AFL RDT Trades and injuries discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruhn to Horne Frances
Jayden hunt to anyone. Would rather field a non playing rookie

Kelly to the bench with concussion.
thought you were getting Gulden? Feel JHF could be a frustrating fantasy pick, better for supercoach

Hoping Kelly is only one week out, so he goes to the bench

Really tempted to trade down Laird...that was pathetic. Would then give me cash to turn Hunt into someone decent

Is this good or too much of an overreaction:

Goater > W. Day
Hollands > Uwlands (mostly for the money to fund the Day trade, but it does add a def/mid link too)
Flanders to Chandler.

Is this good or too much of an overreaction:

Goater > W. Day
Hollands > Uwlands (mostly for the money to fund the Day trade, but it does add a def/mid link too)
Flanders to Chandler.
yeah too early to get rookies like Uwlands and Chandler after one game, best to wait until they play their second game and are name for the third. I have no idea who Goater is and whether or not he is a serious issue that requires surgery via 3 trades, but probably too early to use a boost

I think the only trades to be made this week are Stewart, for those who have him. A number of options available to replace him with.
My other trade will be F Green out for Chandler.
Pedlar is another forward rookie who may come in but it can wait till next week.

Any solid ideas for trades yet? I think Wels suggested Flanders to Chandler, and that's something I might do.
Yeah, Flanders to Chandler is what I suggested last night. Though this afternoon I also suggested Laird to Chandler!

Will give them all another week and reassess.

Im doing something that is potentially very reckless but it gives me a few players i wanted prior to round 1 but couldnt fit in.

N.Anderson, Titch & Bruhn > T.Green, Setterfield & Coniglio

Why? I want to boost my forwardline and go 5 deep. I want Setterfield, he was one i just couldnt fit in prior to round 1 and it bit me. T.Green was one i was happy enough to fade and hope he starts the season poorly.

He is a gun, and i was wrong to go Titch over him. I've seen enough, last year he was played forward for extended periods and he would score in bunches and then go quiet. This season, with the new coach and a few mids going down and the trades, he is playing the midfield minutes that he deserves. It really was low % play to fade him so i will correct this immediately.

I would like to keep N.Anderson but i think Coniglio is much more valuable because the forwardline rookies outside of Sheezel, dont really look like scoring that well. Most have job security but it looks like they will be a slow burn.

Id love to get Callaghan in somehow but i am happy to fade him if Worpel does well again and Ashcroft pulls his finger out (which i bet he does).

I feel like i have the right balance now.

EDIT: To clarify, i dont think that Pedlar will outscore Baker every week, in fact i think it will be the opposite which is why im more prepared to go with 3 rookie mids on field.
Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 12.27.52 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im doing something that is potentially very reckless but it gives me a few players i wanted prior to round 1 but couldnt fit in.

N.Anderson, Titch & Bruhn > T.Green, Setterfield & Coniglio

Why? I want to boost my forwardline and go 5 deep. I want Setterfield, he was one i just couldnt fit in prior to round 1 and it bit me. T.Green was one i was happy enough to fade and hope he starts the season poorly.

He is a gun, and i was wrong to go Titch over him. I've seen enough, last year he was played forward for extended periods and he would score in bunches and then go quiet. This season, with the new coach and a few mids going down and the trades, he is playing the midfield minutes that he deserves. It really was low % play to fade him so i will correct this immediately.

I would like to keep N.Anderson but i think Coniglio is much more valuable because the forwardline rookies outside of Sheezel, dont really look like scoring that well. Most have job security but it looks like they will be a slow burn.

Id love to get Callaghan in somehow but i am happy to fade him if Worpel does well again and Ashcroft pulls his finger out (which i bet he does).

I feel like i have the right balance now.

EDIT: To clarify, i dont think that Pedlar will outscore Baker every week, in fact i think it will be the opposite which is why im more prepared to go with 3 rookie mids on field.

Okay, ive had a rethink and im doing something different

Titch, Anderson, Laurie > Green, JHF & Setterfield

Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 12.35.23 pm.png

Will have a play too ..:)

Jones to Constable; Henry to Sheezel; Fyfe to Rachele. Leaves $154k for next week adjustments.

Constable will be dropped in the next 2-3 weeks. Weller is back this week. Brandon Ellis and will Powell will be coming back soon as well. They all play the same position and are in front of Constable

Reckon Laird will come into a few sides after round 3. How much will his 57 points in round 1 cost him? Combined with the traditional drop off due to rookie prices going up, I'd suggest he will drop a minimum of $100K.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back