AFL RDT Trades and injuries discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Crae > Ziebell done

I just realised I was supposed to go Darcy to English...too late now

Probably need to get Chandler somehow by trading Philipou or Green

If this doesn’t sum you up…Sean Darcy is an absolute potato but instead of you trading him to English, he plays against a team without a ruck and scores 150…meanwhile Witts plays as a sole ruck against ceglar and limps to 80

JVR scoring well makes him an interesting option if anyone gets injured or dropped. And it was against Sydney too.

Spud McGrath to daicos- locked. Apologies all.

Witts to English - locked. Apologies all.

Looks like it’s a guns and rookies season.

$55k left
Good trades. Hope you don't jinx my players.

I've traded in Will Day. I have no idea whether I'm capable of jinxing him, but I apologise in advance if that is actually within my powers.

Still 14th overall.

Midpricers failed

Another boost is the way to go, gonna burn through trades early this year to make it interesting

Darcy -> English....thanks for your ton today but you're not fooling me, still an oaf like Witts and every other ruck apart from Marshall

Worpel -> Fahey....not about to wait for Worpel to be dropped

Callaghan -> Coniglio....not sure why this Callaghan guy is highly rated, he's a softer version of Gaff who gets half as many touches

Rucks now complete
Fwds now complete

Think I have enough rookies for my final 6 upgrades required (4 mids, 2 defenders after Ziebell/Sheezel gets DPP)

Defenders required: Sicily and Stewart
Mids required: Oliver + 3 others

Is Day must have? To get him, would have to do Callaghan & Worpel out, Day and Hewett (Eagles) in. However, this leaves me with 5 midfield rookies!!

Kinda want to keep Worpel one more week just in case, but torn as Day looks amazing.

More simply, Callaghan out, Bowes in. May do other rookie out and bring Hewett in anyway,, should get a decent run with Eagles injuries.

Haven't seen Bowes play, so no idea how he's going, but 77 & 80 ok for 400K. Could be some improvement if Geelong get moving?

Anyway, my team isn't very good, so need anyone with a pulse at the moment who won't break the bank.

Is Day must have? To get him, would have to do Callaghan & Worpel out, Day and Hewett (Eagles) in. However, this leaves me with 5 midfield rookies!!

Kinda want to keep Worpel one more week just in case, but torn as Day looks amazing.

More simply, Callaghan out, Bowes in. May do other rookie out and bring Hewett in anyway,, should get a decent run with Eagles injuries.

Haven't seen Bowes play, so no idea how he's going, but 77 & 80 ok for 400K. Could be some improvement if Geelong get moving?

Anyway, my team isn't very good, so need anyone with a pulse at the moment who won't break the bank.
Day’s been great, and was fantastic on the weekend, but I wouldn’t recommend compromising your side to bring in one player.

I’d hold off on Hewett - because of his 4 in round 1 his price shouldn’t jump much in his third game. We can afford to sit back and see how he goes in a full game first…if he’s given one. Also Bytel played well in the VFL, so could be back in the ones soon and isn’t much more expensive. He scored 80 odd in round 1, so might be a better option.

Day’s been great, and was fantastic on the weekend, but I wouldn’t recommend compromising your side to bring in one player.

I’d hold off on Hewett - because of his 4 in round 1 his price shouldn’t jump much in his third game. We can afford to sit back and see how he goes in a full game first…if he’s given one. Also Bytel played well in the VFL, so could be back in the ones soon and isn’t much more expensive. He scored 80 odd in round 1, so might be a better option.
Good advice. Have considered Bytel as well, but he's only played one game so will definately wait till he's named for a 3rd. Hewett was more to do with job security with the Eagles injury woes.

Will wait and see if Stocker named first. If he's out, will definitely need another defender this week. If not, can probably go without trading, though don't have a lot of faith in either Callaghan or Worpel moving forward.

Maybe consider trading JVR in and shift a DPP to the mids?

Maybe consider trading JVR in and shift a DPP to the mids?
Thanks. Would ,certainly do that if Pedlar was available. Could put JVR on the bench then. Though always wary of going early on rookies.

Could go Callaghan & Worpel to Serong and JVR. Don't mind that. JVR onfield against WCE could be ok I suppose. Rowston and/or Hewett would require a third trade to get it done.

I'm impatient, it's my biggest failing doing dreamteam. Almost always cash out rookies to early to get my team moving. Not gonna stop now!

