Trades / Delistings & Draftees 2014 (latest: Clarke & Mooney going home, Yagmoor delisted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people wanted Cloke traded, some want Beams traded

Funny place is BigFooty

IMO Cloke could have been traded. Although a good player I feel most other teams have someone of equal value. Was he value for money?. The question now is will he still be in prime form when our window re-opens. If not then who will be our next Gorilla?

He can take a big grab but is unreliable to convert.
Remonstrates way too much with the Scumps.
Strong but can't outrun his opponent.
Lacks versatility.
A confidence player which I haven't seen rip multiple games apart for a while now.
Our inside entries and lack of support don't help and I don't think would help any playing his position ATM but who below couldn't replace him if available. Just shows he's not a one of a kind and could have been traded.

Hawkins
Schulz
Franklin
Tippet
Roughead
Walker
Petrie
Pavlich
N Reiwolt
Kennedy

Shame it didn't work out for either of them but there was no way they were taking up a spot on our list in 2015.

Lynch, Ball, Clarke, Mooney, Maxwell and Hudson all gone now. I am sure there will be a few more that will be delisted in the upcoming days.

Shame it didn't work out for either of them but there was no way they were taking up a spot on our list in 2015.

Lynch, Ball, Clarke, Mooney, Maxwell and Hudson all gone now. I am sure there will be a few more that will be delisted in the upcoming days.
Not sure about any more delistings. Gault, Armstrong and Ramsay were possibles a little while ago but have done enough to keep a place. Sack is uncertain but wont be delisted. Thats 4 gone from our main list with Hudson upgraded from rookie list at start of year and Mooney a rookie

Frost needs an upgrade so that means only 3 senior spots if I am right. Need all those for the draft which leaves no trade options unless we delist or trade out. Think I may have just contradicted myself. Maybe Ramsay to the rookie list to create a spot

Brown>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Keeffe>Frost
Really? What has Brown done that is so far an order of magnitude above what Frost and Keeffe did this year? I would agree that if fully fit, Brown would be the best player at the moment, but the margin between them all is greatly exaggerated by some IMO. (saw one post that Frost wasn't "worthy to lick the slime off Brown's boots" - what stupid rubbish).

Edit: see that your post was in response to a similar one made the other way. Generally don't get involved in arguments that go "A>>B", "B>>>>>A", etc, maybe I should have done the same here.

Really? What has Brown done that is so far an order of magnitude above what Frost and Keeffe did this year? I would agree that if fully fit, Brown would be the best player at the moment, but the margin between them all is greatly exaggerated by some IMO. (saw one post that Frost wasn't "worthy to lick the slime off Brown's boots" - what stupid rubbish).

Edit: see that your post was in response to a similar one made the other way. Generally don't get involved in arguments that go "A>>B", "B>>>>>A", etc, maybe I should have done the same here.

I only think Brown can handle the big forwards like Hawkins and Roughead better but otherwise Frost is doing pretty good.

No more Irish blokes thanks

Malcheski as a free agent is the only bloke we should go after we need somebody who can use the footy even for a couple of years

Guess what guys HE COST US NOTHING
That's our new favourite line.
We should be known as the team that cost nothing,

Remember Brown over both GF's on Riewoldt? On the biggest stage nullifying the best KF in the game back then was pretty decent :)
Love Frosty though and the way he goes about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Mooney's debut game at the MCG in 2012, but cant recall against whom (just checked, it was Freo). He got a huge reception from the Pies fans wne he ran out, on the back of some real hype about his speed. He is fast. Caolan's mum used to post on another Collingwood fan forum, a very nice lady.

I wish him all the very best, he is an amazing athlete, and I hope he returns to a new (and better) football career in Ireland.

I remember Mooney's debut game at the MCG in 2012, but cant recall against whom (just checked, it was Freo). He got a huge reception from the Pies fans wne he ran out, on the back of some real hype about his speed. He is fast. Caolan's mum used to post on another Collingwood fan forum, a very nice lady.

And a 5 goal haul against Coburg the week before.

Do you reckon we'll delist any more? I thought Dwyer and Young might have been a chance to go
They both might have some trade value, so to delist them before the trade period would be silly.

I'm just trying to work out how many list spots are now available.

We've had 4 senior listed players retire. However Jack Frost will definitely be upgraded to the senior list.

By recollection we went into the season with 1 vacancy on the senior list which is why Hudson got promoted.

So am I right to say that we have 5 spots, but one will be used on Frost?

I think 4 picks is enough. We already have such a huge amount of youth.

I'd be happy to use 3 picks, and make a trade for a player.

I'm just trying to work out how many list spots are now available.

We've had 4 senior listed players retire. However Jack Frost will definitely be upgraded to the senior list.

By recollection we went into the season with 1 vacancy on the senior list which is why Hudson got promoted.

So am I right to say that we have 5 spots, but one will be used on Frost?

I think 4 picks is enough. We already have such a huge amount of youth.

I'd be happy to use 3 picks, and make a trade for a player.

Thats what my numbers come to.

5 spots and then with Frost upgraded you get to 4. I dont think martin or gault have to be upgraded as think they get a 3rd year (could be wrong). They can also be immediately upgraded for Caf and Shazza.

I suspect they will only use 3 and leave a spot for a DFA or a Free Agent.

We will also have room for 2 rookies and then mason cox sits outside as the 45th.

Question I had was given Caf and Shazza out do we get any special relief for additional rookies? I suspect not but I thought I recollected something on this a while ago where another club had similar issue entering a season.

We have a total of 40 players counting Moore and Cox who have virtually been confirmed

Cox being an International rookie means he is outside the list and Moore is our 1st draft pick

If you don't try to differentiate between seniors and rookies it's just a straight list of 45
Do internationals take up a rookie spot? I thought there was a certain number of rookie spots and then category 2 rookie spots were additional but aren't real sure.

Looks like I'm the last Irishman standing at Collingwood now :(

Despite his obvious outstanding athletic abilities Mooney never managed to fully make the breakthrough to become a consistent AFL standard player. I said back in 2011 when he was initially recruited that my main concern would be whether he could marry his physical traits with game nous and quality decision-making. Unfortunately this would appear to be the main knock on his game 3 years on as he appeared to plateau as a decent VFL contributor without the true game sense to make the step up to Seniors, despite the odd flash of brilliance.

I do believe that the club erred on two counts when it came to Mooney's development. Firstly the persistence in playing him as an out and out forward for the majority of his first two years in the VFL. While he played many good games there and added value to the VFL team, if the ultimate aim was to develop his game to AFL standard he should have had at the very least large stints in defence where most observers believe it is easier to learn the ins and outs of the game. By the time it happened in 2014 it was perhaps too late.

Secondly, when he was elevated to the seniors in 2012 and 2013, he played 5 of his 6 games as the starting substitute. While nobody should feel entitled to a starting spot, expecting a relative newcomer to the game to both impact and impress in sub cameos is slightly unrealistic. It also meant that there was still a real uncertainty as to whether he could actually play at that level given every analysis had to be qualified by the fact that he was the starting sub.

Similar to Marty, he can head for home with his head held high having played in the big league, provided moments of genuine awe at VFL level and given his opportunity a proper crack. I imagine Down are now a definite smoky to win the All Ireland championship in 2015!

Mooney delisted?

How can that be, a certain poster pumped his tyres up for years.
Maybe i should go back & drag up those posts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back