List Mgmt. Traded Future Draft Pick Watch (Lions 1st Rnd '19)

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller
Ballard
Bring the attitude for us.
Not sure if many others do.
Agree it is an important part of a successful team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

in the end i feel the niceties towards brisbane should be wrapping up.
they are a legitimate threat again and are the arch rivals of the gold coast suns.

with full respect to brisbane and their fans we as suns supporters must start acknowledging the rivalry that thier is and will be in years to come.

F@$% the lions

Hard to support Essendon to win next week but for Draft pick sick , I am supporting Saad next week .

I’m happy for the lions and Qld footy, it’s just a draft pick and as we know they are hit and miss, who’s to say that a guy we pick up at 10 doesn’t become better than the top pick.
Depend if you have top 10 pick you can trade it off for late first round , multiple second Rd and third round ,like what Carlton ,port ,Brisbane did with Adelaide ,Fremantle and GC last year, but if you have pick 12-17 is a bit harder , especially if your club have decent academy players coming up .

Is more about doing useless Draft trading , why gave up last year pick 19 , multiple second ,third round and future second ,third Rd for Jez McLennan and this year pick 13 , GCS could easily pick up Jez McLennan at pick 19 , James Rowbottom , Tom Berry at second Rd pick without sacrificed this year GC second Rd and Richmond third Rd pick . Pick 13 might be a good player but GCS second Rd and Richmond third could be good player too.

* Double handling Draft pick .

Last edited:
At this early stage, the first round is looking like a very even after about pick 4 or 5.

From a Lions perspective, the company line was we needed that late 2018 first round pick to get the Neale deal done, and separate the Neale and Beams trades.

From a Lions fans perspective, especially someone who likes following the draft, it appeared a poor trade and in Gold Coasts favour.

A possible/probable top 10 pick for an end of first round pick and possible/probable early second round pick.

Right now, just looking at top end talent, I’d still be happy with the trade from a Gold Coast perspective.

Unless you’re looking for a KPF, there will be a good kid at the “Lions” pick.

And if you want to double down on SA kids, there’s a couple of quality kids who play different positions.

I don't know what is the logic behind , I rather end up 3-1 equal with Brisbane after 4th round than them 4-0 .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Happy Easter to the % of 94 as well.
And we have an opportunity to pile on more next week which will likely put the Brisbane pick into the top 10 range. Getting really ahead of myself here but the dream scenario is obviously us making finals AND getting a top 10 pick from Brisbane. The Lions are really out of form and losing Harris Andrews should help our KPFs so I'm expecting a good showing from us next week.

I'm following in my own misery over on the Lions board.

We're playing sh!t at the moment, but worse than that, for a draft nut like myself, we don't have a high'ish pick in this years draft to console myself with.

Jeez I hope Collingwood get bundled out in straight sets come finals.

Could be worse, I could be a Carlton fan.

Hey it’s a win win.

Our 2019 first round pick slips a bit.

You’re 2019 second round pick comes in to play as possibly pick 19.

We might end up with back to back picks at 18 and 19 the way this season is starting to pan out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back