Thanks. Would ,certainly do that if Pedlar was available. Could put JVR on the bench then. Though always wary of going early on rookies.

Could go Callaghan & Worpel to Serong and JVR. Don't mind that. JVR onfield against WCE could be ok I suppose. Rowston and/or Hewett would require a third trade to get it done.

I'm impatient, it's my biggest failing doing dreamteam. Almost always cash out rookies to early to get my team moving. Not gonna stop now!
If you’re looking at rooks on the bubble WilPhil might be a better option than Hewett. I get the JS concerns, but he has a BE of -30 at 237k vs Hewett +19 at 223k. If Phillips holds his spot with Simpkin and LDU to come back in then he’s not a bad punt.

Brockman possibly an alternative to JVR in 2 rounds as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course Chesser is out for 4-6 weeks and I didn't get Chandler last week!! in the pace of 24 hours I've lost Pedlar and Chesser.. That's on top of Contstable being dropped never to return. Brutal.
Chesser is hardly a loss. With the way the spud was going he would have been lucky to make another 20k

Now you can use him as a loop donut, which is more useful. Not that you need loops with the scores you get from on-field rookies…btw which rookies you fielding this week? I’ll copy you

Chesser is hardly a loss. With the way the spud was going he would have been lucky to make another 20k

Now you can use him as a loop donut, which is more useful. Not that you need loops with the scores you get from on-field rookies…btw which rookies you fielding this week? I’ll copy you

Cheser would have scored a 45-50 and would have still made good $$.. chandler this week plays against the eagles reserves side..will score the same as congilio who cost $650k more.

Whilst everyone else will have a chandler 90+, I’ll have to cop a Fergus greene or phillipou 30. Davey will get rested.

Cheser would have scored a 45-50 and would have still made good $$.. chandler this week plays against the eagles reserves side..will score the same as congilio who cost $650k more.

Whilst everyone else will have a chandler 90+, I’ll have to cop a Fergus greene or phillipou 30. Davey will get rested.
Why don't you get Chandler this week? Still has plenty of cash to make and his JS looks good considering how good he was last week

Please, I'd feel a lot better fielding him this week if you also had him :D

Why don't you get Chandler this week? Still has plenty of cash to make and his JS looks good considering how good he was last week

Please, I'd feel a lot better fielding him this week if you also had him :D

Don’t want to waste a boost..will need them bye rounds and beyond.

Every time I see Witts and Mcgrath’s name it infuriates me..need to get rid of them both..

Daicos v Brisbane won’t score like he has but I can’t not have him.

English is a must. I can’t keep watching witts run up and down the ground anymore nowhere near the ball.

Thoughts on moving davey fwd, chesser as M11 and turning greene into bowes?
I don’t mind it. There’s definitely value in keeping Chesser as a mid-def link. And Bowes isn’t a bad option. He has the potential to start posting really solid scores…and he might just do that against the Hawks this weekend.

Bowes playing Monday is a bit of a concern, but you don’t need to make the trade, so you can hold off until Davey (or Long) play Sunday. Final teams for Monday will be well and truly in by then, and hopefully we’ll have heard any late out whispers.

Gone with three trades again this week which is one more than I really wanted.
Witts to English
Worpel to LDU
Callaghan to Day (via Constable)

Add those to the three made last week of
Butters to Ziebell
Bontempelli to Setterfield
M Johnson to Pedlar.

Day has certainly strengthened my backline and I'm pleased to be rid of the two midpricers in Worpel and Callaghan.
Rucks are now set and forget.

Gone with three trades again this week which is one more than I really wanted.
Witts to English
Worpel to LDU
Callaghan to Day (via Constable)

Add those to the three made last week of
Butters to Ziebell
Bontempelli to Setterfield
M Johnson to Pedlar.

Day has certainly strengthened my backline and I'm pleased to be rid of the two midpricers in Worpel and Callaghan.
Rucks are now set and forget.
wow...triple upgrade in week 4, nice.

A question in theory, (and I did ask about this earlier in the week), but framing it differently now.

I need to bring in a defender this week. Would you be better off using 2 trades and get Day, or 3 trades and get Sicily?

I'm thinking 3 trades to get a locked in top 6 defender, no question, in the long run makes more sense than saving a trade now, but the player you get may need upgrading later. Unless Day keeps this form up (90's avg), in which case he's an amazing pick.

Either way, someone's coming in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back