Opinion Tradedraft's Thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a shame the way the system works. I don't think we will ever see a third party get majority. The preference system is pretty awkward.

The major party you had higher on your list of preferences counts as a vote for them.

Even if I had Labor second last and liberal last I'm still technically voting for Labor to be in power.
Personally I think the preferential voting system we have in Aus is brilliant.
If someone can think of a better voting system I would love to hear it.

Yes.

Tick the parties you hate the least:
(PARTY NAME) - Checkbox ()

:rolleyes:
Sarcasm

Our preferrential system seems to confuse a lot of people especially the elderly and the non native English speakers.

It's the only explanation as to why the greens have power. They got confused.

Better then Yanks when You don't have to Vote and you don't need most votes to win

Better then Yanks when You don't have to Vote and you don't need most votes to win

Theirs works well because of their population and the fact they have a large number of states and generally they're all split between Democrat and Republican.

If it was solely by the amount of votes then the views of, let's say California would have pretty much dictated the election in 2016 since they are mainly Democrat, while Texas is mainly Republican.
California's population is higher so technically they would win in a numbers game.

Their views differ so widely on a state by state basis over there, If it was solely a popularity contest then it wouldn't be fair for those with differing views now would it? That's not a democracy.

Seriously. Can you tell me a better system than the one we have.
I for one can not think of a better more democratic system for voting.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out but not before I patent it so I can get off the ******* dole.

https://thoughthub.com.au/2018/01/23/why-invasion-day-protesters-are-the-shallowest-people/

This is why the ‘invasion day’ crowd are the shallowest type of people. Truth is, they care more about themselves and their own virtuous image than they do about Indigenous Australians. They are more interested in projecting their fake white guilt than they are about addressing problems that require complex and often uncomfortable policy solutions.

They are the shallowest type of people because their guilt and grandstanding is fake to the core. It does not even occur to them that the very act of typing on their smartphone or laptop about their regret and guilt over European settlement is an exercise in rank hypocrisy. On the one hand they are ‘sorry’ the Europeans arrived and they share the offense that Australia would dare to commemorate the date that marked the beginning of its modern development, yet on the other hand they are happy to enjoy the benefits that come from western culture.

They are the shallowest type of people because their regret and sorrow is a lie. Truth is, deep down, no matter how much they deny it, they are happy about it, they are happy the British arrived here. While they keep tapping away at their shiny phones, lecturing everyone else about how racist and culturally insensitive it is to feel good on January 26th, they are hypocrites enjoying the fruits of modern Australia. If they were true to their word, if they really did feel regret over British invasion, they would abandon the very laws and codes it embodies. They would spend time in Indigenous communities. They would actively immerse themselves in cultures and languages in an effort to understand them. This rarely happens though. After the hashtag, life goes on as normal. Too much Netflix to watch.

The shallowest type of people are hypocrites, those who hide behind easy words and sympathetic platitudes. Underneath their trite display, the following is the truth:

I’m happy the British came to Australia because I live in a first world nation.

I’m happy the British came to Australia because western culture allows me access to this technology.

I don’t really care about real Indigenous issues, but this seems to be an issue easy for everyone to grasp so I’m going to share this meme because it will tell all of my followers that I am virtuous.

I’m going to spend Australia Day drinking or reading or watching television or hanging out with friends, because I’m too caught up in my own life to help the people I supposedly care about.

This is what is really hidden beneath their words

This is pretty much how I feel when other young people talk to me about #changingthedate

Grow up.
Get a life.
Focus on something more important.

This debate has been going on for years now. The mainstream media keep bringing it up which makes it worse.

Let people enjoy things.

https://thoughthub.com.au/2018/01/23/why-invasion-day-protesters-are-the-shallowest-people/

This is pretty much how I feel when other young people talk to me about #changingthedate

Grow up.
Get a life.
Focus on something more important.

This debate has been going on for years now. The mainstream media keep bringing it up which makes it worse.

Let people enjoy things.

These are the sort of People will always need something to Winge about and they are never happy.

The Mainstream covers it as make there Work Easy.

The Greens should just go back and smoke Marjurna

These are the sort of People will always need something to Winge about and they are never happy.

The Mainstream covers it as make there Work Easy.

The Greens should just go back and smoke Marjurna

I don't think the greens have anything to do with marijuana haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually Voted Neither Labor or Liberal I voted for the Australian Pirate Party.

They both Seem Dumb
I'd hardly complain about the state of politics, and then admit to basically wasting your vote.

In other news, New Zealand twisties > Australian twisties.

I'd hardly complain about the state of politics, and then admit to basically wasting your vote.

Does not matter who I vote for. I get nothing anyway from who ever is in power

In other news, New Zealand twisties > Australian twisties.

What is the difference with the NZ ones?

GOTTA LOVE THE SHITTY NBN.

TALK TO OPTUS AND THEY SAY THAT THE NBN THEY PUT IN MY TOWN NEEDS F**KING UPGRADING.

Yeah my mum just got the NBN last year and upgraded to the 50/20 speed plan recently. It worked ok for a month then slowed to what she had before.

Telstra is saying that the NBN in that area can't keep up with the load / demand and said she can either choose to leave Telstra and not pay the contract or go down to the lower speed plan and receive a credit on her bill.

It's a ******* joke! The NBN is basically the old system with a new coat of paint.

The paint eventually wears off.

Who started NBN?

Why didn't whoever start it just leave it to Telstra and other telcos to upgrade their product.

Sad!

Why didn't whoever start it just leave it

Who started NBN?

Why didn't whoever start it just leave it to Telstra and other telcos to upgrade their product.

Sad!

Because the Goverment wants to do it Cheaply and Crap as Possible as Rupert Murdoch and Grahme Burke wants Aussies to have the Slowest Internet Speeds Possible so they can have a Monolpoly with Foxtel and Village Roadshow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back