Opinion Tradedraft's Thoughts for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend's step brother is the prime example of this. I've met him 3 times and we have been dating for two years. 95% of his life is on the computer. The annoying thing is his mum encourages it. All of his dinners are brought to his room etc. He's going to struggle big time as he's now 17 and about to finish school, just has zero life skills.
Probably be a CEO or accounts manger or public servant in a department depending on his school marks

Probably be a CEO or accounts manger or public servant in a department depending on his school marks
would have to be an ceo of his own company cos most would not get passed the interview stage

Funny or disturbed story guys/gals.........I am 43 with three kids under 7.

My wife and I have "lived" our life.......lets just say that our kids can't do many things that we won't know about.

Anyway my story doesn't relate to me........I catch up once a year with high school friends. It's a good night we are not close friends but we all make an effort that night every year.

One of my friends told me a story how he goes out every Friday night to a place called "Welcome to Thornbury"
It's an outdoor food van place.......very trendy and very diverse crowd.

Anyway long story short he was shocked by his "young" fellow workers who liked a girl that night and all they did was say hello and ask if they could swap Facebook Pages or do Instagram together! WTF I said to him.

No one has to work for "it" anymore..........its a soft and safe generation IMO.

Getting rejected face to face is a lot more character building than not allowing someone to become your friend on Facebook.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Dave but that's CFC2010's rant/thoughts for this evening. :)

Last edited:
would have to be an ceo of his own company cos most would not get passed the interview stage

There are been quite a few who have made Millions on the Internet

My wife and I have "lived" our life.......lets just say that our kids can do many things won't know about.

Anyway my story doesn't relate to me........I catch up once a year with high school friends. It's a good night we are not close friends but we all make an effort that night every year.

One of my friends told me a story how he goes out every Friday night to a place called "Welcome to Thornbury"

Anyway long story short he was shocked by his "young" fellow workers who liked a girl that night and all they did was say hello and ask if they could swap Facebook Pages or do Instagram together! WTF I said to him.

No one has to work for "it" anymore..........its a soft and safe generation IMO.

Getting rejected face to face is a lot more character building than not allowing someone to become your friend on Facebook.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Dave but that's CFC2010's rant/thoughts for this evening. :)

I never had a Girlfriend but I guess that is more to do with my Autism(Not Much Social Skills) then just being on the Computer.

What is Wrong then being Safe?

There are been quite a few who have made Millions on the Internet
yep designing apps, but not all are good enough to do that. there has to be a balance in ones life, cause at times it is hard
and if you cannot communicate properly your behind the eight ball. having fun out side is good for you

yep designing apps, but not all are good enough to do that. there has to be a balance in ones life, cause at times it is hard
and if you cannot communicate properly your behind the eight ball. having fun out side is good for you

Yes and Pokemon Go would help more People to get outside.

I had quite a few people talk to me about it. When Normally then Probably never talk to me

I never had a Girlfriend but I guess that is more to do with my Autism(Not Much Social Skills) then just being on the Computer.

I have no personal experience with your condition Dave.........I have met you and it was a pleasure to put a face to the posts.

Safe is OK Dave but in my experience you only grow as a person when you are at your most vulnerable or you're honest.

If people don't accept you for what you are Dave then they are not worth knowing........that's what I am trying to say.

nothing dave. l have a daughter with autism on the low side, and she has not many friends but she found her boy
friend on the net so its not all bad. l just dont like the kids on it 24/7 that all
but you dont stay home and on the computer all day every day, you help at home, go to the footy and go walking
plus sometimes you visit my area at noosa

If people don't accept you for what you are Dave then they are not worth knowing........that's what I am trying to say.

Agree - IF People don't accept me for who I am.

They are not worth my Time

My wife and I have "lived" our life.......lets just say that our kids can't do many things that we won't know about.

Good contribution, interesting perspective.

You're a good fellow.
Plus you have excellent taste in football teams.
Who knows one day you may meet a nice magpiette.... Then little Moores might be born

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good contribution, interesting perspective.
its strange times, had to pick my son up from his mates place there were 5 of them talking "they call it that"
text to each other on there phones, so l banned the phone when he had to talk to his mother and l. he has sence learnt the art of face to face talking to his friends

Just one thing Dave, although I have met you and I do honestly like you, please don't take offence when I pull you up if you cross the line in some of your posts.

You thought recently that I would report you to mods about one of your posts.

I just want you to know I would never do that. You are Collingwood through and through.

Love your passion mate........keep up the Pokemon Go it's a good thing for you :thumbsu:

its strange times, had to pick my son up from his mates place there were 5 of them talking "they call it that"
text to each other on there phones, so l banned the phone when he had to talk to his mother and l. he has sence learnt the art of face to face talking to his friends
I went to see David in Florence, there I saw people there looking at computers more than Davd.

By the way, magnificent sculpture.

I went to see David in Florence, there I saw people there looking at computers more than Davd.

By the way, magnificent sculpture.
proberly checking it to make sure it was real
hoping to see it one day. would like to see europe
soo much history
bradman also filled in when young in his fathers side and the men could not get him out either
just before my time he was, but l am more of a dennis "the great man" lillee follower

nothing dave. l have a daughter with autism on the low side, and she has not many friends but she found her boy
friend on the net so its not all bad. l just dont like the kids on it 24/7 that all
but you dont stay home and on the computer all day every day, you help at home, go to the footy and go walking
plus sometimes you visit my area at noosa

Hey Some Days I don't turn the Computer on for the 1st Time until after Tea.

Be No Noosa Trip this Year:'( but Hopefully Next Year(Hopefully Twice;)) go up around Early in the Footy Season

Why would you text someone when you are With Them:huh: Just Talk

Why would you text someone when you are With Them:huh: Just Talk
dont know that answer, when asked about it and he thought about it all he could say, that was what they did, and so many do.
but now they do talk properly

proberly checking it to make sure it was real
hoping to see it one day. would like to see europe
soo much history
bradman also filled in when young in his fathers side and the men could not get him out either
just before my time he was, but l am more of a dennis "the great man" lillee follower
Lillee superstar bowler.
My best ever Australia Xl

W Ponsford
M Hayden
D Bradman (c)
G Chappell
R Ponting
S Waugh
A Gilchrist ¥
K Miller
R Lindwall
D Lillee
W O'Reilly

Second Xl
R Simpson, A Morris, N Harvey, S McCabe, A Border, S Smith, R Marsh, A Davidson, S Warne, C Grimmett, G McGrath

dont know that answer, when asked about it and he thought about it all he could say, that was what they did, and so many do.
but now they do talk properly

Lot has Changed when I was a Teen:eek:

Lillee superstar bowler.

W Ponsford
M Hayden
D Bradman (c)
G Chappell
R Ponting
S Waugh
A Gilchrist ¥
K Miller
R Lindwall
D Lillee
W O'Reilly

Second Xl
R Simpson, A Morris, N Harvey, S McCabe, A Border, S Smith, R Marsh, A Davidson, S Warne, C Grimmett, G McGrath
cannot argue to much that team, though do have a soft spot for iron gloves rod marsh who l reckon was the best keeper to pace bowling l have seen

Lillee superstar bowler.

W Ponsford
M Hayden
D Bradman (c)
G Chappell
R Ponting
S Waugh
A Gilchrist ¥
K Miller
R Lindwall
D Lillee
W O'Reilly

Second Xl
on the second eleven l would thommo before mcgrath, l know glens numbers are better but jeff was frieghtning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back