Tradedraft on the camera kissing the magpie emblem (merged with Matthew Lloyd roast thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of how Tradedraft felt, it certainly wasn't the sort of act that warranted the outrage from everyone else. Especially when I imagine there are people here who have laughed at the 'Right in Front of Me' guy or even referred to Robbo as 'Slobbo'. To treat the TD situation as any different to those would be hypocritical.

The situation is completely different. And I'm surprised you don't understand that.
The "right in front of me" guy consented to the interview and its broadcast.
Robbo takes cash payments to put himself in the public sphere and therefore he knows he will be subject to ridicule. As do all journo's who crave attention (and a bigger pay packet) by poking public opinion.
TD did consent to his image being broadcast during the game by the terms and conditions of the venue entry.
At no time did he consent to be the subject of ridicule on national TV.

There is a huge difference between the situations you cite and this current issue.

Dave, did you laugh with everyone else at the KFC boy gif ?
Indeed, did anyone here laugh at Daniel from the West Coast cheer squad when Mickey O got in his face in 2006?

images

The "right in front of me" guy consented to the interview and its broadcast.
TD did consent to his image being broadcast during the game by the terms and conditions of the venue entry.
At no time did he consent to be the subject of ridicule on national TV.

I'd argue the RIFOM Guy didn't consent to being the subject of ridicule, the two circumstances are broadly comparable.

Should also say in any event that Dave I am sorry if your feelings were hurt by the broadcast.

I was suggesting that it's highly unlikely that aspergers makes TD's actions involuntary. Beyond that, only he knows how difficult it would be to remain composed.

Something more significant than this obviously. I'd classify this as 'unfair' and a low blow, it's not as though critiquing the way someone clothes themselves is an entirely new concept to humanity, I imagine everyone has done it to varying degrees.

Regardless of how Tradedraft felt, it certainly wasn't the sort of act that warranted the outrage from everyone else. Especially when I imagine there are people here who have laughed at the 'Right in Front of Me' guy or even referred to Robbo as 'Slobbo'. To treat the TD situation as any different to those would be hypocritical.

Look at it objectively, anyone who is caught on camera visibly remonstrating with a player or umpire invariably looks like a tool for doing so.

Put it this way, if Lloyd had not singled TD out for his clothes and instead for his actions (like others have been before), would you still have such strong objections to it being highlighted?

What's your point here exactly?

I'm also pretty sure he knows about that thread too. It's not like he was selected at random either, he provided the material by first charging down the stairs, and then giving the umpires the finger.

I don't believe that saga was anywhere near as racist as it was reported (though there were obviously some racial elements to the booing by the end of it). Had the media not jumped the gun after the first instance against Hawthorn, there's a fair chance it never would've become a thing.
I haven't posted too much in this thread but I do not find it at all amusing or okay to get cheap laughs because of the way someone dresses, speaks, shows frustration etc at a football match.

I don't watch the footy show because of 'Street Talk' and John Newman.

People are entitled to get upset and express their thoughts without someone telling them they are wrong to feel that way.

Often the TV cameras catch supporters from football clubs that are totally decked out in their clubs gear, wave their hand madly at a decision and the TV stations tend to replay but no reason why it just can't stop there without it being highlighted on another program.

Sorry, not in agreement, I can't see any justification for ridicule or belittling others...

Yet nothing been done about it.

Surely we can have some different views on this, as long as we dont prolong TD's discomfort. No opposition fans are trolling, just expressing different opinions. If posters were trolling, we'd deal with it.

Look at it objectively, anyone who is caught on camera visibly remonstrating with a player or umpire invariably looks like a tool for doing so.

Put it this way, if Lloyd had not singled TD out for his clothes and instead for his actions (like others have been before), would you still have such strong objections to it being highlighted?

So you calling me a Dickhead Starburns_ for doing that?

