Remove this Banner Ad

TKiL

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
How delicious is fresh whiting?

Now that I think about it, I’ve never met a fish that wasn’t delicious.
Believe it or not - fish from cafe on wharf at Noumea was disgusting - accompanying beer and chips were ok. You'd think a place surrounded by ocean for as far as the eye can see could summon up decent fish - tasted like cat / toad fish that had been deep frozen for 456 years, thawed in nitric acid then cooked inside a jacket potato that had been burnt to a cinder, extracted with barbed wire and served on a rancid banana leaf.... :(

(we did a 2 week cruise - food on the ship was totally superb - all day every day)

Edited for clarity

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Believe it or not - fish from cafe on wharf at Noumea was disgusting - accompanying beer and chips were ok. You'd think a place surrounded by ocean for as far as the eye can see could summon up decent fish - tasted like cat or toad fish that had been deep frozen for 456 years, thawed in nitric acid then cooked inside a jacket potato that had been burnt to a cinder, extracted with barbed wire and served on a rancid banana leaf.... :(

(we did a 2 week cruise - food on the ship was totally superb - all day every day)
Proving the theory some of sting establishments should not serve food.
I’m blaming the establishment.
Conversely in Cairns there’s a little cafe on the docs there and all their fish is delicious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
Believe it or not - fish from cafe on wharf at Noumea was disgusting - accompanying beer and chips were ok. You'd think a place surrounded by ocean for as far as the eye can see could summon up decent fish - tasted like cat or toad fish that had been deep frozen for 456 years, thawed in nitric acid then cooked inside a jacket potato that had been burnt to a cinder, extracted with barbed wire and served on a rancid banana leaf.... :(

I’m interested to know how you know what cat taste like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom