AFL RDT Trades and injuries discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't going to trade, won't win cash league match if I don't though.

Thinking:

Flanders - Chandler & Kelly - Brayshaw
or
Flanders - Ziebell & Kelly - Green
or
Just leave it as Kelly only one match and Flanders will bite me if I trade him.

Ziebell & Green should score more, and Ziebell should get defence after round 6. Brayshaw out and out dreamteam gun though.

Ended up doing N.Anderson, Titch & Bruhn to Green, Cogs & Setterfield. Im glad i didnt hold Bruhn but using 3 trades straight out of the gate is not ideal but i think i need T.Green and Cogs and then Setterfield was one i always wanted but just couldn't fit him in.

In any case, im now pretty happy with my team. Shame it took trading 2 guns for me to be very happy but i figure it is better i trade them now and jump on the cheap guns (Setters & T.Green), while also strengthening my forwardline so that Sheezel goes to F6 behind Gulden at F5.

Got two trades planned for this week and they both involve my midfield.

Think I might get Setterfield now I've seen him play twice and smash it twice.

Too many holes to cover for me now. Going to be a lonnnnnnng season chasing the right players. My team has none of the following:

Daicos, Dawson, Sinclair, day, Brayshaw, setterfield, English or gulden.

Can’t compete without daicos, Brayshaw, English and gulden. I have none!!

Macrae, Flanders & Phillipou
to
LDU, Ziebell & Chandler

Or

Macrae, Flanders & Phillipou
to
Oliver/Brayshaw, Chandler & Stocker

Either way, Macrae will screw me over, I just know it.
I just brought in Stocker, but I'm worried about his job security. Have you looked into it? I like both of your options btw. I think I would be more tempted by the second to have Oliver as another captaincy option.

I just brought in Stocker, but I'm worried about his job security. Have you looked into it? I like both of your options btw. I think I would be more tempted by the second to have Oliver as another captaincy option.
No, don't know about his job security. But they are winning, so doubt they change whilst things are going ok. Had him in and out before season start, but didn't think he'd score too well. Should of stuck with it.

If Constable is dropped, will have to go with second option. Oliver would be a nice addition!

Really want Ziebell though. His role is secure and we like chipping the ball to him. Will get defender status and be in the top 6 - 8 scoring backs this season I think.

Ended up doing N.Anderson, Titch & Bruhn to Green, Cogs & Setterfield. Im glad i didnt hold Bruhn but using 3 trades straight out of the gate is not ideal but i think i need T.Green and Cogs and then Setterfield was one i always wanted but just couldn't fit him in.

In any case, im now pretty happy with my team. Shame it took trading 2 guns for me to be very happy but i figure it is better i trade them now and jump on the cheap guns (Setters & T.Green), while also strengthening my forwardline so that Sheezel goes to F6 behind Gulden at F5.
Traded out Stewart (didn't have much choice) for Sicily. Wish I'd gone to Ryan. Also traded F Greene to Chandler (obvious choice).
This week, I've gone on a cash build.
M Johnson to Pedlar (again a no brainer).
Butters to Ziebell. My risky pick of Butters was a terrible mistake. Even when they had total control of the game in round 1 he still only scored 89 and he proved this week that he will be shite when things aren't going their way. Ziebell has gone back to his DT friendly role of kicking in and being the man to have the ball in his hands when in the backline.
Used my first 3 trade period this week to make a rather controversial decision. Even though Bont has scored reasonably over the first two rounds (99 & 92) I don't think he has the ceiling any more to warrant his price tag. So have traded him out in preference to Setterfield. I don't expect him to maintain this sort of scoring and he may not even end up as a keeper but he will make significant cash over the next few weeks and will probably score similar to Bont anyway.
So, I look at my team and it looks better and I've got $680K in the bank for some major changes once the cash cows have dried up.
My team is currently:
Backs: Docherty, Sicily, Daicos, Ginbey, Constable, Wilmot (Cowan, Chesser)
Mids: Brayshaw, Green, Setterfield, Worpel, Callaghan, Ashcroft, Mackenzie, Hollands (Phillipou, Baker, Davey)
Rucks: Marshall, Witts (Madden)
Fwds: Dunkley, Taranto, Rozee, Gulden, Ziebell, Sheezel (Pedlar, Chandler)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure on trades yet, but I really like and will most likely be going
JHF > Ziebell

I plan to most likely use a Trade Boost, this is the best time to adjust your team and might as well take advantage of the opportunity.

I could then go
McGrath > Day, which would give me the cash for Bytel> Setterfield.

