Trades - Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my team for round five.... any trades i should make thanks heaps!

Backs.
H.shaw
C.Cornes
G.Brichall
L.Gilbee
N.J.Brown
B.Symes

Armfield
Ward

Mids.
D.Cross
B.Sewell
Salopek
Griffen
N.Stevens
S.Thompson

T.Tuck
O'keefe

Rucks.
Minson
Simmonds

Hamson
Bailey

Forwards.

Pavlich
Riewolt
J.Brown
Mckinnley
Hawkins
C.Rioli
R.Murphy

Jacky
Sellar

any help would be appreciated

Im no expert, but rucks look a little light on. Your missing an extra backman there? Forwadline could maybe do with another gun, but you'll be fine wen you upgrade Rioli.

hey lads, some opinions on this...

Out: Hall & Adcock
In: One of Bradshaw/BJ/Buddy/Fev
& Kane Johnson

Struggling a bit with the Forwards, the rest of my forward line is

Pavlich, Brown, Rioli, Daisy, Hill & Morton, Sellar(E), Mitch Clark(E).

Mids
Goodes, Pendles, Houli, T Tuck, PAlmer, Dyson(E), Shammer(E).

My other option would be to trade Schammer & HAll and pick up a cheaper forward such as McKinley with K Johnson?

Asif you would trade Jed.
You payed too much for him to trade him off now.

burton for okeefe...okeefe had a good game last week and will improve on it this week as he will have to kick more goals as hall is out and they will still be relying on him, even more now. plus franklin is still too inconsistant

But will R'oK be AOK with the biggest and best defender now that BBBH is gone? :confused:
I'm thinking about the same trade BTW.

And I wonder if Buddy still is as inconsistent as we all (yours truly included) seem to think? He was up and down like a yoyo last year- 143 one week, 44 the next (for example), but at least this year he's not going quite as far down (yet).
I think I still want him too...

Dyson has a BE this week of 61 and is set to go up 1900, so he has pretty much reached his peak, unless he pulls out another 29 possie game. Masten is looking to go up around 36000 and Selwood around 58000. So if youre looking for cash, id do the trade, but Dyson is more than likely going to play most games this year, so he could be the safer option. For me, im going to hang out for the likes of Cotchin, Veszpremi, Ebert, Grimes, Hansen, SD Thompson (I hope) and Coughlan to play three games and then downgrade my cash cows to those guys. Fortunately this year, some of the cash cows look like keepers, so I wont lose too many points along the way.
Yeah.. I'm not really in a hurry for cash as I'll be using it to upgrade Houli or Palmer who still have a way to go before they peak. Also, with Priddis on the bench, I need someone who is going to play over the new few weeks. Think I'll sit on my hands for yet another round. Cheers for your thoughts. :thumbsu:

(edit: ...or I'll possibly go with Wona and see how much he can make me before he goes back on the rookie list)

My dilemma.

Have just traded out Josh Hill for McKinley making me about $160(+more next week when McK increases) leaving my bank at $490,000 for now.

Considering m 4th trade to boost my backline and thinking Nickoski out for either Chad, who I trust, or a Bradshaw who i dont. I had bradshaw in my team before the first lockout, as Ive done for years... But I tswapped him out late as I just didnt trust him. been on him for years and he finally comes good the year I jump off at the last minute:rolleyes:

Picking Bradshaw would leave me with 340K to play with, while Chad will leave me with 113K.

Team is solid with only 3 trades completed, no injuries and score improving each week to be over 2200 last week.

What trade? Or should I wait and see for a bit?

Of the two trades i have in mind this week im leaning to option two

Option 1.
Hall for McKinly
Nico for H.Shaw

Option 2.
Hall for McKinly
Tuck for Wone (cash in)

Then do the Nico for Shaw next week. At the moment im viewing Shaw as almost maxed out, and i don't see a decent dowgrade for Tuck coming soon. It will make me about 130K. Which is a nice profit. And hopefully i can keep some spare trade for a possible upgrade or cash in for wone around round7/8.

This all sounds good but if i do end up going with option 2 I would pretty much be conceding a 0-2 start to my league. League win is my aim (prize money).

Option two is a quick fix for my backline, and Shaw is a tasty option.

