Opinion Tradedraft's Thoughts

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Beautiful day today TD and you did well with the Mulloway mate,unless you target the Mulloway they are not easily caught unlike Bream or Whiting,I think the weather should be alright now TD like it is usually 95% of the time.
How delicious is fresh whiting?

Now that I think about it, I’ve never met a fish that wasn’t delicious.

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
How delicious is fresh whiting?

Now that I think about it, I’ve never met a fish that wasn’t delicious.

Believe it or not - fish from cafe on wharf at Noumea was disgusting - accompanying beer and chips were ok. You'd think a place surrounded by ocean for as far as the eye can see could summon up decent fish - tasted like cat / toad fish that had been deep frozen for 456 years, thawed in nitric acid then cooked inside a jacket potato that had been burnt to a cinder, extracted with barbed wire and served on a rancid banana leaf.... :(

(we did a 2 week cruise - food on the ship was totally superb - all day every day)

Edited for clarity

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Believe it or not - fish from cafe on wharf at Noumea was disgusting - accompanying beer and chips were ok. You'd think a place surrounded by ocean for as far as the eye can see could summon up decent fish - tasted like cat or toad fish that had been deep frozen for 456 years, thawed in nitric acid then cooked inside a jacket potato that had been burnt to a cinder, extracted with barbed wire and served on a rancid banana leaf.... :(

(we did a 2 week cruise - food on the ship was totally superb - all day every day)
Proving the theory some of sting establishments should not serve food.
I’m blaming the establishment.
Conversely in Cairns there’s a little cafe on the docs there and all their fish is delicious.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Believe it or not - fish from cafe on wharf at Noumea was disgusting - accompanying beer and chips were ok. You'd think a place surrounded by ocean for as far as the eye can see could summon up decent fish - tasted like cat or toad fish that had been deep frozen for 456 years, thawed in nitric acid then cooked inside a jacket potato that had been burnt to a cinder, extracted with barbed wire and served on a rancid banana leaf.... :(

I’m interested to know how you know what cat taste like.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
we eat quite a lot of fish - flathead hard to beat
Delicious.

Same. It’s a favourite of mine. And very healthy.

Do you clean and gut the fish you’ve caught yourself or does your Dad do it?

My Mum does it.

I don't have good enough motor skills to do it Safely

Who likes my Fishing Hat?

29e9705aee6408e4b21a45197016c5df.0.jpg

and

8b947c124f15798d4f02d711386c3501.0.jpg

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good hat young Dave.

I think the fish won’t know what’s about to hook them.

Nice pics.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Back