I do like Bytel if named though, my other alternative would be
Macrae > Setterfield
Cowan > Day leaving
Seem way more season defining.
Team would be
Doch, Diacos, McGrath, Day, Ginbey, Constable (McKenna, Wilmot)

Laird, Green, Setterfield, Worpel, Callahan, Bytel, Ashcroft and McKenzie. (Holland, Baker, Chesser)

English, Marshall (esava 🫣)

Dunkley, Taranto, Rozzee, Goulden, Ziebell, Sheezel (Greene, Davey) 120k
Means I’m missing out on Chandler (who doesn’t appear as much of a must have after last week) and Pedlar. Hopefully the cash generated from Day match’s that over longer term.

Not sure on trades yet, but I really like and will most likely be going
JHF > Ziebell

I plan to most likely use a Trade Boost, this is the best time to adjust your team and might as well take advantage of the opportunity.

I could then go
McGrath > Day, which would give me the cash for Bytel> Setterfield.

I do like Bytel if named though, my other alternative would be
Macrae > Setterfield
Cowan > Day leaving
Seem way more season defining.
Team would be
Doch, Diacos, McGrath, Day, Ginbey, Constable (McKenna, Wilmot)

Laird, Green, Setterfield, Worpel, Callahan, Bytel, Ashcroft and McKenzie. (Holland, Baker, Chesser)

English, Marshall (esava 🫣)

Dunkley, Taranto, Rozzee, Goulden, Ziebell, Sheezel (Greene, Davey) 120k
Means I’m missing out on Chandler (who doesn’t appear as much of a must have after last week) and Pedlar. Hopefully the cash generated from Day match’s that over longer term.
The cash generated from both Chandler and Pedlar will be significant unless they stink it up next week, If Chandler scores as low as 40 he will increase by at least $100K. Pedlar will go up $75K with the same score. If Day scores 70, he will go up around $50K. If you're looking for cash generation, I know where I'd be going.

The cash generated from both Chandler and Pedlar will be significant unless they stink it up next week, If Chandler scores as low as 40 he will increase by at least $100K. Pedlar will go up $75K with the same score. If Day scores 70, he will go up around $50K. If you're looking for cash generation, I know where I'd be going.
Very true, just need to weigh up if the extra 25 odd points from Day compared to fielding Wilmot/McKenna in the interim is worth not making quiet as much money for.

I’m unsure with Chandler, long term. Melbourne are a very strong side, he’s got a spot in the team missing Fritsch round 1 and Pickett being suspended round 2 and 3. I’m not sure he’s guaranteed games, after Pickett returns. Also that 100 will roll out too after 1 price rise. Pedlar looks alright and I’m not as concerned with his JS.

No doubt I’d like to have both, as they’re better than some of the Rookies ive got (Green, Cowan and Chesser) but I’m limited in options. I wish I pulled the trigger like you did last week with Green to Chandler but wanted the extra week to have a look

Very true, just need to weigh up if the extra 25 odd points from Day compared to fielding Wilmot/McKenna in the interim is worth not making quiet as much money for.

I’m unsure with Chandler, long term. Melbourne are a very strong side, he’s got a spot in the team missing Fritsch round 1 and Pickett being suspended round 2 and 3. I’m not sure he’s guaranteed games, after Pickett returns. Also that 100 will roll out too after 1 price rise. Pedlar looks alright and I’m not as concerned with his JS.

No doubt I’d like to have both, as they’re better than some of the Rookies ive got (Green, Cowan and Chesser) but I’m limited in options. I wish I pulled the trigger like you did last week with Green to Chandler but wanted the extra week to have a look
Even if he only lasts 3-4 weeks, the 100 odd he scored in round 1 was always going to give us plenty of cash and imo also guaranteed him at least another two games at worse. I didn't know what I would need to do after round 2, hence I wanted to leave myself with options.

Last edited:
I honestly thought leaving Toby McLean out at the start of the year was a big risk. Turns out it wasn't such a big risk.

I need to go to bed, I'm starting to waver. Flanders to Chandler and Phillipou to Stocker leaves me enough to go Macrae to Oliver/Brayshaw.

Don't want to trade Macrae, and was planning on holding Phillipou, but Oliver is a serious upgrade at the moment.

Just can't bring myself to go down from Macrae to a Setterfield type, though it probably makes sense, and would get me Gulden for Flanders.

I need to lock my phone till after tomorrow's game has started!

I need to go to bed, I'm starting to waver. Flanders to Chandler and Phillipou to Stocker leaves me enough to go Macrae to Oliver/Brayshaw.

Don't want to trade Macrae, and was planning on holding Phillipou, but Oliver is a serious upgrade at the moment.

Just can't bring myself to go down from Macrae to a Setterfield type, though it probably makes sense, and would get me Gulden for Flanders.

I need to lock my phone till after tomorrow's game has started!
Know exactly what you mean....

Do we chuck Darcy for English now or see if he goes mental vs Eagle this week?

Holding Darcy allows me to bring in a couple of potential breakouts in Setters/Gulden/Chandler for Steele/Chesser/Greene.[ Screenshot_20230330_124816_Dream%20Team.jpg

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back