President, given his role with beyond blue. But then again, might have feared getting traded to North Melbourne.

And Fev isn't suffering from depression as well?

He spent a month in rehab, lost his wife, kids and has drinking and gambling problems.

Fev sounds like an obvious candidate for depression and I believe even admitted to thinking about suicide.

The only way Fev will end up anywhere is the final pick in someones rookie draft. I suppose if Cousins got a second / third chance Fev should too but Fev strikes me as being seriously imature

yep, but surely if there were any clubs who had a host of players on 1 or 2 strikes - that wouldn't speak very well for the culture of that club.

of course - there's no way of knowing this.... but wouldn't you agree?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t the Crows are cleaning up this week. Johnnston for Armstrong if that is the trade, is a massive win. Ordinary back flanker doesn't compare to a highly regarded key forward at the same stage of their respective careers. Sydney fans would want to hope that Adelaide throw a draft pick in with that.

Would have thought he'd approach the President, given his role with beyond blue. But then again, might have feared getting traded to North Melbourne.
Would seem like a logical thing to do if your head was in the right space. Sadly it very much isn't when you're depressed.

A few hawks players can claim they are clinical depressed considering a few are on strikes.
No one had a clue Tuck had any strikes until he got his third. And no one would have any reason to suspect any other Hawthorn players had strikes if it weren't for mysterious files "found in a gutter outside a clinic". So chances are as good as any that there are players at your and other clubs with strikes to their name we're yet to know about.

And Fev isn't suffering from depression as well?

He spent a month in rehab, lost his wife, kids and has drinking and gambling problems.

Fev sounds like an obvious candidate for depression and I believe even admitted to thinking about suicide.

The only way Fev will end up anywhere is the final pick in someones rookie draft. I suppose if Cousins got a second / third chance Fev should too but Fev strikes me as being seriously imature
Never said he didn't have depression. Merely that Tuck's problem behaviour wasn't a source of being a "bad boy" as Blues_Man inferred.
Fev had been playing up at Carlton long before his life on and off the field fell apart. He may be suffering depression now given the state of his life but I severely doubt he was when he got pissed at the Brownlow a few years back and made an arse of himself and got into deep debt with bookies.

yep, but surely if there were any clubs who had a host of players on 1 or 2 strikes - that wouldn't speak very well for the culture of that club.

of course - there's no way of knowing this.... but wouldn't you agree?
IF there was a host of players on 1 or 2 strikes and IF they weren't big names who've since been delisted, no it wouldn't speak very well. But like I said to helicopter, who knows how many players are on 1 or 2 strikes at other clubs? Not any of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back