I would hope people where Sickened that I was singled out. It was okay for the Commentators during the Game as they where going on what they Saw but Lloyd had time to say NO before hand

I was suggesting that it's highly unlikely that aspergers makes TD's actions involuntary. Beyond that, only he knows how difficult it would be to remain composed.

and How do you know This? I do act sometimes without Thinking like that. Don't like people making Assumptions without know me at all

Something more significant than this obviously. I'd classify this as 'unfair' and a low blow, it's not as though critiquing the way someone clothes themselves is an entirely new concept to humanity, I imagine everyone has done it to varying degrees.

It should be against a Rules for someone to give someone a Low Blow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have No Idea what you are Talking about

I'll see if I can dig it up mate

It was the Richmond supporter in the cheer squad who ran down to the front remonstrating with the umpires, then some poster with clever photoshoop skills put a bucket of KFC in his arms, was a classic :D

A dead set passionate supporter like your good self :thumbsu:

I wonder IF you day samething IF you where the one getting Attacked on National TV:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Given I don't act in a manner that would put me in a position to be "attacked on national TV" there is no need to wonder.

And a membership slogan won't change my views on a particular situation or person, a spades a spade.

I'd argue the RIFOM Guy didn't consent to being the subject of ridicule, the two circumstances are broadly comparable.

Should also say in any event that Dave I am sorry if your feelings were hurt by the broadcast.
Im sorry, but can you point out to me when a national broadcaster publicly ridiculed RIFOM guy? Because all I've seen is a news report that went viral. Different circumstances in the extreme.

Indeed, did anyone here laugh at Daniel from the West Coast cheer squad when Mickey O got in his face in 2006?

images
Was Daniel publicly ridiculed after the fact by a presenter on a nationally broadcast football show? This is a vastly different situation which all the flogs from oppo boards flocking here seem to be conveniently overlooking.
We all had a chuckle at Dave on the night, it was great viewing and harmless footage of a passionate supporter. A tv personality taking pot shots at his personal appearance after the fact is not on though. How hard is that to understand?

Was Daniel publicly ridiculed after the fact by a presenter on a nationally broadcast football show? This is a vastly different situation which all the flogs from oppo boards flocking here seem to be conveniently overlooking.
We all had a chuckle at Dave on the night, it was great viewing and harmless footage of a passionate supporter. A tv personality taking pot shots at his personal appearance after the fact is not on though. How hard is that to understand?

I think for some it is a Very Hard thing to Understand

Im sorry, but can you point out to me when a national broadcaster publicly ridiculed RIFOM guy? Because all I've seen is a news report that went viral. Different circumstances in the extreme.
He made the news edit because his reaction and/or appearance were amusing to the person cutting together the piece, not because he was otherwise newsworthy or notable.

He also had the piss taken out of him by Dave Hughes on Nova the next day, as well as by the clowns on SEN (there was discussion of the matter on the main board at the time)

Was Daniel publicly ridiculed after the fact by a presenter on a nationally broadcast football show?

Yes, Brian Taylor and Billy Birmingham took the piss out of him on Fox Sports' The Back Page, referring to his weight and calling him "Uncle Buck" (John Candy). They had a good old laugh at Daniel's expense.

He made the news edit because his reaction and/or appearance were amusing to the person cutting together the piece, not because he was otherwise newsworthy or notable.

He also had the piss taken out of him by Dave Hughes on Nova the next day, as well as by the clowns on SEN (there was discussion of the matter on the main board at the time)
So you're comparing a consented interview on the news, with no ridicule from any presenters, to what Dave had to cop without consent? What garbage. The guy put himself out there and gave permission to a national broadcaster to show his rant. Any comments after that are fair game. Completely different to being ridiculed for personal appearance after being filmed unknowingly.

Yes, Brian Taylor and Billy Birmingham took the piss out of him on Fox Sports' The Back Page, referring to his weight and calling him "Uncle Buck" (John Candy). They had a good old laugh at Daniel's expense.
Poor form from them. It wasn't right of them to do that, and doesn't make what Lloyd did right either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back