Rumour Trades in Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Trengove plays FF, CHF, Ruck, CHB and can lock a spot in a BP too: Pretty much anywhere. Rated very highly in most circles, some may even say overrated.

Pass. Stef Martin will keep him out.

We should be looking at another silky kicker coming out of half back and some more pace would be nice.

As for Bate and Dunn = 17 y.o pick. No chance.

There's apparently some really good 17y.o. ie O'meara, Yarran.

Prob 1st round pick + a good/solid player. 1st round pick + Petterd for example.
Not a bad point. But I do think that Tapscott and Grimes will be the two doing this in future years. A Toy type would be good.

If we scored a place in the mini-draft it might be worth taking a look at someone other than Jack Viney. I reckon we will have pick 13 or 14 in the 2012 draft. Say we have to give that up for Viney, but we also manage to score someone in the mini-draft that would normally be worth a top 5 pick. That gives us two elite youngsters rather than Viney and a pick 13/14.

This would also depend on whether or not Scully goes. Assuming he does we would want to use our 3 mid first round picks in 2012. Activate them ASAP because a) the players cane get into the system quickly and can play a role at the club sooner rather than later and b) the 2012 draft is supposedly going to rival 2001, 2006, 2008, 2010 :eek: Imagine that, three first round picks! We could potentially pick up three Tom Scully's ;)

If we scored a place in the mini-draft it might be worth taking a look at someone other than Jack Viney. I reckon we will have pick 13 or 14 in the 2012 draft. Say we have to give that up for Viney, but we also manage to score someone in the mini-draft that would normally be worth a top 5 pick. That gives us two elite youngsters rather than Viney and a pick 13/14.

This would also depend on whether or not Scully goes. Assuming he does we would want to use our 3 mid first round picks in 2012. Activate them ASAP because a) the players cane get into the system quickly and can play a role at the club sooner rather than later and b) the 2012 draft is supposedly going to rival 2001, 2006, 2008, 2010 :eek: Imagine that, three first round picks! We could potentially pick up three Tom Scully's ;)

My whole motivation is to save picks for the 2013 draft. Unless we have a dramatic collapse, no matter what happens our first round pick this season is going to be down in the teens/20s. JV is, on all current reports, a first-round player and even a possible #1 if not for F/S. My argument for doing so is that right now with our list we're going to be more likely to take potshots in this draft (although with BP's record on potshots it's bloody likely to come off) than previously.
Taking JV this year, whether through draft pick trades or player trades means that for the 2013 draft when we may be drafting a player to fill one of the few gaps that we will have by then a higher 1st round pick than we could ever hope to have for this year's draft. Means we're more likely to get what we want out of an uncompromised draft.

And it does depend on Scully, but the pick would be AFTER GWS, no matter what happened.

Trengove plays FF, CHF, Ruck, CHB and can lock a spot in a BP too: Pretty much anywhere. Rated very highly in most circles, some may even say overrated.

Yep, he unfortunately got bad injuries in his draft year which made him slide. Looked like a freak of a CHB for Calder Cannons for a while.. Let's hope Richmond don't get him :p

Garland and Riv are walking injuries, neither will lock down a a KPP place unfortunately because of consistency.

Frawley
Trengove
Trengove
Watts
Cook
Gawn

looks good to me!

Forget Savage, I wish we had drafted Isaac Smith! 3.5 years older than Lucas Cook, but what a package! Kicks goals, incredible run, awesome footskills, versatility position wise and a solid mark.

Plays a lot taller than he is, and still very skinny. Age the only concern, but quite a super talent. Surprised he slid.

Master + Dunn to GWS for a 17 year old pick.

Yeah, unfair. Hear me out though.

- We've only got two contract negotiations running. One is the obvious one, the other is Col Sylvia.
- Work to get Sylvia's contract wrapped up sooner rather than later.
- Get the trade deal done with GWS. The 17 year old will be Jack Viney - now that MFC have the pick, get him to nominate. Likelihood is that a WA club will get the other for O'Meara right now.
- Then, with Scully's negotiation, massively front-load the contract using the wages freed up from Bate and Dunn. Literally give him every cent we have free that wouldn't be a draftee contract for 2012. Then, for the following years, negotiate a lower rate.

EG Using the Sheahan $2.8mil over 4 years...
Year 1: $1.4mil
Year 2: $600k
Year 3: $450k
Year 4: $350k

Very interesting. I like thinking outside the square.

Viney in without using a 1st round ND pick, extra $ for Scully & co. (we wont need to match $ for $ the GWS offer i wouldn't have thought).

The down side being we loose a couple of handy footballers in Bate and Dunn. That said i'm not 100% of what there currency is on the open market so doubt GWS would be interested.

I think we will definatly be putting: Morton, Warnock, Bate and Dunn on the trade table this year.

Very interesting. I like thinking outside the square.

Viney in without using a 1st round ND pick, extra $ for Scully & co. (we wont need to match $ for $ the GWS offer i wouldn't have thought).

The down side being we loose a couple of handy footballers in Bate and Dunn. That said i'm not 100% of what there currency is on the open market so doubt GWS would be interested.

I think we will definatly be putting: Morton, Warnock, Bate and Dunn on the trade table this year.

People are still assuming that Scully's driving motivation is $$$$$$

Scully imo hasnt made up his mind on his future,

TS will play where he thinks that he can win a premiership, and where he thinks he can be the best footballer HE can possibly be

TS will get paid well at ANY club either MFC GWS or other it doesnt matter, he is driven towards his goals and this is to be successful at football

My reasoning as to why GWS would be interested:
- Both would be available in such a trade
- They HAVE to trade the 17-year-old picks
- They need bigger bodies to run with the kids
- The uncontracted option means that they are looking at players over the two seasons - and remember they can still only take one player per club through that route
- Both have had memorable 2010 patches but a poor 2011 and are looking like being surplus at the club and not playing at AFL level in 2011
- They have been struggling to attract serious names to the club unlike GC at this point last year

As for Scully's motivation, I agree that it is not money, but nevertheless the situation means that he will demand a bigger deal. It is not ideal at all, and I think we should do anything to minimize the impact for future years on the cap space assuming he stays. And if he doesn't it secures our position for re-negotiations with other players.

That 17 year old could potentially be worth a top 5 pick in a normal draft! Why waste it on Viney when we could pick him up with a mid first rounder in 2012?

If we get a spot in the mini-draft, they won't be using it on Viney.

I see no reason in going for a 17 year old. I was under the impression that were seeking 'experienced' types (3rd, 4th, 5th year players [experienced in the sense of the rebuild]) for our list ala. Trengove, rather than another young player. If Scully goes, than we will still have two first round picks to pin our hopes on in the midfield. Unless one of the 17 year olds is a pack-crashing forward, no thanks for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could potentially score a place by offloading some fringe players, it would be worth it though. Port will be asking for more than GWS, as the latter is concerned more with big bodies rather than best 22 talent in the other team.

We wont be trading for any players on big money, especially oif they arent stars.

We need to save our coin to pay our kids and to keep them.

We have every position covered with immense young talent.

just say no to Mitch Clark. Stefan Martin is better than him now anyway.

We wont be trading for any players on big money, especially oif they arent stars.

We need to save our coin to pay our kids and to keep them.

We have every position covered with immense young talent.

just say no to Mitch Clark. Stefan Martin is better than him now anyway.

cept for one thing i realy cant be bothered searching up the quote, but jim stynes said we had plans at the start of the year to go searching for an established player from another club, whether scully's demand has thrown that plan out of the window only the footy club, knows but surely people should understand that scullys demands if money based ( which i dont believe) are true, we can manage that situation

stefan martin in the last few weeks has really helped us in that all my trade in suggestions were ruck/forwards , and martin is atm doing a better job than many others in the afl including clark, ryder.... i would love to see us if we draft that we look for someone like xavier ellis, think we are short one or to really classy kicks to take the pressure off davey, with nicholson and bennel behind the footy we have the running backs covered and tapscott is the big get out kicker, with martin and watts developing we may not need the big kpf especially as we have fitzpatrick and cook still yet to develop

My first thought on blease was yes, but it his defensive side that is the issue, runs one way, can we afford to lose our forward pressure, it is one of the biggest aspects of the modern game

Clubs that have successfully traded for one of the four selections will have the opportunity to choose a player from a pool of 17-year-olds (see below list of eligible players at this year's NAB AFL Under-18 Championships) at the mini-draft.

Highly-rated youngsters Jaeger O'Meara and Dayle Garlett from Western Australia, Vic Country's Brad Crouch and South Australians Ben Kennedy and Matthew McDonough fall into the eligible age bracket and are impressing at the under-18 championships underway around the country.

The most likely scenario will see GWS auction off two picks to the highest bidders this year and then repeat the process next year in order to maximise their return.

However, if interest in this year's crop of players born in the eligibility window creates a bidding war, then the Giants can conceivably move on all four picks, which the successful clubs can then use on the player of their choice if he's still available.

All clubs other than GWS will nominate a maximum of 10 players of interest to them under this rule by July 1. All players nominated by a club will then be advised in writing of this opportunity so they can nominate to be considered under this rule before the August 1 deadline.

The top-ranked players will then be invited to the NAB AFL Draft Combine to be held at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne from October 4 - 7.

some background to those talking about the GWS Mini-Draft. The link below has a list also of players who could be taken in this mini draft.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/117004/default.aspx

BUMP

Rumours that dangerfield wants back to VIC next year

What do you guys think of him as a ready made replacement if scully does leave? maybe our fixed mid round first pick? dont know if that would be enough to satisfy the crows but i think it would add some real power to our midfield

BUMP

Rumours that dangerfield wants back to VIC next year

What do you guys think of him as a ready made replacement if scully does leave? maybe our fixed mid round first pick? dont know if that would be enough to satisfy the crows but i think it would add some real power to our midfield

would be a handy player, he still is under contract next year though, I would think Adelaide would probably ask for Tapscott in return and i dont like that, but would be happy if we can get him for a draft pick though.

I aslo heard earlier on in the year that Shuey was thinking about returning home, not sure if he has signed on at West Coast yet but he was a Demon supporter growing up, would love to get one of them.

would be a handy player, he still is under contract next year though, I would think Adelaide would probably ask for Tapscott in return and i dont like that, but would be happy if we can get him for a draft pick though.

I aslo heard earlier on in the year that Shuey was thinking about returning home, not sure if he has signed on at West Coast yet but he was a Demon supporter growing up, would love to get one of them.

i would say theres is no dangerfield of that going thru

i think were at the process of giving away picks now doubt we would be interested in trading young 22 members.. dont know what sort of player adelaide need though id happily offer warnock/bate plus our mid first rounder for dangerfield

shuey would be awesome for us, but also embarassing because it went strauss shuey then blease in the draft .. we could have had him already

but WC are after crumbing forwards and midfielders so maybe blease and maric/bennel for shuey and a 2nd rnd pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back