Why is everyone jumping on Bradshaw?

Surely won't keep up his form?..

Anyway, Should I do Gram for Kennely or ... Bradshaw? :D

Check out Bradshaw's form from 2005 and 2006. The guy averaged 90+ in both seasons. At his starting price of 284k you would have been a fool not to take the punt. Still a reasonable option to trade to in my opinion.

I would keep faith in Gram. I've never been a fan of sideways trading.

How many trades do you have left?

Gram was never going to be a good selection. Has a few good games here and there but never consistent enough and his high scores aren't even that great. Goddard will eat into his score, as will Fisher.

Have $232k in the bank, and I have 2 options as I see it

a) trading Tippet for McKinley, which gives me the coin to upgrade Coughlan to Kornes; or
b) trading Gram for Wonaeamirri, then upgrading L Hansen to Milburn.

What should I do?

Depends on the makeup of the rest of your team. You can afford to hold off on Kornes because he'll still be a bargain next week. Then again so will Milburn. McKinley and Woenamerri are both tasty options.

If you like living on the wild side and can afford to take the hit this week why not get Woenamerri AND McKinley this week and then do two upgrades next week?

burton for franklin or okeefe:confused: a little sidways but could be worthwhile. thoughts???

Keep Birdman. He's been playing well enough and I've got faith he'll get back up. If I had to pick one I'd pick O'Keefe, however how Hall's loss will affect his game is anyone's guess. He had a crapish year last year when Hall had a crapish year. I'm not sold on Buddy yet.

Lads, GAblett or Dal?

RoJo? Well GAblett if you got the coin and you're a big spender. Dalsanto if you're looking for a bargain and you got faith. I'm looking at picking up Dal in 2-3 weeks if he recaptures his form.

Dilema please help who do I get rid of Jetta (inj) or Gamble (susp)? :)

Neither but if you had to choose one I'd choose Jetta to get the axe. Gamble looks to be in the 22 ahead of Byrnes (Cats fans any thoughts?) however after getting suspended Thommo might want to teach him a lesson. Then theres the returning stars to worry about.

If you like living on the wild side and can afford to take the hit this week why not get Woenamerri AND McKinley this week and then do two upgrades next week?

Yeah im gonna take a punt and get both wona and McKinly for tuck and Hall. Will leave me 600K in the bank and will set me up for upgrades of Nico, Pfiefer, Palmer/Bird and Tippet.

Will be conceding a loss and a 0-2 league start (which is my aim to win) start tho! Need Priddis back quick smart also!

Neither but if you had to choose one I'd choose Jetta to get the axe. Gamble looks to be in the 22 ahead of Byrnes (Cats fans any thoughts?) however after getting suspended Thommo might want to teach him a lesson. Then theres the returning stars to worry about.

Nah Gamble has so much more upside the Byrnes and I think Thommo knows it.

He can nab a goal, plays taller then his height and can actually hold a mark. I would be more then suprised if Vegas isn't in our team next week.

Even if I wasn't bias, Gamble is a better option then Jetta simply because of the bomber hammy problem and once you get a hammy the chance of it reoccuring later in the year is ten fold.

My midfield is probably the strongest area already, but I figure if I can get it rocksolid now, why not? If Hampson's named this week:

Wood down to Hampson
R Shaw up to Dal Santo or K Cornes

Otherwise I'll wait til next week. The other option is someone in the forward line to O'Keefe or Riewoldt, or maybe Lovett-Murray to Sam Fisher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is less like that after so long out of the side Prismall will be dropped straight away again for Gamble, unlike Byrnes the week before. You'd think Prismall would get a couple of weeks at least.

Neh.

Gamble > Prismal

Round 6 Geelong changes: Prismal out, Gamble in

:thumbsu:

Neh.

Gamble > Prismal

Round 6 Geelong changes: Prismal out, Gamble in

:thumbsu:
I'm not ruling that out but Prismall has deserved this opportunity for a long time. Would walk into any other side's 18.

Out: L.Hansen, Hall

In: Wonaeamirri, S.Johnson

(Need to get Wona in so i don't cop a zero + it's looks like he's a solid cow anyway)
Do you think he's a lock in Melbourne side for at least a month mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back